Alternate PF Buffy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people thought that Sideshow produced this piece in reaction to the complaints about the original one's hair. And then what does Sideshow do? TOTALLY SCREW UP THE HAIR.

:monkey2

buffy1-1.jpg

It definately looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar though. I'd pick up if it was ever for sale at my LCS. My only nitpick is the thick eyebrows. The hair wouldn't look so bad if they had whispers of hair in front of the ears...

Check out this comparison I just made. Look at the hair right in front of the ears. Also, look at the amount of forehead that is exposed. As I said before, the hair on the final product is too high and too far back. The Alternative PF Buffy has suffered the curse of the 12-inch "Prophecy Girl" Buffy. OK, it's not quite that bad, but in my opinion, it's entirely unacceptable.

buffyprofilecomparisonul2.jpg

I think you nailed the problem, Billy. Look at the detail of the hair above her ear. I added a line to follow the curve of the hair that emphasizes the problem.

buffyhair.jpg

Notice how in the prototype, the curve lays just on top of her ear. But in the production version, it is definitely too high, too far back, and at the wrong angle. If mine looks like that when I eventually get it, it will be going back, without a doubt.

Man this has me bummed out. That figure has a widow's peak and a half. I am crossing my fingers come Tuesday, the day when I should receive my order. That aside the sculpt is a very good likeness of Sarah Michelle Gellar even with the thick eyebrows.

i hadn't even noticed that hair problem in the pics I'd seen, but i think you're right.

it's such a shame about these pieces, because the sculpt and the statue itself is great. and COULD be great.... but ever since I saw production pieces of the first version (and now this version) I'd wished I owned one so I could repaint it.... they've managed to make SMG look like a corpse that someone has painted up like a tranny to try and make her look alive

i mean.... that excessive lipstick.... those permanent marker eyebrows.... those "must... eat... brains" eyes.....:lol

I'm sorry to anyone who owns this, I don't mean to sound harsh. And I'm sure when lit up in your own homes in your own rooms it looks great.... I apologise for my comments. But damn..... it's just bugged the hell out of me that nobody has ever repainted one. it would rock :rock

(and I'm in the UK so I've got no chance of ever having one sent to me for fixing. Although having said that some guy is thinking about sending his Luke PF over to me :rotfl)

I am in shock. Thank you for the pictures and I'm glad you already got her, but she is simply hideous! The hairline makes her look like a bold person wearing a maladjusted wig. And her face makes her look like she's wearing too much make-up (she looks like a tranny as Darren said). The eyebrows are still thick, the eyelashes are too distracting. I had a slight hope that her outfit would be improved. But no, this is just horrible. I'm not getting her. This is the first Sideshow Buffy item that I'm not having. I am so glad I didn't pre-order.

I just received my Buffy today. I think she is amazing and am so happy I did not get the first version. I love everything about her.
I have been busy snapping away trying to get a decent shot of her head. She has a head very close to the proto. I will add more once I can get a non blurry shot.

That is MUCH better! Thanks for those pics!

I was really worried after seeing Mikey's pics. Mine is very nice and she has a normal hair line plus she has a rosy chest area. Still playing with the camera trying to get better shots.

Hi everybody, first time here. :wave

Is there any way to check with SS and see how many defective ones could have shipped?

I've preorder mine from BCC and really worried it might show up with the defective head.

BTW, thanks for all the pictures, dr2red and Mikey

Hey, Lior Knight. It's nice to see you on the Freaks forum. If I were you, I'd contact the BCC and ask someone to open your box and look at the figure before shipping it.

Hey, Lior Knight. It's nice to see you on the Freaks forum. If I were you, I'd contact the BCC and ask someone to open your box and look at the figure before shipping it.

Thanks for the welcome and for the tip. :) I already sent an email to BCC asking to inspect my item before dispatching; explaining the situation...I just hope they won't forget to do it once the figures start shipping from their warehouse.

Back