Alligator grabs two year old at Disney World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wading ankle deep isn't swimming and apparently the 'white sandy beach' is used in advertising the resort.

When signs are posted No Swimming, you aren't to get into the water. Especially alone, when you're 2 years old, and it's night time. It's like a No Admittance sign. They don't post why you can't go in there, they just tell you that you can't.

Disney has been in business for decades, half a century even, and this is the first time this has happened, yet a lot of people act like it happens all the time there. Some of the media people are calling for blood and acting like Disney World should shut down.

When signs are posted No Swimming, you aren't to get into the water. Especially alone, when you're 2 years old, and it's night time. It's like a No Admittance sign. They don't post why you can't go in there, they just tell you that you can't.

Disney has been in business for decades, half a century even, and this is the first time this has happened, yet a lot of people act like it happens all the time there. Some of the media people are calling for blood and acting like Disney World should shut down.

:lol yeah right

I guess the kid is in some Alligators belly. Its like the Alligator is being portrayed as some child catching monster though. :dunno

What are they gonna do, cut open a thousand Alligators now?

this is in the ride

latest

3800792214_5bd72b0aa2.jpg

Is that a warning sign in the middle of the last picture?

If it is warning of Alligators my children wouldn't even be allowed on the beach, nevermind near the water.

i think it says no swimming only.

If so that's not much of a warning about the potential danger.
People of all nationalities must visit that beach.

I would read that as a potential drowning risk and wouldn't think twice about letting my kids near the waters edge.

on the news they said that in the past 34 years they never had that kind of problem or something... but still,

I think someone will argue that the kid was wading, not swimming. If they wanted ppl to stay out of the water the sign should read "stay out of water". Or even better close it down since gator can still get you on land. Not saying i agree but that will be one of the arguments.

Also Makes you wonder why an area of he world known for gators wouldnt have some kind of aquatic gates or closed off lakes or something like that. Who even knew gators lurked or had access to Disneyland?

Actually, you wouldn't want to. All along the edge is a thick growth of water plants and the water isn't like ocean water. The beach is just to sun bathe.

Then theres the issue of the sign itself. Was it obvious? In a good location? Well lit area? Did they think it was more for drowning (like no life guard on duty)? It clearly does not warn of gator attack. Mayebe it had to do with the water's chem content (like no chlorine). I dont know.

Plus the place is crawling with kids, many of whome cannot read. Some of them go off on their own. So what good is the warning sign then? What about adults who cant read? What about people who dont read English?

Just spit balling.

I think someone will argue that the kid was wading, not swimming. If they wanted ppl to stay out of the water the sign should read "stay out of water". Or even better close it down since gator can still get you on land. Not saying i agree but that will be one of the arguments.

Also Makes you wonder why an area of he world known for gators wouldnt have some kind of aquatic gates or closed off lakes or something like that. Who even knew gators lurked or had access to Disneyland?

Like they said in the press conference, the gators can travel miles by land and fences wouldn't make a difference.

Supposedly Disney routinely removes gators from the lake, but not "recently." Perhaps due to cost cutting? They have cut jobs recently from what I've read. I can't think that they won't be liable in some way. A no swimming sign seems harmless compared to a "beware of alligators" sign.

Then theres the issue of the sign itself. Was it obvious? In a good location? Well lit area? Did they think it was more for drowning (like no life guard on duty)? It clearly does not warn of gator attack. Mayebe it had to do with the water's chem content (like no chlorine). I dont know.

Plus the place is crawling with kids, many of whome cannot read. Some of them go off on their own. So what good is the warning sign then? What about adults who cant read? What about people who dont read English?

Just spit balling.

:lol You sound like some of the reporters yelling out things at the press conferences.

Back