Alligator grabs two year old at Disney World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5105651321_8f69b2a87b_m.jpg

I think this sign clearly warns of the dangers posed by local ducks.

Well, Ducks do rape each other and are really horrible animals. They may offend some parent, which probably justifies a lawsuit to some here. lol

Well, Ducks do rape each other and are really horrible animals. They may offend some parent, which probably justifies a lawsuit to some here. lol
Don't forget that big one who never wears pants while walking around the park.:lol

I thought this story (and by extension, thread) had run it's course, then I read this morning that the dad was bitten by a second alligator when he tried to save his son (I don't know if this was reported before), AND prior to the attack, firefighters were admonished for feeding alligators in the same county Disney World is located in...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...=hp_rhp-morning-mix_mm-story-c:homepage/story

I thought this story (and by extension, thread) had run it's course, then I read this morning that the dad was bitten by a second alligator when he tried to save his son (I don't know if this was reported before), AND prior to the attack, firefighters were admonished for feeding alligators in the same county Disney World is located in...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...=hp_rhp-morning-mix_mm-story-c:homepage/story

Well, even after all that, all that's left is the settlement between Disney and the kids family. The proper warning signs are now up and no one else died. So, unless we have another significant attack or death, I doubt we'll be hearing much more on this.

The family has chosen not to pursue a lawsuit.

"Melissa and I are broken. We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane. As each day passes, the pain gets worse, but we truly appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and warm sentiments we have received from around the world.

We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation. It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts.

In addition to the foundation, we will solely be focused on the future health of our family and will not be pursuing a lawsuit against Disney. For now, we continue to ask for privacy as we focus on our family."

They had every right to pursue this, but I guess they realize that no amount of money can bring back their child. I feel for them. I'm sure Disney will be making a contribution to the foundation they are setting up in his memory.

I'm sure Disney has already paid them well.

Yes, I'm sure they did. A Disney Rep already made mention that they were taken care of but wouldn't elaborate with any details. I think it was handled in the best way possible. Disney didn't want or need any more negative press and these parents need to try and put this painful incident behind them. A lawsuit would only drag on and keep reminding them of their loss. I'm sure the family and their future have been well provided for. At this point, that's all anyone could ask.

As a new father, I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of pain this family must be going through. I'm sure the big D paid them, but man, that is one thing no amount of money will never make you able to forget. Life is such a thing we all take for granted, and yet, we complaint about the most insignificant things.

A Foundations and not a Lawsuit...is the classiest move I have seen in a long while.

Bravo and RIP little man....

They really made it hard from anyone to ignore signs and enter the water now.....plus hard for gators to get on beach....

s065806898.jpg

Back