Alligator grabs two year old at Disney World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little confused as to how the kid was swimming in an area with "no swimming" signs. Parents are definitely at fault here legally, but the mouse is so good about keeping people from harm's way, I'm shocked there was no barrier to prevent the kid from getting to that area.

I'm a little confused as to how the kid was swimming in an area with "no swimming" signs. Parents are definitely at fault here legally, but the mouse is so good about keeping people from harm's way, I'm shocked there was no barrier to prevent the kid from getting to that area.

I bet there will be now.

It's been there since the park opened

Try remove all critters from their natural habitat one group will be ticked.....keep them and warn folks of the danger then this happens another group will be ticked...mouse in a no win battle.

Seriously father of six, it'd have to be gut wrenching for the parents. We always tell the kids, risky situations that seem fun that you get away with 99 out of 100 times become real that 1 time. Choose wisely...

Yikes. I remember one time visiting Florida with my brother and his two nephews. The hotel we stayed at had a little lake near it with of course "no swimming" signs everywhere. As soon as we parked the car, the youngest nephew (3 yrs) got excited seeing the water and made a dash to it. I have never sprinted after anything so fast in my life. Igrabbed him and flat out said, "if you go in that water you will die". I was not gonna play around.

Sucks for the family but you have to be smart.

​There are no swimming signs there and they let him wade into the water anyway. Terrible thing to happen.

The last time my family and I were at Disney World was back in either 2009 or 2010. We stayed at a little boutique hotel in Celebration, FL, and visited the Town Center there, which is built around a nice lake. My two daughters were 3 and 4 (or 4 and 5) at the time, and we went for a twilight walk around the lake. There were numerous signs about alligators...but they weren't warning signs, IIRC, but signs stating it was against Florida law to antagonize the alligators. I kept a close eye on my kids, keeping them near me and away from the water, and staying on the paved path. There were other paths leading into the wilderness, but I wasn't going to take my kids on them at twilight.

I really feel for the parents. No parent wants to lose their child, but it must be horrendous to witness their child snatched away and to never see them again. Maybe I'm weird, but I've actually had nightmares where I've "dreamt" that I've witness one of my daughters was snatched by an alligator in front of me. Again, I don't want to minimize any parents loss, but if one's child was sick and passed due to illness, at least you'd have time with that child at the hospital, home, etc.

As for Disney, well I believe I read that this was a man made lake, am I sure they didn't purposely allow alligators in the lake, but any wildlife will find their way to the habitat of their choosing.

Authorities have already caught four alligators, euthanized them, and cut up their stomachs to see if they can find human remains, but no "success" yet.

Just a sad story all around.

Last edited:
Family vacation turns into a nightmare when one of them gets eaten by a prehistoric reptile. A real life Jurassic Park. I can't even imagine the horror.

Wading ankle deep isn't swimming and apparently the 'white sandy beach' is used in advertising the resort.

I can't remember if it does, but if Disney World's Peter Pan ride has anything featuring the crocodile that chases Captain Hook, they may have to remove that portion, if not the entire ride itself.

I can't remember if it does, but if Disney World's Peter Pan ride has anything featuring the crocodile that chases Captain Hook, they may have to remove that portion, if not the entire ride itself.

that ride closed years ago

Back