ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out Maketoys Starscream (howling meteor) doesn’t have any cone back kibble - apparently tucking inside the body (unlike earlier photos that had it hanging out). This figure just keeps getting better and better than Takara’s MP-11.

wp_20170716_014-jpg.27766436

V9IejGC.jpg

Looks awesome, a big improvement on the MP11 mold. But I've just got the last conehead and have nine seekers in total. There is no way I'm going to start that all over again!

Never pulled the trigger on starscream as I've always collected the autobots. Looking forward to how it turns out ���� . Slowly buying back the masterpiece figures I sold

Anyone speak Japanese and able to translate the comparison in this review between the Japanese & American Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee? The clear difference is that the Japanese version has the eyes done properly (as they appeared in the original promotional images), while the Hasbro version messed up by painting a dark blue over the eyes that makes them look dead in most lighting conditions.

Turns out Maketoys Starscream (howling meteor) doesn’t have any cone back kibble - apparently tucking inside the body (unlike earlier photos that had it hanging out). This figure just keeps getting better and better than Takara’s MP-11.

V9IejGC.jpg

Looks good, miles better than mp 11 mould

THe MakeToys Starscream looks SO CLEAN. That's probably even more attractive than the actual design. It just plain looks nice.

--------------------------------------

Got the full review for ArtStorm's UM-02 Ultra Magnus up: Toy Review: ArtStorm UM-02 Ultimetal Ultra Magnus - Kuma Style

Overall, I appreciate the effort to bring another lead character to the line, but the execution on this one definitely felt like a let down. I go in depth in the review but basically I think that it would have been much better served as an outright Ultra Magnus without the White Prime underneath to maximize things like articulation, electronics, and even use of diecast.

Here are a few pics from the galla' section:

11-94.png

13-86.png

3-122.png

10-99.png

6-114.png

So who's getting FT Terminus Gigantus? Emgo and The Chosen a Prime reviews have sold me on it :)

I am, can’t wait! You?

As far as MT’s Starscream, this is what he really looks from the back, in hand preview from a TF2005 member (edgecrusher)

f734d3a86625528efa0ad82b7ac46ad8.jpg

No thanks. MP 11 will do until TT re-does them all over again.

Anyone speak Japanese and able to translate the comparison in this review between the Japanese & American Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee? The clear difference is that the Japanese version has the eyes done properly (as they appeared in the original promotional images), while the Hasbro version messed up by painting a dark blue over the eyes that makes them look dead in most lighting conditions.

from what someone on TFW2005 said its pretty much just the eyes on the fig as well as the Arm Cannon paint details, then just the box and the instructions, no major differences

If he didn't have that weird upwards concave in his lower chest/sternum area, that'd be about my favorite G1 Optimus design atm.

Honestly, I appreciate you taking the time to take actual, decent pictures and share them. Most convention pictures are quick snap garbage.

1-171.png

21-29.png

Thanks! I wish the lighting was better in their displays. It was tough to get a picture without it looking like a dark mass sitting there. I could have used my flash, but I hate what it does to the figures.

Honestly, I appreciate you taking the time to take actual, decent pictures and share them. Most convention pictures are quick snap garbage.

1-171.png

Great pics as usual!
I've been getting into the Iron Factory stuff lately. Picked up their version of Sky Shadow a few weeks ago and I got hooked. I had my replacement Starscream arrive last Friday (1st one came with 2 left arms), Shockwave arrived Saturday, and Thundercracker showed up today. Can't wait for Skywarp so I can complete Ghost Starscream. I have to say I'm particularly impressed with Shockwave - love all the translucent parts (especially the eye).

Here's a couple shots of Starscream.

20170721_143233.jpg

20170721_152022.jpg

Last edited:
I am, can’t wait! You?

As far as MT’s Starscream, this is what he really looks from the back, in hand preview from a TF2005 member (edgecrusher)

f734d3a86625528efa0ad82b7ac46ad8.jpg

No thanks. MP 11 will do until TT re-does them all over again.
I really don't understand the discrepancy between these two; either they physically removed the cone from the display figure, or whomever took the hands-on photos didn't transform it properly.

Back