ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img_6102sis89.jpg

Damn, that was pretty cool. Haven't owned a TF since the late 80s: G1 Motormaster. Loved figuring out the transformation, and it wasn't as complicated as I was expecting. Really impressed with the size and detail. Also need to pick up some batteries for it. Should be getting MPM-03 tomorrow, and MP-10 & MP-11 later in the week.

All things transformers!!!!

img_6102sis89.jpg

Damn, that was pretty cool. Haven't owned a TF since the late 80s: G1 Motormaster. Loved figuring out the transformation, and it wasn't as complicated as I was expecting. Really impressed with the size and detail. Also need to pick up some batteries for it. Should be getting MPM-03 tomorrow, and MP-10 & MP-11 later in the week.

Congrats! MP Shockwave is one of my favorite figures! SO cartoon accurate!!!

Metallic Grassor is here, I can't imagine what they'll look like once they are all together!!!

GIGA FTMFW!!!!!!

291e1a2d25e12a801b7ed7715b85d4b9.heic

32f5e71cee0f4fe669a793e7a1f937bf.heic

Last edited:
Huh, you see how little I've followed things that I thought Hugo Weaving was still doing Megatron. . .if there was one justification I would have for watching those films, it would be hearing Welker Megatron and Cullen Prime together.

Don't expect much. They have maybe a minute or 2 on screen together.

img_6107g2utv.jpg

Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee arrived. Couldn't get the doors to shut in alt mode to save my ass, and his left wing is really loose in bot mode, but other than that I love him. Slick transformation, awesome detail, looks great on my shelf. Really can't wait to pair him with MPM-4 in a few months.

img_6107g2utv.jpg

Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee arrived. Couldn't get the doors to shut in alt mode to save my ass, and his left wing is really loose in bot mode, but other than that I love him. Slick transformation, awesome detail, looks great on my shelf. Really can't wait to pair him with MPM-4 in a few months.

wow that bumblebee actually looks pretty slick, is that from takara?

This seems to be the right thread to ask:

One of my coworkers is looking to get into collecting and is looking for 1/6 scale transformers. I've given him some pointers but I know nothing about Transformers figures myself.

What is out there, where should he look and are there any figures that he should avoid due to quality etc?

Thanks in advance. :)

As far as I know, there are no actual 1/6 scale Transformers, beyond maybe some customs I've seen made in Asia out of junk metal. If a real Mac truck is 69' across in truck mode, then a 1/6 scale Optimus would be 11 1/2 feet long!

But as far as 12" figures, there is a Hot Toys Optimus inspired by the G1 cartoon that has reasonably good reviews, though he can't transform. 3A has done some from the Bay movies, though I don't know much about them--they also can't transform. Also, the original Masterpiece Optimus and Megatron figures (which could transform) were about that size.

Instead of looking for something of a certain size, it may be better to ask your friend what era of Transformers he is interested in, and then folks here could tell you the best available options in terms of modern toys. For G1, I can say without hesitation that, if you want great looking figures in high quality that do transform, the Takara Masterpiece line is the way to go, though he should stick to figures created after the reboot of the line with MP-10 (smaller Optimus).

As far as I know, there are no actual 1/6 scale Transformers, beyond maybe some customs I've seen made in Asia out of junk metal. If a real Mac truck is 69' across in truck mode, then a 1/6 scale Optimus would be 11 1/2 feet long!

But as far as 12" figures, there is a Hot Toys Optimus inspired by the G1 cartoon that has reasonably good reviews, though he can't transform. 3A has done some from the Bay movies, though I don't know much about them--they also can't transform. Also, the original Masterpiece Optimus and Megatron figures (which could transform) were about that size.

Instead of looking for something of a certain size, it may be better to ask your friend what era of Transformers he is interested in, and then folks here could tell you the best available options in terms of modern toys. For G1, I can say without hesitation that, if you want great looking figures in high quality that do transform, the Takara Masterpiece line is the way to go, though he should stick to figures created after the reboot of the line with MP-10 (smaller Optimus).

Yeah, brain fart on my part, I meant 12" figures :lol

He's mostly interested in figures from the Bay movies.

Found this and just want to share. This should have been the design for the TF movie. Much better and closer to the G1 designs.

Found this and just want to share. This should have been the design for the TF movie. Much better and closer to the G1 designs.

Most definitely. Or like the Prime1 statue designs, that would've been awesome. I'm reading the last movie didn't do very good financially, so I hope someone else does them again, but this time with less than 5% human interaction. There's so much potential, yet they keep putting out abominations.

Hopefully, Michael Bay sticks to his word that it's his last one. As I've said before, they should do the War for Cybertron storyline from the video game and start from there but use G1 designs for the robots.

This seems to be the right thread to ask:

One of my coworkers is looking to get into collecting and is looking for 1/6 scale transformers. I've given him some pointers but I know nothing about Transformers figures myself.

What is out there, where should he look and are there any figures that he should avoid due to quality etc?

Thanks in advance. :)

Easy. Tell him to get the Wei Jiang Commander Oversize AOE Evasion Optimus Prime. Metal parts and amazing paint. There are three color variations and can be picked up for $75-100 each.

13179348_516608491861778_4858156752790836415_n.jpg

It confuses me as to why the studio believes that Bee is the true star of the movie and the only TF people want to see. If anything Prime should be the first to get a solo movie.

I wouldn't even care if the stories were **** if the Transformers looked like this in them. Those designs are what I was hoping for when the movies first got announced. Instead, I got a bunch of jagged metal pieces of **** that are almost all indistinguishable from each other.

Back