ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like Apollyon. He has the proportions right where he has big lower legs and wide chest. The only gripe I have is his head sculpt which does not resemble Megatron. I hope someone can create an alternate head sculpt for him. To this day, I have never transformed him - this was another gripe from the public. For me, if they are already in robot mode in the package, I will pose them and and leave them in my display.

On another note, I just received Maketoys Downbeat (Jazz) and he is freaking awesome. I thought I wait for others to come out but this one so far looks the best.

Amazon shipped my MP36 yesterday and is already OUT of customs in Cincinnati, and on its way to me! In one day!

Wow. Insane how good they are. Best $177 I've ever paid for a figure in my collecting life.

To even think some are paying $220 for that monstrosity of a-custom-made by a very untalented bootleg maker looking- Spiderman HT figure without a single problem, but think THIS marvel of engineering is "expensive".

Lol.

@Franpincho: Paik4life posted a review and mentioned having paint rub in several places after transformation and using gun attachments. I remember you posting that you were intentionally staying away from reviews so thought you may appreciate a warning.

I own Despotron. Got him after he looked amazing in pictures. In hand though? Real disappointment. Frustrating transformation that would be perfect if the materials cooperated, proportions don't work as well as I initially thought they did, the atrocious headsculpt...I honestly regret buying him. And that was before MP36 got announced even. Now, it's just laughable how utterly outclassed he is.

Finding myself with an ever growing desire to own MP36 too. The cartoon look and flat grey don't even bother me anymore. It's just how utterly damn expressive he is. The articulation already is top notch, but the faces just make it perfect. I have never seen a figure with THIS much personality. I just wish I could get him for less than 200 bucks, ugh.

@Franpincho: Paik4life posted a review and mentioned having paint rub in several places after transformation and using gun attachments. I remember you posting that you were intentionally staying away from reviews so thought you may appreciate a warning.

Thank you very much! I'll be careful once I get it! Tolerances on this thing must be exact, me thinks.

Here is another, better comparison posted on FB, by daim, originally by user named FloatingCat

847b71fcb65a600151557169d9fda0f9.jpg

Yeah. This is a landslide win IMO.

But regardless, who here even imagined that one day we'd be choosing between 4 Megatron figures? INSANE!

The only negative is the paint on MP36. Everything else is better.

Maybe a little bit too short on the torso and slightly skinnier legs, but everything else, it is superior. Disregarding the kibble of course

I'm not sure if you're kidding or didn't really think out what you were typing. In regards to the paint though, have you watched the video review that pic is from? The paint looks surprisingly nice. It's not just a flat grey. I've been very critical of MP36 but it looks pretty darn good in the video review.

I dig the paintwork. My only quibbles still are the joints on his clavicle and the messy backside. But he still wins in the comparison shots IMO. Best Megs we're likely to ever get! . . .unless maybe Fanstoys wants to try their hand?

I think he wins in some of the comparison shots. Mostly the ones from straight on. I do see the appeal though, especially in the video. I think it also depends on what you want him for as I do not think he looks at all "right" next to MP-10 or Soundwave. Now if you want to display him with MP Shockwave or any of XTB/KFC's offerings he fits in much better.

All things transformers!!!!

Just got mine and can't believe how beautiful and perfect this thing is. I'm in awe. Just amazing.

This is Megatron. Now it's Galvatron's turn, TT!!!

Anybody needs a Sovereign for less than retail, hit me up!

No, ordered from AmazonJP.

Looking at the booklet now, seeing how many prototypes they went through and all those drawings, et cetera. I really hope TT Engineers are taking a well-deserved vacation, this is truly the pinnacle of their work.

I saw mine is out for delivery today. Pretty crazy how fast they get here. Unfortunately, since he needs a signature I probably won't get him until tomorrow.

They left it outside my door, no signature required. Tracking shows some dude named "Richard" signed for it, but I have no neighbors and know no one named Richard. It was probably the delivery guy, same thing happen with Grapple. Weird.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or didn't really think out what you were typing. In regards to the paint though, have you watched the video review that pic is from? The paint looks surprisingly nice. It's not just a flat grey. I've been very critical of MP36 but it looks pretty darn good in the video review.
So, just because you like the flat paint makes it stupid if others dont or would have preferred a similar paintjob to the others? I dont mind the flat paint, but it would have been much better if it was painted similar to MP05.

I think your the one that needs to realize that there are things that could have been done to make this figure better than it is. Paint been one of them.

So, just because you like the flat paint makes it stupid if others dont or would have preferred a similar paintjob to the others? I dont mind the flat paint, but it would have been much better if it was painted similar to MP05.

I think your the one that needs to realize that there are things that could have been done to make this figure better than it is. Paint been one of them.

I've thought about it and I don't think an MP-05 paintjob and finish would work with the new sculpt.

Someone posted this on TFW2005.

IMG_20170401_114841_146.jpg

It's a great photoshop but I prefer the original paint for this rendition of the character.

The figure is good as is. The silver paintjob as that photoshoped pic makes it a lot better FOR ME.

Just like I like Shockwave and Ultra Magnus as is. Those who dont are clearly crazy or dont think properly I guess? Is this how it is now in here?

Back