ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All things transformers!!!!

Yup. I hope they reboot the hell out of the line so that they all match the Kobayashi, cartoon accurate style. Soundwave does look out of place as well as MP10. Something tells me that TT will just do that, and I hope they do it soon.

I understand how that might suck for some, but that's what 3P is for!! Everyone wins!

No denying that for the rabid G1 cartoon lovers/Takara Tomy fanboys (all two of you), these three look outstanding as a set and will have some real presence on the shelf but does Soundwave looks the odd man out there? I suppose it does match the ropey inconsistent animation to a tee though ��

is it soundwave or shockwave? i know takara really screwed up big time w/ the colors on shockwave, but something looks way off w/ that pic scale wise... i'm thinking they also blew it w/ shockwave's height... isn't he supposed to be the same height as soundwave? i've honestly not paid that close attention to mine as i don't have him standing next to soundwave. the color pisses me off more than the height tho.

Last edited:
Re: All things transformers!!!!

Yup. I hope they reboot the hell out of the line so that they all match the Kobayashi, cartoon accurate style. Soundwave does look out of place as well as MP10. Something tells me that TT will just do that, and I hope they do it soon.

I understand how that might suck for some, but that's what 3P is for!! Everyone wins!

If they reboot,there is no way I can go back a recollect the same figures over again.I am going to have to be happy with the current characters I have.Too much money to spend on rebuying things

Re: All things transformers!!!!

If they reboot,there is no way I can go back a recollect the same figures over again.I am going to have to be happy with the current characters I have.Too much money to spend on rebuying things

Well, you wouldn't have to. The existing, pre-cartoon accurate figures are an amazing line if what you want is that mix of toon, toy, etc. Going forward though, your only option would be 3P, which would suck if you are an official only collector, but that's not your case.

And amazonJP charged me for MP 36 today! Next week is going to be amazing!!!! I don't remember feeling this way about a toy ever since MP 01 was announced!

Last edited:

The figure that first drew me into the MP line was Soundwave and he's still one of my favourites. I don't know if I'd have started collecting if the line began as it is now, figures like Shockwave look awful to me and is the weakest of the three MP style Shockwaves available. Speaking of which, I always really liked Quakeblast but couldn't justify double-dipping on the character as I already have Quakewave. But the upcoming grey version has finally given me justification to pick up the mold :yess:

17635268_1811696162482768_5778950437522133707_o.jpg

As Franpincho said, I'm just relieved that 3P are there to cater to customers like me.

Amazon Japan also charged me and shipped Megatron last night! And he'll be here Tuesday :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I did not expect it to happen so quickly at the beginning of the month. Total for me shipped was $177 and change USD .

is it soundwave or shockwave? i know takara really screwed up big time w/ the colors on shockwave, but something looks way off w/ that pic scale wise... i'm thinking they also blew it w/ shockwave's height... isn't he supposed to be the same height as soundwave? i've honestly not paid that close attention to mine as i don't have him standing next to soundwave. the color pisses me off more than the height tho.

No meant Soundwave; i think its the more detailed and metalic look that doesn't match this cartoony look theyre now going for.
I see what you mean about Shockwave though, he does look short but not bad to ruin the figure imo. Its that cheap look of megs and Shockwave that offends me!

Im thrilled so many of you like MP Megs. I personally dont like it, or any of the recent MP figures, but thats just me.

I am finding the latest batch of MPs are much simpler. I will admit that Megatron is growing on me though. At first, it was the diaper waist and non-metallic paint that bothered me, but both those things look to be less bad in the recent batch of pics. The price tag for this guy is pretty heavy though. I mean, I know it's a much more complicated transformation, but Fans Toys Skyfire is cheaper and way way bigger. And 3rd party figs are typically more expensive than Takara.

All things transformers!!!!

"Pick your poison"

fc525136176d6cd255ad0b950497a9bf.jpg

God, I LOVE MP36.

And based on this pic, I really think despotron is the worst offender IMO.

*Pic shared by daimchoc on FB, photographer's name is watermarked on pic.

Last edited:
I think he looks plasticky and has kibble. For me, the entire MP line has been hit or miss. Some are great looking, others look too basic, too much of a plastic look, not enough detail on some. Ultra Magnus for example is like a two-face, some photographers can make him look amazing, but other photos he looks blocky and boring with no detail. Shockwave is another great example. MP to me is just a terrible design whereas Quakewave is far superior. Just my opinion. I stop collecting the main TF line after Armada because everything was too basic and blocky, like playskool figures.

It's nice to see them all lined up together to help compare, although it is worth noting that Mightron isn't transformed properly.

EDIT: @Megaprime. I'd gotten used to the weird proportions on MP Ultra Magnus but seeing it next to FT Skyfire really highlights where it's lacking.

Skyfire is another one that's blocky and no detail. I understand it's based on the cartoon, but if we're expected to pay so much for these figures, I want and expect more.

I think he looks plasticky and has kibble. For me, the entire MP line has been hit or miss. Some are great looking, others look too basic, too much of a plastic look, not enough detail on some. Ultra Magnus for example is like a two-face, some photographers can make him look amazing, but other photos he looks blocky and boring with no detail. Shockwave is another great example. MP to me is just a terrible design whereas Quakewave is far superior. Just my opinion. I stop collecting the main TF line after Armada because everything was too basic and blocky, like playskool figures.

I get that, some people are just really good at posing their figures. Some of the pics I take are great and others look boring. But MP-36 Megatron looks leaps and bounds better than MP-05.

Back