ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soundwave,
I wouldn't feel too bad, I think you've still got a kickass version of Inferno and there really isn't a lot to choose between that and the MMC effort in terms of quality, it's awesome that the options for the character ( and Grapple ) are so good.

My original run Badcube Huffer has had to be retired to alt mode as the paint finally started flaking on the chest and thighs and his hip joints aren't too good any more. Bring on the reissue which Badcube have said will be sometime this year.

Was in my local B&M Bargains today and saw Generations Roadbuster for £12.99 so I decided to give it a go. Not the greatest figure in the world but decent enough for what I paid for it and it looks good with my other Wreckers.

It's ok man I'm feeling he is more than perfect for me now.
The more I look at MMC version he looks nice but I'm not feeling the face & also I do think he looks a bit too slim now compared to the Make Toys so I'll be sticking with him...I think ;)

Sorry to hear about Huffer that doesn't sound good.
I hope they get the re-release out soon, I'd love to add him to the collection myself.

Nice price on Roadbuster.
My local Toys R Us have him for £12.50 as well & I've been tempted to pick him up to go with my Top Spin & Twin Twist & build a mini wreckers crew.

Nice inferno shots!

Here's my salus and ironhide. I modded both figures and now I think they look great together!

Thanks man I'm pretty poor at taking shots but I actually quite like them this time.

Loving the Ironhide & Ratchet pics they look great & even being from different companies they look perfect together.

I was very tempted to order the Make Toys Inferno a few times, but am glad I didn't at this point. I like the MMC version's look a lot more, as he looks more slender and cartoon accurate to my eyes. And at $100, you can't beat it. Now that I've got both an MMC figure (Sphinx), and a Make Toys one (Gun Dog), both are a very good quality. But I would give the edge to Make Toys based on my respective sample sizes of 1.

Like Corsair says, though, the Make Toys Inferno does still look good. But honestly, if I had bought him, I would be looking to sell ASAP.

I'm a little gutted by the extra premium for Make Toys one but all in all I'm feeling happier with him now that I've had more time to study the MMC pictures I just feel he's more of how I like the character to look & the MMC one just seems a little underwhelming now.
Not that he's bad in anyway just not feeling him really the more I see him.

Neil

It's ok man I'm feeling he is more than perfect for me now.
The more I look at MMC version he looks nice but I'm not feeling the face & also I do think he looks a bit too slim now compared to the Make Toys so I'll be sticking with him...I think ;)

Sorry to hear about Huffer that doesn't sound good.
I hope they get the re-release out soon, I'd love to add him to the collection myself.

Nice price on Roadbuster.
My local Toys R Us have him for £12.50 as well & I've been tempted to pick him up to go with my Top Spin & Twin Twist & build a mini wreckers crew.

Neil

The thing with Inferno is if you do decide to change at some point there'll be someone out there who prefers the Make Toys figure so there'll still be a chance to get your money back.

Here's a couple of additional pics of the MMC one,

The hand/nozzle changes without partsforming and is apparently on both arms,

Some nice detailing on the diecast panels,

I also like that the cab doors open and can fit any of the MP scale human figures inside.

Compared to a lot of people I think I got lucky with my Badcube Huffer as I've had it almost since the initial release and the paint has only started flaking off in noticeable amounts in the last week or two, good thing those parts aren't seen in truck cab mode so it's just a matter of waiting for the rerelease announcement....Badcube have hinted their next reveal will be after Chinese New Year.

If you get Roadbuster don't do what I did and assume it's got thigh swivels as I broke my first one but I managed to convince the store it wasn't my fault and was able to get a replacement...Phew!

That's the nice thing about so many 3rd party options now--something for everyone! :duff

Agree on this, for me, its not who makes the transformers- its how close the toy appearance are with the cartoons

hasbro -should wake up do what takara does with the MP line
takara -should lower ,really lower their prices
third parties -keep on doing the improvements and characters to fill in the ranks
KO are alternatives and like MP10 have done improvements
Oversized TF - keep doing them! show hasbro its possible to make combiners bigger and with diecast like MPP10

my oversized Predaking will be home this weekend, I really wish jinbao and wei jang will do Devastator
- its big, articulate and cost less -these guys shows that its possible to do a giant toy that does not cost too much.

yeah its pretty easy. it becomes some parts forming but i don't care... absolutely hate the look of the stupid hip panels... and doing this also fills in that big void you see on his sides/back. you basically unscrew few screws on his butt, pull out the panels and unscrew the post on the panels. then switch the sides they go on. you tab the wheel section on in the back and now the panels are up and cleans it up a bunch. you have to reverse to transform, but i keep my stuff in bot mode so it doesn't bug me.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Agree on this, for me, its not who makes the transformers- its how close the toy appearance are with the cartoons

hasbro -should wake up do what takara does with the MP line
takara -should lower ,really lower their prices
third parties -keep on doing the improvements and characters to fill in the ranks
KO are alternatives and like MP10 have done improvements
Oversized TF - keep doing them! show hasbro its possible to make combiners bigger and with diecast like MPP10

my oversized Predaking will be home this weekend, I really wish jinbao and wei jang will do Devastator
- its big, articulate and cost less -these guys shows that its possible to do a giant toy that does not cost too much.

Hasbro = Will never embrace the collector market in any meaningful way, it's just not in their DNA.

Takara = If they put Shogo Hasui back in charge of the Masterpiece design team and improved the build quality so their stuff is comparable with the better 3rd parties I'd perhaps give a **** again.

3rd parties = FT, Badcube, MMC and Make Toys can carry on as they are. XTransbots/KFC need a more competent factory. The rest are playing catchup.

KO's = Not something I buy a lot of but I don't have any issue with them, KO's saved me buying Soundblaster just for Ratbat and I've also considered going this route for Exhaust as I only really want the Immobilizer accessory for Wheeljack.

Oversized KO's = Had FT's Grimlock prototype not impressed, I would have considered getting the 2nd version of the oversized MP08 that's coming out but that's about it. They appear to be a nice option, just not something I've any real intrest in.

That's the nice thing about so many 3rd party options now--something for everyone! :duff

Definitely & I think this is the first real figure where there are more than 1 or 2 options, he seems to have one from every major 3P...I never realised he was so popular ;) lol

The thing with Inferno is if you do decide to change at some point there'll be someone out there who prefers the Make Toys figure so there'll still be a chance to get your money back.

Here's a couple of additional pics of the MMC one,

The hand/nozzle changes without partsforming and is apparently on both arms,

Some nice detailing on the diecast panels,

I also like that the cab doors open and can fit any of the MP scale human figures inside.

Compared to a lot of people I think I got lucky with my Badcube Huffer as I've had it almost since the initial release and the paint has only started flaking off in noticeable amounts in the last week or two, good thing those parts aren't seen in truck cab mode so it's just a matter of waiting for the rerelease announcement....Badcube have hinted their next reveal will be after Chinese New Year.

If you get Roadbuster don't do what I did and assume it's got thigh swivels as I broke my first one but I managed to convince the store it wasn't my fault and was able to get a replacement...Phew!

Yeah I think I'll wait to see how they all appear in hand & then see if either of them offer a better option than Make Toys but at the moment I'm more than happy.

That's pretty clever on the part of MMC & the Diecast feet look impressive.

I think I might get Roadbuster if they still have him, would be nice to do something with the wreckers I already have...might even look for Whirl if I can find him.
Although I'm sure I will need Impactor & Springer as well...bums, this isn't going to stop is it??

In other Transformers stuff I was going through one of my comic boxes & found these which I'd forgotten I had...

Pretty sure I went through the Ark book before on here but the Unofficial Collectors Guides I'm not convinced ;)

They are basically just great collectors guides with mostly complete details, pictures & specs of all the G1 Toys, Comics, cartoons & collectibles (I say mostly complete because I noticed that volume 1 is missing Reflector at least)

Each volume focuses on a specific time line in the toy era...they did continue on for more volumes (Including Beast Wars) but I only got the first 3 when they were released (around 10 years ago)

Here's some pics & if you want more or any in particular just let me know (same goes for the Ark book)

Neil

Those books are sweet. I was familiar with the Ark, as I have the GI Joe equivalent. I want it, but haven't seen one available for a reasonable price. I wasn't aware of there being a book on the toys and other collectibles, as well. Looks great.

soundwave,
If you did go for a small Wreckers lineup then Generations Springer & Whirl are worth tracking down and I don't often say that about Hasbro stuff :lol

MMC's Impactor was in my top 3 figures of last year, the alt mode is a tad silly looking but I like the nod to the Metal Slug videogames and it's not as if Impactor's alt mode is prominent in any continuity in which he appeared and the robot mode is fantastic. For a non MP, Voyager Class figure it also feels very solid and sturdy, there's no hollow parts or other obvious cost cutting measures and the joints are all nice and tight, there's just one slight design flaw that causes the elbow pads to pop off if you pose the arms a certain way but they go back on easy enough.

Those books look intresting, if you're up for posting some more pics then go for it! :clap

There is something awesome about pristine pictures of G1 toys. Brings back some good memories.

Just got billed by Hobbylink Japan for Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus an hour ago. This is my first order direct from Japan so it'll be interesting to see how long the process takes and if everything goes smoothly.

Those books are sweet. I was familiar with the Ark, as I have the GI Joe equivalent. I want it, but haven't seen one available for a reasonable price. I wasn't aware of there being a book on the toys and other collectibles, as well. Looks great.

Thanks man :)

Ooooh never knew there was a GI Joe version...do you have any details?
Might have to try & track one down if I can.

Yeah the unofficial guides were a little of a surprise to me as well when I saw them in my LCS all those years ago & snapped them up :)
Really happy I found them again :)

soundwave,
If you did go for a small Wreckers lineup then Generations Springer & Whirl are worth tracking down and I don't often say that about Hasbro stuff :lol

MMC's Impactor was in my top 3 figures of last year, the alt mode is a tad silly looking but I like the nod to the Metal Slug videogames and it's not as if Impactor's alt mode is prominent in any continuity in which he appeared and the robot mode is fantastic. For a non MP, Voyager Class figure it also feels very solid and sturdy, there's no hollow parts or other obvious cost cutting measures and the joints are all nice and tight, there's just one slight design flaw that causes the elbow pads to pop off if you pose the arms a certain way but they go back on easy enough.

Those books look intresting, if you're up for posting some more pics then go for it! :clap

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll see if I can find them...I do know what you mean I normally don't entertain Hasbro's output at all these days.

I've been looking at Impactor & he does look awesome, might need to investigate a bit closer me thinks.

Well I took a heap more pictures today...around 50 :horror so I'll get them posted over the next few days :)

Those books are gems!

In other news I had my shipping notice today from Kapow that Hot Rod 2.0 has shipped :yess:
Should be here after the weekend now.

And lastly I tided the garage yesterday with my Dad & these were hiding in a corner...

Forgot I'd kept them :slap

Neil

Hasbro = Will never embrace the collector market in any meaningful way, it's just not in their DNA.

Fun bit of info, at a recent investor presentation, hasbro said that collectors make up about 30% of the market, and they are starting to caiter to them.

there was even a slide about it during the presentation :D

The GI Joe books are called "GI Joe Field Manual." Unlike the Transformers versions, they won't cost you an arm and a leg.

G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 1 (GI Joe Field Manual SC): Jim Sorenson, William Forster, Various: 9781613773505: Amazon.com: Books

G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 2: Jim Sorenson, William Forster, The Sharp Brothers: 9781613775486: Amazon.com: Books

Fun bit of info, at a recent investor presentation, hasbro said that collectors make up about 30% of the market, and they are starting to caiter to them.

there was even a slide about it during the presentation :D
Given that they've been releasing (or re-releasing) MP figures, which don't appeal to kids due to cost, there is certainly an arm of Hasbro that is interested in collectors.

Back