ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@kajobaldisimo
Where did you buy the MPP10 for $60? Am looking for one but all I see are priced beyond $100.

Masterpiece Ramjet is $179.99 at BBTS.

Ordered two. Will wait and see if anybody will carry him for cheaper but doubt it.

Thanks for the heads up!

That hound doesn't look all that great compared to previous FT releases IMO. The green is wrong and what is up with that UGLY face? Looks like he had some sort of lip implants.

Maybe it's just me, but that HS somehow kills an otherwise great looking robot (color is wrong too, but that's easily fixable by FT).

FT Hound looks beautiful. And the cartoon deco, as I figured. I just had the toy colored Maketoys version shipped on Friday, so now I'll have the best of both worlds :rock

Kind of weird that, for an official pic, they would include a shot of a different company's 3rd party outing. It's suggestive that they won't be doing a Mirage themselves.

I drank the Takara Kool Aid for far too long, assuming the quality of "official" products were better than 3rd party endeavors. But most recently I have gotten several 3rd party figures, namely Generation Toy's Mixmaster and Scrapper, Fanstoys' Bombshell, and Gigapower's Snarl. If anyone thinks that Takara quality is better than these guys, they too are drinking the Kool Aid. The build quality, paint and heft alone of these 4 figures are outstanding and quite honesty beat out every single official release I have. Further, the customer service of both Generation Toy and Gigapower are amazing - they respond to all inquiries on their Facebook page within hours, they release extra pieces (for free) to fix any issues from a previous release... Ofcourse there are 3rd party figures that aren't so good, but these are truly Masterpieces.

I'll try to take pics next weekend of all these figs, but call me impressed. I'd say Snarl and Bombshell are my favorite TFs I own now, and that includes me having MP-10, Soundwave, Prowl, Bumblebee, etc... They actually make the Masterpiece figures look like cheap toys (and the Masterpiece figures are amazing in their own right).
Yeah, the couple of Fans Toys figures I have are on par with the Takara guys.

FT Hound looks beautiful. And the cartoon deco, as I figured. I just had the toy colored Maketoys version shipped on Friday, so now I'll have the best of both worlds :rock

Kind of weird that, for an official pic, they would include a shot of a different company's 3rd party outing. It's suggestive that they won't be doing a Mirage themselves

Not a bad way to do it, let us know how Gun Dog is when it arrives.

If that's the only color scheme FT are doing I'm OK with it but they announced some of their other variants after the initial reveal so I'm not going to jump on a pre-order until it gets closer to shipping.

An FT Mirage really isn't needed, Trailbreaker/Hoist, Cliffjumper, Ironhide/Ratchet & Jazz on the other hand....

I'm with you that the others should come first, but. . .based on the reviews I've seen so far, that Mirage could still be improved, both in terms of aesthetics and quality. I'll have him soon as well, and will be able to judge for myself of course, but I'm a believer in Fans Toys so far.

I'm getting Gun Dog for Christmas, but will try to post my thoughts once I can open and play wi. . .er, pose him.

Ordered two. Will wait and see if anybody will carry him for cheaper but doubt it.

Thanks for the heads up!

That hound doesn't look all that great compared to previous FT releases IMO. The green is wrong and what is up with that UGLY face? Looks like he had some sort of lip implants.

Maybe it's just me, but that HS somehow kills an otherwise great looking robot (color is wrong too, but that's easily fixable by FT).

captured prey will be cheaper

Ravage is the first in a new line MMC are doing where the tape mode will be 1:1 scale.

Obviously they won't fit in MP Soundwave but it'll allow for bigger, more articulated versions of those characters in robot mode, they'll be around the size they were in the Marvel G1 comics.

Damn, this guys looks Fantastic! No gaps or weird proportions, diecast, chrome and rubber tires. All with FT's build quality. The only problem I can see with this guy is that he might put all the other carbots to shame !

This Ravage is the first in a new line MMC are doing where the tape mode will be 1:1 scale.

Obviously they won't fit in MP Soundwave but it'll allow for bigger, more articulated versions of those characters that in most cases will make them around the size they were in the Marvel G1 comics.

My second fave Decepticon finally in a scale closer to the comic and they changed the eyes to red. Doing happy dance right now :blissy

Bob

I really hope the price on that Ravage is decent. I'd like to get it, but not enough to pay silly prices.

The talk in the thread at TFW seems to be indicating a pricetag of $60.

If that translates to a UK price of around £40, as it should do, then I'll be fine with it.

A Ravage with that awesome jaguar mode and more articulation than his figures usually get will be a lot of fun to mess around with and if MMC put the diecast in the legs like the G1 toy it'll be nice and stable as well.

$60 with diecast in the legs is very doable for me as long as the fit and finish is good (which MMC almost always is). Hope that price is correct (although $50 would be even sweeter).

$60 with diecast in the legs is very doable for me as long as the fit and finish is good (which MMC almost always is). Hope that price is correct (although $50 would be even sweeter).

Online reviewer Paik4Life handled the Ravage prototype at the show where the initial pics were taken and he confirmed the diecast is in all 4 lower legs just like on G1 Ravage.

He also said a few tolerances needed tweaking for the final version but that it was MMC's usual quality.

Back