ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just starting so it's a little overwhelming trying to figure out where to start and what to buy/not buy. The other night I did order/pre-order MP Optimus, Wheeljack, Tracks, Ultra Magnus, Shockwave, and Hot Rod from HLJ, and Bluestreak and Ratchet from AE. Not having anything shipped until they're all in-stock so now I'm trying to decide what to track down in the meantime. Also trying to decide whether to go with Fans Toys or Gigapower for my Dinobot needs.

Yeah tough choices but it's good to have so much variety :)
As for the Dinobots, I've decided to mix and match; I've opted for the figures that look closer to what I remember or believe the Dinos look/should look like. I suppose that logic extends to the other TFs I pick too.
Good luck!

I'm sure Takara will nail it.

I'm waiting.

I don't know, man. Did they nail Ironhide/Ratchet? ;)

Takara does great work, no doubt. Shockwave looks terrific, for example... but I think the days of assuming they'll make the *best* version of any given character are over. For now, anyway. :)

Takara does great work, no doubt. Shockwave looks terrific, for example... but I think the days of assuming they'll make the *best* version of any given character are over. For now, anyway. :)

Takara did great work, then they exiled their best designer to Combiner Wars and RID and the resulting drop in quality has resulted in the official MP line going from my top priority to one I'm pretty much done with.

Looking at some of the articulation missing on Ultra Magnus and Tracks it appears as if Takara are taking a leaf out of Hasbro's book and doing whatever they can to save a buck or two which is somewhat understandable on the kiddie lines, but not as acceptable on a line aimed at older collectors, particularly when a few 3rd parties are already doing figures that are better quality than anything Takara is currently putting out.

I'm keeping my pre-order for Asia Exclusive Thundercracker as it's too late to cancel but Takara's 2016 lineup doesn't have a single figure of intrest to me.

You know, you can go ahead and call me blind, or any adjective that you might find useful - I'm truly cool with that! :)- but I seriously don't see anything drastically wrong with either IH or Ratchet. They are not UM perfect to me (I love my UM) but show me a better representation of the characters made thus far? There's none IMO.

I've decided I'm passing on everything 3P unless it's for GIGA's Dinos. If the rumors are true, TT will start putting MP's at a faster rate, so that means even obscure characters will be made IMO. I buy Doubles of everything, so price is a factor. I paid $55 for my TT HR, and I'm sure the FT one (as nice as the 3D render looks) it really doesn't look much better than TT's and the fake chest thingy sorta bugs me and He will likely be way more than that.

It's really all about personal preferences and $$$.

Looks like KFC are finally doing a toy/cartoon colored version of their Blaster,

Some improvements to the hip joints were made for the Twincast repaint and without the metallic paint there'll be even less concerns about QC issues so I might give it a go as FT's Blaster seems to be forever getting pushed back in favor of other stuff.

Looks like KFC are finally doing a toy/cartoon colored version of their Blaster,

Some improvements to the hip joints were made for the Twincast repaint and without the metallic paint there'll be even less concerns about QC issues so I might give it a go as FT's Blaster seems to be forever getting pushed back in favor of other stuff.

Awesome. So this'll be regular plastic and not shiny? That really was the only thing that held me back from picking one up originally.

Found some new Hasbro transformers today.... man... I used to like those things. I own quite a few of them too. Now they are just complete crap. Outside of that Megatron Leader class and Devastator... not many good releases this year for me.

Found some new Hasbro transformers today.... man... I used to like those things. I own quite a few of them too. Now they are just complete crap. Outside of that Megatron Leader class and Devastator... not many good releases this year for me.

I haven't liked any line of TFs, main line or otherwise, since Armada. The figures have been dumb down to accommodate a younger crowd, or at least that's what I get from it. Thankfully the MP line exists.

Got another package from Kapow Toys this morning with some more MMC goodies inside.

Another Mirage for my alt mode shelf

Impactor

The figure is nice and chunky, the robot mode looks very close to his appearance in IDW's "Last Stand Of The Wreckers" and the alt mode has been redesigned to homage the tank from the Metal Slug videogame series.

It's a bit odd having a character like Impactor turn into a tank with somewhat Chibified proportions but it has more character than the bland Cybertronian tank mode that the never released iGear version had which I think was taken from some of the IDW art.

Plastic quality is great, the figure is nicely articulated and looks great with the other Wreckers in my collection. I haven't actually transformed it yet as the robot mode is so awesome, it's amazing to finally have an Impactor figure after first discovering the character in the UK Marvel comics :yess:

The one slightly annoying thing is that part of the tank mode kibble on the elbows pops off very easily but better that than it breaking and it doesn't affect the overall look so I'll probably just leave them off.

Anyone here own any of the Takasa Tony knock offs? Since I'm getting into this stuff so late I think I might go that route for most of the cars like Bumblebee, Prowl, Red Alert, etc. I'd feel a lot better about paying around $200 each for Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp if I got those other guys for around $35 each as opposed to $80.

I own 2 of the KO Sideswipe mould. Joints on one are pretty loose in the legs, the other one has a little bit of paint slop in various places and the top of the head doesn't quite sit properly for either figure. They're good for the price if you don't mind some flaws but I'll probably end up replacing mine with the real thing eventually. Just waiting for the inevitable reissue.

The only KO I have is Ratbat, and the quality is decent enough.

I have also considered getting a KO of Exhaust as I only really want the Wheeljack gadget that comes with it.

Received Andras today, This figure is really nicely engineered. Besides trying to get the feet was kinda a pain in the arse to get out. Targetmaster is a not bad. I am gonna add some mini decepticon symbols to Rim fire when i locate the sticker sheet.

For those who dug Last Stand of the Wreckers, the sequel, Sins of the Wreckers, had it's first issue released today, and it's off to a rocking start. Definitely worth checking out.

Anyone here own any of the Takasa Tony knock offs? Since I'm getting into this stuff so late I think I might go that route for most of the cars like Bumblebee, Prowl, Red Alert, etc. I'd feel a lot better about paying around $200 each for Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp if I got those other guys for around $35 each as opposed to $80.

Please note the original Masterpiece KO's didnt say TAKASA TONY (Which I think is so funny they swapped a couple letters around). They started the Takasa Tony with Bumblebee and then Wheeljack to current. Everything before Bee will have a Box that says Takara Tomy and even hologram on bottom.

I have an original set of KO's that I use to display in "car" mode. The Paint on all mine in some respect look Better than my real MPs. I even bought the Gold Lambor which is a gold G2 Sideswipe. So funny, but so cool actually. Anyway I bought mine when they first came out about 2 years ago. Since they keep producing them, I don't know if the molds suffer and joint tolerances may not be as tight as the earlier runs.

I keep telling myself to just sell them, but its so cool to have them in Alt mode and robot mode at the same time. You can get good deals on the Real Takara MPs they pop up here and there. Right now BBTS has Streak, and Smokescreen for 60.00 each. I have seen Prowl MISB on Ebay for 60 shipped BIN. So you can get all the real ones, but they will most likely cost you double the price. Please note that official MP cars are not perfect at least when it comes to paint. Masterpiece is just the name of the line. Even though I don't own any 3rd party , I would take 3rd party paint over MP in some cases.

Good luck and happy collecting :hi5:

I'm thinking about pre ordering the new MP-29 Shockwave. Do you guys think the MP is the best way to go, or is there a better 3rd party offering out there? Haven't picked up an MP in some time, just wanted to guage people's response since I've heard Takara quality may not be as strong as in the past. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

KFC Blaster in toy/cartoon colors is now confirmed,

I haven't found the exact post at TFW yet but Fans Toys rep dalianj has apparently hinted that a Triple Changer is in their plans.

Could it be a Blitzwing or Astrotrain to make the others obsolete? I hope so.

Having said that it might end up being Springer if they're going to continue with '86 characters.

Ra88,
I saw reference to that new Wreckers story coming out, it's just that reading the early TPB's of More Than Meets The Eye put me off IDW to such a degree that I'm not sure I want to try again.

Some of the things they've done in that and other series make Bay's characterisations look like the work of someone who respects the franchise.

King Grimlock,
It depends what you want most.

If it's cartoon accuracy then the official one is better albeit with a build quality that'll feel a bit cheap & lightweight next to the better 3rd party figures....all Takara MP figures feel like that next to stuff from Fans Toys.

If you want a Shockwave that's not got the awkward proportions of the cartoon and that feels much more like a high end collectible then Fans Toys Quakewave is the better option.

Thanks for the info, I do prefer the cartoon look best. I've actually taken my entire MP collection and had them customized with G1 cartoon paint look. I also had others non MPs in my collection repainted with G1 colors to match the 80s cartoon (devastator, bruticus, death of starscream, starscream coorination, grimlock, etc.). I'm still waiting to receieve a few more of them, but when I do I'll be sure to post some pictures. I sold my fantoys shockwave earlier this year, now I'm wishing maybe I shouldn't of. Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back