ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there other pics? Because that one makes him look pretty... I dunno, uninspired and G1 brick-ish.

Just doesn't really inspire me with much confidence that this is going to be a must-have. Plus, as Corsair mentioned, if this is an untested third party company... yeah, not gonna risk a dud, in terms of build, QC, etc...

apparently the person producing this is a member in this very forum

It is suppose to be "Masterpiece" Quality casted in ABS plastic and diecast metal.It's suppose to be an almost exact replica transformer of Skyfire from the G1 cartoon

apparently the person producing this is a member in this very forum

It is suppose to be "Masterpiece" Quality casted in ABS plastic and diecast metal.It's suppose to be an almost exact replica transformer of Skyfire from the G1 cartoon

Hmm, well I feel kind of bad now.

I'd like to see some better pics, though.

Just been looking on Ebay to finally grab myself a Red Alert & cam across a seller that has what looks like another 3rd party Gears in the form of SXS R-01 nicknamed Continuously variable??? (don't ask...makes zero sense to me)

Looks slightly bigger in both modes than Igears version & does appear to fit well with MP10 from the shots but just something not quite right with it all...

725a9e8dgw1e6mag0hk6bj20br46mqmf.jpg

I won't be having one just found it a bit of a curiosity to be honest.

Neil

Just been looking on Ebay to finally grab myself a Red Alert & cam across a seller that has what looks like another 3rd party Gears in the form of SXS R-01 nicknamed Continuously variable??? (don't ask...makes zero sense to me)

Looks slightly bigger in both modes than Igears version & does appear to fit well with MP10 from the shots but just something not quite right with it all...

725a9e8dgw1e6mag0hk6bj20br46mqmf.jpg

I won't be having one just found it a bit of a curiosity to be honest.

Neil

This seems like a bad move on their part. iGear's version has more accurate proportions in both modes, and is still fairly inexpensive... Assuming this is $80+, not to mention the seemingly increasing likelihood that Takara might do anyone from Season 1/Ark crew...who would actually buy this?

That other Gears looks too Classics-ish to properly work with Masterpieces.

If MP Bumblebee happens it'll inevitably sell very well and over time I think we'll see Takara do the other series 1 Minibots plus their repaints as they'll only require minimal retooling.

I'm sure this has been discussed but we have a price of the Ultimetal Optimus Prime. It's going to be around $800 :thud:

What do you guys think? It's beautiful and huge but that price :panic:

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformer...rs-ultimetal-optimus-prime-new-images-178665/

Edit: BBTS have it up for $950 :thud::thud::thud:

The detailing is impressive, if this were transformable I think it would be the grail Optimus, but as is, it just seems to be a missed opportunity.

Don't feel bad, everyone was thinking it. If it is a freak, I'd proabbly get it just to support the community if it looked decent, but I'd rather see someone do something that fit the Masterpiece line tbh.

That other Gears looks too Classics-ish to properly work with Masterpieces.

And this doesn't?

It's too big, the proportions and details are way too slender (i.e. too much like Sideswipe, not enough like a Minibot), he's got an "updated" alt mode, non-chibified, headsculpt is wrong, kibble all over his arms and back...

I don't disagree with you that the iGear one isn't up to MP standards, but it's better than this. Was there really demand for this?

I just don't understand why third party companies seem to do the same characters, especially when there's a better than average chance that said character might be done officially.

If MP Bumblebee happens it'll inevitably sell very well and over time I think we'll see Takara do the other series 1 Minibots plus their repaints as they'll only require minimal retooling.

Yeah, I hope so. Two-packs might be a good way to do it...

The only issue there is mp bumblebee looks like it will sell for around $80. Can't see 2 packs at that price, can see a possible retooling for a cliffjumper though

Sorry if someone posted this before. This is the first time i heard of this reissue for the pre order at Toys R Us. Hasbro is re reissuing the G1 Predaking for $149 cdn.

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=28391916

Sheesh, another Predaking reissue?

Not a terrible price though. I might buy it... or maybe just wait for an inevitable 30/40% off Transformers sale. :)

I had the original Takara reissue from way back (pre-Encore) but never got around to opening it. Ended up selling it for something like $400 before it was reissued again, and again...

The only issue there is mp bumblebee looks like it will sell for around $80. Can't see 2 packs at that price, can see a possible retooling for a cliffjumper though

I CAN see 2-packs at 90, OR considering the scale guide and Bee's smaller size, 60$.

27287363d1332778926-masterpiece-12-sideswipe-tfcartoonscaleguideic1.jpg

do know that BBTS GUESSES on prices, and adjusts them later.

Sheesh, another Predaking reissue?

Not a terrible price though. I might buy it... or maybe just wait for an inevitable 30/40% off Transformers sale. :)

I had the original Takara reissue from way back (pre-Encore) but never got around to opening it. Ended up selling it for something like $400 before it was reissued again, and again...

passing on the G1 predaking. I LOVE Mastermind creations one, it's BASICLY a masterpice figure. Tantram, for example, is just as big as Sideswipe, and the other cars. ( or, as this picture shows, Classics Voyagers)
maxresdefault.jpg

JUST Razorclaw Is ALLMOST as big as MP10.

27397733d1381908971-mmc-feral-rex-mega-thread-imag1460.jpg

And this doesn't?

It's too big, the proportions and details are way too slender (i.e. too much like Sideswipe, not enough like a Minibot), he's got an "updated" alt mode, non-chibified, headsculpt is wrong, kibble all over his arms and back...

I don't disagree with you that the iGear one isn't up to MP standards, but it's better than this. Was there really demand for this?

I just don't understand why third party companies seem to do the same characters, especially when there's a better than average chance that said character might be done officially.

Yeah, I hope so. Two-packs might be a good way to do it...

I'm talking about that one although how I worded things may not have made that clear so my bad for that.

If I remember rightly images of a prototype first appeared before iGear even debuted theirs, it's not a new announcement.

I agree on the 3rd parties habit of copying similar characters to their competitors being a bit silly.

Look how many Predakings there are....it's great if you're a fan of the character but if you couldn't care less then you end up wondering what could have been made instead.

I'm talking about that one although how I worded things may not have made that clear so my bad for that.

If I remember rightly images of a prototype first appeared before iGear even debuted theirs, it's not a new announcement.

I agree on the 3rd parties habit of copying similar characters to their competitors being a bit silly.

Look how many Predakings there are....it's great if you're a fan of the character but if you couldn't care less then you end up wondering what could have been made instead.

Oh, I see what you mean, now. :)

Well you don't have to feel bad at all , if you don't like it , is your personal opinion and I understand that , I tried to make him as close as the cartoon as possible , the prototype should be here on the 15th and the first factory samples on the middle of December

Hard to tell too much about that Skyfire/Jetfire with the simple and low res. pics we've seen so far. I'm not a big 3rd party guy, but I am curious to see how this turns out.

Well you don't have to feel bad at all , if you don't like it , is your personal opinion and I understand that , I tried to make him as close as the cartoon as possible , the prototype should be here on the 15th and the first factory samples on the middle of December

Well I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm sure it was just the pics - I'm very interested in seeing what kind of poses you can get out of it.

Good luck! :)

Back