ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's behind the warbotron/Bruticus figure? Looks superb. Between Predaking, Bruticus and Menasor, they were easily my favorite combines.

I got the Dr Wu Rainstorm set today!

The minigun has a couple of tabs on one of the handles that break very easily which reminded me of what DPrime said about the quality of the plastic that Dr Wu used although in fairness the two tabs were so small that I think there would have a been a risk of breakage no matter what kind of plastic was used.

Fortunately the two tabs not being there doesn't make any difference to how the two sections of the handle come together when the figure is holding it.

Last edited:
lol, who is that raccoon guy? :)

Rocket Raccoon, who will be making his big screen debut next year as one of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

He's an angry little dude with a penchant for BIG guns....he'd likely get along very well with Cliffjumper.

I was inspired by the character's use of a minigun in the ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 videogame and thought I'd see if the Dr Wu minigun would fit in the hands of the Marvel Legends figure.

It works really nicely, so I may have to get another set so Springer can have one :lol

Found some bad paint on one of my Prowl,someone left me a fingerprint:). Captured Prey said to go ahead and return him for a replacement so thats good news.

Also for those interested a shot of the box that Bluescreen comes in from the factory

lol, who is that raccoon guy? :)

RocketRaccoon.jpg

Also for those interested a shot of the box that Bluescreen comes in from the factory

hmm.. now THAT is interesting....

Here's my quick review on another repaint, MP-12T Tigertrack. Man I wish I hadnt ordered the three Nissan's together from RK! Still waiting on those ones!!

[ame]https://youtu.be/Ukbt5PhpW3g[/ame]

After seeing reviews saying that KOs were as good as the originals, I got my first KO in the mail today...lets just say it'll be the last. :lol

Because. . .you just felt incredible guilt over buying KOs, even though they are equal in quality to the legit ones?

I had a pretty crappy reply, but it was probably mostly my still being ******** over this model, so I'll rephrase for you Captain ***umption;

This has a paint globe running onto the window, paint overspray on both sides of the side windows quite a few paint chips as well as an immobilized /jammed drivers side wheel.

For 40 bucks shipped this quality product is yours, PM me where you want it shipped.

I watched quite a few HD reviews for the various K80s and watched OnePunchArmys video repeatedly, if this looked like theirs, I'd have no issues.

Last edited:
if it's a KO Sideswipe, then yes, it actualy DOES sound like the quality is about the same as the official. They had TERRIBLE QC.

( Looks at the two official Sideswipes on my shelves )

Both of mine have very minor issues on each, not perfect, but not terrible either.

The problem with Sideswipe's paint arose from the fact that Takara used the actual paint used on the real car, which evidently had different properties to the paints Takara usually work with and reacted differently with the plastics as it was applied.

I think there were probably a handful of really bad ones, pics got circulated around the TF sites and the usual hysteria ensued....look at all the crap from that alleged insider about Lamborghini supposedly being ready to pull their licensing agreement.

The release of TigerTrack and announcement of G2 Sideswipe blew that theory to bits.

Check out my grimlock display:

From Left to right:

Original Takara Grimlock in Dino mode, Hasbro Grimlock in Robot mode, and King Grimlock in Robot Mode.

ivTFxtU.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing reviews saying that KOs were as good as the originals, I got my first KO in the mail today...lets just say it'll be the last. :lol

Dang sorry dude. And yeah thats the main reason I decided to go strictly official. Not every KO piece is going to be on par with the official ones.

if it's a KO Sideswipe, then yes, it actualy DOES sound like the quality is about the same as the official. They had TERRIBLE QC.

Lol,truth to that for some. My 2 Takara Swipes came out pretty much immaculate.

Check out my grimlock display:

From Left to right:

Original Takara Grimlock in Dino mode, Hasbro Grimlock in Robot mode, and King Grimlock in Robot Mode.

ivTFxtU.jpg

Sweeeeet.:clap Got any more shot comparisons between MP8X and the regulars?

It's hard to say. I think Takara is the best dino mode because of the sharper claws and teeth, plus the nice stiff dino arms. I think the TRU is the best robot mode because of the extra paint apps and the knees are nice and tight.

MP-08x is just fantastic though. Really amazing paint job.

Hard to pick a favorite :D

No other comparison shots as of now, but maybe soon :D

It's hard to say. I think Takara is the best dino mode because of the sharper claws and teeth, plus the nice stiff dino arms. I think the TRU is the best robot mode because of the extra paint apps and the knees are nice and tight.

MP-08x is just fantastic though. Really amazing paint job.

Hard to pick a favorite :D

No other comparison shots as of now, but maybe soon :D

I figured it was a loaded question when I asked. :wink1:

Back