ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beast Wars didn't have Optimus...

Well, eventually it did. But you know what I mean. :)

I had a lot of classics traded in as well, hoping to get some cash. And I did.
Luckily, I got mp Lambor and red alert before they hit those ridiculous prices, but i guess I was a little naive to even think TRU Optimus might show up at the local TRU and didn't get It when someone wanted only 150 for it.

Red Alert is still decent-ish. I still feel safe not having him... so far. :)

TRU Optimus surprised me too. They should have ordered loads more for Christmas, but didn't. Stupid, TRU. :(

But in the end, I didn't pay anything for it - the money spent on the classics stuff was already gone, after all, so I'm happy. Like I said, just gotta be patient.

Some of the latest Prime stuff (mainly Shockwave and Smokescreen) and GI Joe Kreons is making me a bit antsy, though... That "gotta have it now" urge is tough to resist!

Is that all? :)

I bet you'll regret not having one, one day, though I do agree with you about the Prime overkill.

Pretty much, I was looking at my collection and just thought "You know what?, I don't need a Prime".

Decision made.

I won't regret it, I never do with anything that I decide to resell.

In the unlikely event that I did regain some intrest for the character I'd still not bother buying another one because I wouldn't pay aftermarket prices for Faith Leader and have no intrest whatsoever in the other Prime that would display with the rest of my collection ( MP10 ).

karamazov80,
Fresh air & sunshine are great, puppies tend to chew things that they shouldn't really be chewing and crap on the carpet :lol

Beast Wars didn't have Optimus...

Well, eventually it did. But you know what I mean. :)

C'mon, Gorilla Prime wasn't THE Optimus prime, sure, but he might as well have been, just like Dino Megatron. The only time I can remember them actually diverging from largely infallible leader was in Animated.

Optimus Prime = Same color scheme as Superman
Alt Mode = The all-American 18 Wheeler

He's a triumph of branding to American kids, can't speak for anyone else though. I couldn't imagine a bot who deserves the leader title more.

Optimus Prime = Same color scheme as Superman
Alt Mode = The all-American 18 Wheeler

He's a triumph of branding to American kids, can't speak for anyone else though. I couldn't imagine a bot who deserves the leader title more.
I dunno. I just saw the episode where Red Alert turns all weird and paranoid and joins with Starscream in an attempt to get revenge on the Autobots. I think Red Alert could be a very interesting leader :lol

Pretty much, I was looking at my collection and just thought "You know what?, I don't need a Prime".

Decision made.

I won't regret it, I never do with anything that I decide to resell.

In the unlikely event that I did regain some intrest for the character I'd still not bother buying another one because I wouldn't pay aftermarket prices for Faith Leader and have no intrest whatsoever in the other Prime that would display with the rest of my collection ( MP10 ).

karamazov80,
Fresh air & sunshine are great, puppies tend to chew things that they shouldn't really be chewing and crap on the carpet :lol

My friend, you need to rewatch the first third of Transformers: The Movie, I think. You must have forgotten how awesome G1 Prime can be. :)

But anyway, what does a Faith Leader go for these days? I'd like to at least not lose money on it... Looking on Ebay I see a VERY big disparity!

Maybe I'll be better off trading it...

C'mon, Gorilla Prime wasn't THE Optimus prime, sure, but he might as well have been, just like Dino Megatron. The only time I can remember them actually diverging from largely infallible leader was in Animated.

I don't know, Optimus Primal was VERY fallible by the time Beast Machines came about, but I do see your point.

speaking of Red alert.. just got one. 100$ shipped.

Oh, where? :)

EDIT: Quick question for those out of the US - is Captured Prey a good place to order from? Do they mark as "gift", all that good stuff, like TFSource and a few others?

Last edited:
My friend, you need to rewatch the first third of Transformers: The Movie, I think. You must have forgotten how awesome G1 Prime can be. :)

But anyway, what does a Faith Leader go for these days? I'd like to at least not lose money on it... Looking on Ebay I see a VERY big disparity!

Maybe I'll be better off trading it...

I don't know, Optimus Primal was VERY fallible by the time Beast Machines came about, but I do see your point.

Oh, where? :)

EDIT: Quick question for those out of the US - is Captured Prey a good place to order from? Do they mark as "gift", all that good stuff, like TFSource and a few others?

As for captured prey, I'm not sure, but probobly. Also, there is no "THEY" with captured prey. it's one guy, He posts over on TFW2005 as Sidecutter. so worst case scenario, you could always shoot him an email and ask him to do that.

Where Did i get my Red alert? Tfsource. had one of their 89$ preorders.

after shipping costs, $100.45

^ Oh, boo. I'm sure that's not the price anymore. :)

Thanks for the info on Captured Prey. I'll shoot him a PM maybe.

Here's the latest vid up on the Kool Kollectibles youtube channel comparing G1 vintage figures against their Masterpiece counterparts, from MP-8 to MP-16.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVRIV3e3yQ[/ame]

Hope you can check it out :)

Cool, I'll check that out.

What I really need is something comparing the third party figures to vintage/cartoon originals... especially when there's more than one choice!

Cool, I'll check that out.

What I really need is something comparing the third party figures to vintage/cartoon originals... especially when there's more than one choice!

I would say most of the third party figures are not cartoon accurate at all, perhaps due to trying to avoid copyright infringement. Most of them are highly stylized, like fansproject, which is why they tend to fit better with Classics than Masterpiece.

The exceptions are probably the igear vans, some of the igear minibots and quake wave.

But he's still a bland truckformer, I did the whole "Optimus is awesome" thing as a kid and got it out of my system.

These days I'm more intrested in characters I didn't own back then as well as ones I still have an affinity for such as Bluestreak and Soundwave.

If I make back what I originally paid for Faith Leader ( about £85 ) I'll be fine with that.

But he's still a bland truckformer, I did the whole "Optimus is awesome" thing as a kid and got it out of my system.

These days I'm more intrested in characters I didn't own back then as well as ones I still have an affinity for such as Bluestreak and Soundwave.

If I make back what I originally paid for Faith Leader ( about £85 ) I'll be fine with that.
No. . .you, sir, are a bland truckformer. Good day.

Man. Transformers fans that don't like Optimus, Super Robot fans that don't like Mazinger Z. What next, Star Wars fans who don't like Vader and Joe fans who hate Snake Eyes? :)

I would say most of the third party figures are not cartoon accurate at all, perhaps due to trying to avoid copyright infringement. Most of them are highly stylized, like fansproject, which is why they tend to fit better with Classics than Masterpiece.

The exceptions are probably the igear vans, some of the igear minibots and quake wave.

Well yeah, those are the types I'm thinking of.

The iGear vans aren't very accurate at all, when you do a good, side by side comparison. I'm curious as to how accurate some of the other SEEMINGLY accurate ones are, like that new Predaking coming out for example.

Soundwave's kind of bland too. :)

Back