ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I said I LIKE that Soundwave is bland. :)

(I tried desperately to cite a source where "bland" was a synonym for uncharismatic, to no avail!)

so what is this babble about Takara getting the licenses for Mirage and Hound??

So MP Sunstreaker,Hound and Mirage are close? hope so!

Ah, it has come full circle, eh corsair? ;)

Generations Metroplex is pretty goddamn huge. So big that his rifles have to be orange capped because they can almost pass for small firearms apparently. :lol

t7HLU.jpg

https://gizmodo.com/5995083/where-the-toys-come-from-inside-hasbros-model-workshop

Wow. He IS big.

Looking forward to one, but man, where to put it???

And assuming its a hit, could totally see Trypticon at some point, too...

So it would seem.

Still no reason to think otherwise, though, which is good. :)

Wow. He IS big.

Looking forward to one, but man, where to put it???

And assuming its a hit, could totally see Trypticon at some point, too...

Still no reason to think otherwise, though, which is good. :)

Exactly.

All that hysteria over the discovery that Sideswipe and Red Alert were only getting one run was ridiculous.

As the guy that designed them said in a recent interview they're secondary characters so multiple runs were probably never part of Takara's plans.

Until Shogo Hasui posts otherwise on his Twitter page or Takara make a statement of their own I'll remain very optimistic about Sunstreaker, Mirage and Hound.

Last edited:
I love those car modes so much that I would be tempted to do that as well, but. . .I've got too much clutter in my house as it is. Very nice display though. I'll probably do that with Prowl since he was and is one of my favorite characters. If Hasbro ever does an MP-11 Starscream, I'll probably keep my MP-3 version to keep him in jet mode as well.

I'd LOVE to get doubles to display them in vehicle mode but thats too rich for my blood.

So the rumors about Sideswipe and Red Alert only getting a single run are true??

I recieved my 2nd MP Red Alert today,

Congrats. When you bore of him, send him my way. ;)

So looks like I'll be getting Beast Hunters Shockwave tomorrow. Just need Smokescreen and Skyquake and I think I'm more or less complete with the Prime stuff... well, until that Ultra Magnus comes out, anyway. Haven't quite decided on the actual Beasts/Predacons yet...

Speaking of Shockwave, I had a really good discussion this weekend with a fellow collector/toy store owner about the possibility of an official MP version. I know everyone's gushing about Quakewave, but Hasbro/Takara seem to be really pushing Shockwave as a main character these days, with prominent appearances across all media... I'm thinking I'm gonna wait on him now.

And speaking of animated series, did I read that there's going to be some kind of new Japanese anime-type show soon? Not sure how I feel about that... I don't think I liked any of the "anime" Transformers lines (barring G1, of course).

I'll take one of each :pray:

Sorry, they aren't for sale.

karamazov80,
Glad you like the setup, I'll probably be doing the same with every MP Autobot car from now on, it's a good thing I only really collect Masterpieces and the odd 3rd party release otherwise I wouldn't have the space.

Incidentally I've heard a couple of rumors in the past week about a possible second run of MP11 so if Hasbro don't do their own there's still a chance you may be able to get the other one for cheaper than the present prices.

Pineapple,
Nobody really knows for certain except Takara who haven't commented.

What we do know from the designer of MP12 & MP14 is that they're ( rightly ) considered lesser characters so from that it's reasonable to think that Takara may have decided that 1 run of each was all that was economically viable as there's less guarantee a second would sell out as there would be with a heavy hitter like Prime or Megatron.

DPrime,
Should I ever lose my marbles completely and decide to sell my MP's, you'll be the first to know! :lol

Incidentally I've heard a couple of rumors in the past week about a possible second run of MP11 so if Hasbro don't do their own there's still a chance you may be able to get the other one for cheaper than the present prices.
Would be awesome! Are these rumors from reliable sources?

The 2nd runs of the lambos would seem very odd for me if Starscream wouldn't warrant a second run. I mean, he's significantly more popular than a couple of random Autobot cars. I never expected a second run, though I did sort of expect a U.S. release.

Would be awesome! Are these rumors from reliable sources?

The 2nd runs of the lambos would seem very odd for me if Starscream wouldn't warrant a second run. I mean, he's significantly more popular than a couple of random Autobot cars. I never expected a second run, though I did sort of expect a U.S. release.

Nothing concrete, it was more of a speculatory comment that I read.

Another run would make sense even if it was smaller than the original one.

Well shoot. Yeah, smaller runs would make sense for most second runs I would reckon. On a related note, anyone know of good, preferably not too expensive customizers who could repaint MP-11s? That's probably the route I'll go if we don't get any real news of Starscream 2.1 soon.

I thought this was funny:

Q: "If I recall, in first quarter last year transformers had [eroded ?] in lesser rate than we typically think of. Can you give any number on how Transformers did on a second year off a movie; this time vs. the last time?"

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner delivered the answer:

A: "Transformers in this quarter is relatively flat. We are transitioning out of what was last year's mostly an entertainment-lead, television-led business. We are transitioning into the whole Transformers: Beast Hunters re-imagining with a new TV Series which launched just now and products rolling out throughout the year. Transformers, as you know, is a strong international brand for us but we saw a roughly flat business when we rolled out from one product line and into another."

Hasbro needs to realize that it's not the transition from one product line to another, it's the price of a really small deluxe figure that's $15 along with the other classes that are just too expensive for what little you get. $30 for Voyager FOC Grimlock that, once opened, I realized was pretty much a shell. Just about all pieces were hollow. I like my TF Hasbro figures but the just as before with other series', hardly any paint apps and what's there is usually inaccurate along with inaccurate and/or gimmicky weapons.

Generations Metroplex is pretty goddamn huge. So big that his rifles have to be orange capped because they can almost pass for small firearms apparently. :lol

t7HLU.jpg

https://gizmodo.com/5995083/where-the-toys-come-from-inside-hasbros-model-workshop

damn that Metroplex is huge!

Snip...

And speaking of animated series, did I read that there's going to be some kind of new Japanese anime-type show soon? Not sure how I feel about that... I don't think I liked any of the "anime" Transformers lines (barring G1, of course).

Ooooh now that sounds interesting.

I've always preffered the Jpn series over the US stuff , with the exception of Robots in disguise...that doesn't even need to exist (although the Toys were pretty sweet...still has my second best Convoy ever after the original)

Look forward to seeing what they come up with

Neil

DPrime,
Should I ever lose my marbles completely and decide to sell my MP's, you'll be the first to know! :lol

lol, well, if we ever do get a full Autobot lineup, are you going to be able to maintain/display/afford two of each? :)

But yeah, I'll probably just bite the bullet and get a Red Alert while there's still time. I'll keep trying to trade for one though - but maybe it'll be a good idea to have a back-up, just in case I can't.

Ooooh now that sounds interesting.

I've always preffered the Jpn series over the US stuff , with the exception of Robots in disguise...that doesn't even need to exist (although the Toys were pretty sweet...still has my second best Convoy ever after the original)

Look forward to seeing what they come up with

Neil

Yeah, the RiD toys were pretty cool, I remember. I'm still tempted to get one of those Train-bot combiners (Raiden?).

I didn't like the show, though, nor did I like Armada, Energon or Cybertron. I don't have a problem with anime per se... but sometimes it just doesn't work when it gets translated and what not.

That reminds me, though... I still need to watch the Transformers G1 stuff that only aired in Japan. I did watch a rather bad dub of Scramble City on Youtube, but do you think there's any chance of this stuff coming to Netflix?

Be awesome if Hasbro could dub it with the original voices (or appropriate impersonations).

Yeah, the RiD toys were pretty cool, I remember. I'm still tempted to get one of those Train-bot combiners (Raiden?).

I didn't like the show, though, nor did I like Armada, Energon or Cybertron. I don't have a problem with anime per se... but sometimes it just doesn't work when it gets translated and what not.

That reminds me, though... I still need to watch the Transformers G1 stuff that only aired in Japan. I did watch a rather bad dub of Scramble City on Youtube, but do you think there's any chance of this stuff coming to Netflix?

Be awesome if Hasbro could dub it with the original voices (or appropriate impersonations).

Yeah Raiden was pretty sweet.
I have a few of them...

Convoy
Scourge
Swerve
X-Brawn
Prowl

I liked them most because aside from most of the Decepticon stuff (re-hashed Predacons) they harked back nicely to the G1 style which after Beat Wars was a nice change

Yeah I do agree the Anime stuff wasn't that well translated but I tended to watch Subs & it didn't seem so bad.

The Jpn G1 stuff is ok, some good bits, some bad but mostly worth seeing.
I have them all at home on DVD.

Yeah I'd love to see them redone with some good voice acting...the stuff online is awful...thankfully mine is all sub'd so no ridiculously bad voice acting.

I'd doubt very much you'd see it on Netflix.
I might look at doing some rip's of my discs if you'd like?

Neil

Back