ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this vid from BotCon with the Hasbro MP-10. Wow, I think the paitwork on the Hasbro is much better than the Takara!! Will definitely try to wait for the TRU Hasbro release!

There's definitely extra details, like the yellow tips on the small lights at the front. And the eyes seem to be a lighter blue so that you can clearly see them!! I like all that, and the Takara doesnt have that sort of detail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvDP-uBNvI

EDIT: Weird. I just checked a youtube video of the Gen 1 cartoon, and the Optimus did not have those yellow highlights at the top. So perhaps the Takara is actually more "cartoon-accurate". Either way, I might wait to see if I can actually get the Hasbro one shipped to Oz since it is so much cheaper!

EDIT2: Hmmm, after watching more youtube comparisons, I'm actually now leaning towards the Takara versions. They all seem to be more accurate to the cartoon than the Hasbro version (eg. the Rodimus MP-09 is much more accurate than the Hasbro version!). Damn the high price though!!!

Man Hasbro MP-10 looks good! cannot wait to see him on the shelves! :panic:

Ever since Skywarp, Hasbro has been going for a more G1 toy accurate scheme while takara aims for cartoon accuracy.

Hasbro's releases are cheaper partly due to cut corners here and there, in MP10's case the entire trailer is unpainted instead of the glossy silver of the japanese version. Rodimus does not have the trailer and has much fewer paint apps, but he comes with a targetmaster and a new mould matrix.

:lecture:exactly:

Ever since Skywarp, Hasbro has been going for a more G1 toy accurate scheme while takara aims for cartoon accuracy.

Hasbro's releases are cheaper partly due to cut corners here and there, in MP10's case the entire trailer is unpainted instead of the glossy silver of the japanese version. Rodimus does not have the trailer and has much fewer paint apps, but he comes with a targetmaster and a new mould matrix.

Thanks for the info! I was leaning towards the Hasbro, but now I think I actually want the Takara ones. Particularly the Rodimus which I think looks better in the Takara version. I didnt realise the Hasbro MP-10 doesnt have a painted trailer - will probably get the Takara too.

Seeing those Aerialbots make me want to buy the TFC Hercules all of a sudden. What's the best deal out there for one? Should I buy each piece separately or will there be a boxed set coming out?

Might wanna check the boards/for sale section at tfw2005.com. Ive seen some suggestions and offers for Hercules for way cheaper than the average $550-600 asking price. I believe some were from asian sellers on ebay or something.

Put in orders for MP soundwave and MP Sideswipe finally. Thinking about double dipping on these two as well. With the direction the MP line is going,I decided to support Hastak and am collecting all MP's from MP-10 on out. And with that Im done with any other TF lines,this will help free up money to buy 2 of each MP. I love both alts and bot modes of my G1 TF's so I HAVE to have two of each. Feels good to finally have some focus on my TF display. Rock on.

Really liking these. I thought I would stop at Herc but these are really tempting!

Wow they look brilliant!!!

Definitely be keeping an eye on these...hope they don't go to Herc prices but still be really tempted.

Oh & in other news...I lost out on the Faith Leader I was bidding on :(
Went over $100 & considering the Hasbro MP10 will cost only $100 & come with the trailer it's a no brainer for me & I'll be going MP10 now.

Just hope Toys R Us ship to the UK in case we don't get him here officially

Neil

I think some of these have already been answered, but I'll chirp in as well...

Sorry, guys. I did do a thread search, but it returned so many posts I figured it was easier if I just asked. So here goes!

1) Is there an official Takara Masterpiece website anywhere? Or is a simple google search as good as it gets?

No idea, but I don't think so. I imagine it'd be in Japanese if there was...

2) For the MP-10 Optimus, the cheapest I can find online is $225 + $30 shipping. Is that a decent price?

If you must have the Takara version, I'd say it is. But who knows? Prices may go down a bit once the American version hits stores at a hundred bones. Personally, I'm just going to buy that one.

3) Is the MP-11 Starscream in the same scale as MP-10 or the older MP-01?

Roughly, yes, it's in scale with MP-10. A bit small - personally, I think it works better with iGear's Faith Leader - but it works. It's WAY too small for MP-01.

4) Has there been an announcement of a new Megatron in the smaller scale of MP-10?

No, but I think it's bound to happen. Officially, I mean. Yeah, iGear had sort of hinted at a scaled down MP version, but I think that's been nixed. Some seem to think that because the original was kind of brittle to begin with, it would be difficult to scale down to Faith Leader size.

5) has there been a release date announced for the MP-13 Soundwave?

I believe around Christmas?

6) It seems Hasbro releases effectively the identical MP figures as Takara at a much cheaper price. So is there any actual major diffs (eg. lower quality materials), or is it just paintwork? I mean, the Hasbro versions are so much cheaper!!!???

Thanks guys!

It really depends on the figure. Sometimes the Hasbro version is better (e.g. certain Classics-style and TF Prime figures, but the only MP I can think of is the 'Walmart Starscream' which was much more G1 accurate than the Takara version), but Takara is known for putting a bit more quality into their products.

The Hasbro versions are cheaper more so because of the different economies and currencies at play, import costs, etc. That sort of thing. At least, that's what I'm led to believe... I'm no expert on such things. :)

I know its already posted. But this a bigger pic

8271cf6egw1dubqnzcsurj.jpg

8271cf6egw1dubqt3dsr4j.jpg

I think some of these have already been answered, but I'll chirp in as well...

Thanks for the responses! I'm in the boat with others where Hot Toys is taking up a lot of my purchases recently, so need to be careful with the money :)

And the Takara line gets a little interesting I just found. I didnt realise that the MP-09 Rodimus actually has a second release which fixes a lot of QC issues, so I need to make sure I can get that one. Many sellers dont specify, so I guess I need to be careful.

Anyone know of any definitive way of telling which version? Is there something different on the box, or some identification?

Thanks for the responses! I'm in the boat with others where Hot Toys is taking up a lot of my purchases recently, so need to be careful with the money :)

And the Takara line gets a little interesting I just found. I didnt realise that the MP-09 Rodimus actually has a second release which fixes a lot of QC issues, so I need to make sure I can get that one. Many sellers dont specify, so I guess I need to be careful.

Anyone know of any definitive way of telling which version? Is there something different on the box, or some identification?

The boxes are essentially the same. Except for the stamp on the underside of the box, the original reads A0911 (for January 09, 2011) and the 2nd version reads H2511 (for August 25, 2011). So there's no real way unless you can physically see the box.

I bought the first version myself and really haven't had any issues but then again, I only transformed him once and he's staying in bot mode. I heard from some other TF collectors that all the issues weren't entirely fixed, like the chest piece still doesn't peg in securely. I know BBTS indicated on their website what version they were selling. It's been a while since the MP-09 has been released and I would think that most of the first versions are no longer being sold through retailers. But that's just my guess...

Hey everyone. I noticed BBTS has the new Transformers Generations Bruticus up for pre-order. Deluxe size but not much else info. Does anyone know if these will combine? Also will these be any different than the Bruticus set being offered at the Comic Con this year? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey everyone. I noticed BBTS has the new Transformers Generations Bruticus up for pre-order. Deluxe size but not much else info. Does anyone know if these will combine? Also will these be any different than the Bruticus set being offered at the Comic Con this year? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Yep they combine. And yes these are different from the comic con offerings. The comic con version have a color scheme from the new transformers game and all come in one CC special packaging. See below. Hope this helps.

hasbro-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-bruticus-comic-con-exclusive-sdcc.jpg

Thanks Furyan, I'll probably PO the set from BBTS and hope a fellow freak can pick me up the Comic Con set. Anyone??? So a different paint scheme and a boxed packaging for the set. Looks good!

yeah...the SDCC version is suppose to be more G1-esque in terms of color scheme. Plus you get all of the figures in a nice collector box. Finding them at retail is gonna be tough intitially since everybody and their momz that collects figures will be snatching them off the pegs. Probably better to just preorder an entire case so you don't need to waste time/gas hunting for them at retailers. The retail release looks a like more like Energon Bruticus Maximus colorwise.

Back