ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm...accurate in a lot of ways, yes. Outdated as a toy? That's debatable. I still love it. Just another iteration of Prime, in some ways MP-01 is outdated but I'm also a guy who loves G1 figures. So maybe I'm not the barometer of what is or isn't acceptable. Whew! That was a MAUL(fan)full.

I'll tell you what to do, Sam. Get the MP-10. He's official and displays well with the current scale and what will be coming out in the future. At $100, he's a pretty good deal. He looks like an updated take on the G1 design.

However, I do think the MP-01 looks more blocky like the old cartoon. He's not outdated and is still a very impressive Transmorpher in his own right. Both have a place in a Tranformers fan's collection.

I plan on getting MP-10, I just didn't agree with the argument that it's a better figure all around, though we all have our biases here so I'm curious to hear what others think.

I think both have their strengths. I'm not as crazy into the Transformers collecting as others, so scale is a big deal for me as I want to be able to display Optimus, Grimlock, Soundwave, etc all together and have them look like they match up correctly.

I plan on getting MP-10, I just didn't agree with the argument that it's a better figure all around, though we all have our biases here so I'm curious to hear what others think.

I don't own both figure but I am getting MP-10 for sure. Almost bought him at BotCon. And yes Ben is right, to have them all close in scale is a dream come true. Did you boys see this?

Hope I can pick one up. Those TRU exclusives tend to be hit-or-miss. I have no clue if 20,000 is a little or a lot with something like this. I'm confident I'll never see it online, anyway.

I saw the pic of Medicom Spider-Man before you changed the link. Don't know about that one.

I've had pretty good luck with the previous Toys R Us releases. I saw Grimlock and Hot Rod numerous times.

My take on this is I feel neither MP-01 or Faith Leader is outdated looking. I just acquired both this year and they are both fresh to me, but its understandable for those who have had these since they came out to feel they are "outdated" looking. Faith Leader has been my favorite TF toy since I got him. Perfect size and his bot mode is just excellent all around. He reminds me most of 80's prime and thats what I love best,a pure nostalgia boost every time I look at him. MP-01's the same just bigger and heavier, and he seems to fit "masterpiece" better because of his weight/quality and metal components.

Until recently I had no intentions of picking up MP-10. Didnt care for his bot mode because he seemed to "anime" to me and wasnt what I remembered OP looking like back then, which is what Im going for most. Now I see him as just another version of Optimus, a kickass one at that. You can never have to many of him! And his alt mode is imo the best there is and the closest to G1 prime, i cannot pass that up. I will be getting him and every masterpiece figure from here on out. MP-01,Faith Leader and MP-10 will all be displayed in my setup. As for which figure is the best all around?,thats too hard to call. Each has positives and negatives,none are perfect. One things for sure Ill never get rid of any of them.

The feeling I got when I opened MP01 up when I first got it all those years ago was a little different.

It was my first transformer toy since my childhood days and when I opened the box I was actually a little disappointed with the way the toy look in hand because it looked much nicer in the online pictures.
It was only after awhile that MP01 started to grow on me.

But with MP10, it is different. I absolutely loved the moment I took it out of the box. But The online photos of MP10 are really crap in comparison to the way the toy looks in hand. In fact, when MP10 first came out, it wasn't even on my to buy list. I actually got it from a friend who wanted to sell it off cuz he was moving house.

Most of us who are totally sold on the MP10 aesthetics are ironically already owners of the toy. I got a feeling more people will feel the same once they receive their hasbro version.

Last edited:
As someone who owns 3 versions of MP-01 I have to say I love the look of MP-10. Sure is it as chunky/GEEWUN as MP-01, no. But I love the idealized sleek look of MP-10. More or less a modern take on the Prime aesthetic.

Oh I like it too - but you're right when you say idealized. :)

Last edited:
so is there is a release date for the mp-10 at toys r us now? or is it still sometime in august or something like that?

so is there is a release date for the mp-10 at toys r us now? or is it still sometime in august or something like that?

Nick here says next month:

I don't own both figure but I am getting MP-10 for sure. Almost bought him at BotCon. And yes Ben is right, to have them all close in scale is a dream come true. Did you boys see this?

:)

sweet! can't wait to get this guy, I really don't care for the trailer but I love the new scale of the MP line.

Some of my guys I finally got into the Detolf

TF.jpg

Back