ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of us who are totally sold on the MP10 aesthetics are ironically already owners of the toy. I got a feeling more people will feel the same once they receive their hasbro version.

Same here. I was the first one of my friends to buy it. They all liked their MP-01 better, untill they saw it in hand at my place. Especially in scale with the rest. They put their MP-01's on Ebay so fast, that they are now stuck in 1955.

Painted proto of iGear's Ratchet,
ratchetalt.jpg

ratchetbot.jpg

With any luck this will ship with Ironhide on the present release date of July 15th.

Last edited:
Oh god he looks sweet.

Perfect scale with the iGear primes as well.

Which reminds me...got some bidding going on for a Faith Leader on Ebay at the mo :):)
So please don't anyone outbid me :pray::pray::pray: lol ;)

Neil

Oh god he looks sweet.

Perfect scale with the iGear primes as well.

Which reminds me...got some bidding going on for a Faith Leader on Ebay at the mo :):)
So please don't anyone outbid me :pray::pray::pray: lol ;)

Neil

Looks like it'll be round about the same size as MP Sideswipe/Red Alert in robot mode too!

Good luck on the bid for Faith Leader.

Thanks for alerting me to that Faith Leader auction! I've been looking for him. Gonna snipe the high bidder at the last minute. . .

I kid! :D Good luck on that.

Your so mean :monkey2 ;) :lol:lol:lol

Looks like it'll be round about the same size as MP Sideswipe/Red Alert in robot mode too!

Good luck on the bid for Faith Leader.

Thanks buddy really hoping this one comes off would love to get him now.

Neil

Custom Junkions look great! Gonn have to do that at some point too...

So does iGear's Ratchet. Looking forward to that one.

Thanks for that info. Very excited to get MP10.

Yeah, me too. I mean, I could live without him, I think, but I'm glad to have the option now for getting one at a hundred bucks. Hard to say no at that price.

Some of my guys I finally got into the Detolf

TF.jpg

Looks great!

Same here. I was the first one of my friends to buy it. They all liked their MP-01 better, untill they saw it in hand at my place. Especially in scale with the rest. They put their MP-01's on Ebay so fast, that they are now stuck in 1955.

I would agree. For me the question really isn't between MP-01 and MP-10. Scale alone would make the later version win it for me. But I do like the general look of MP-01 a bit better from what I can tell. When I talk about preferring MP-01 I'm really talking about preferring Faith Leader, to be quite honest. :)

Sorry, guys. I did do a thread search, but it returned so many posts I figured it was easier if I just asked. So here goes!

1) Is there an official Takara Masterpiece website anywhere? Or is a simple google search as good as it gets?

2) For the MP-10 Optimus, the cheapest I can find online is $225 + $30 shipping. Is that a decent price?

3) Is the MP-11 Starscream in the same scale as MP-10 or the older MP-01?

4) Has there been an announcement of a new Megatron in the smaller scale of MP-10?

5) has there been a release date announced for the MP-13 Soundwave?

6) It seems Hasbro releases effectively the identical MP figures as Takara at a much cheaper price. So is there any actual major diffs (eg. lower quality materials), or is it just paintwork? I mean, the Hasbro versions are so much cheaper!!!???

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. I did do a thread search, but it returned so many posts I figured it was easier if I just asked. So here goes!

1) Is there an official Takara Masterpiece website anywhere? Or is a simple google search as good as it gets?

2) For the MP-10 Optimus, the cheapest I can find online is $225 + $30 shipping. Is that a decent price?

3) Is the MP-11 Starscream in the same scale as MP-10 or the older MP-01?

4) Has there been an announcement of a new Megatron in the smaller scale of MP-10?

5) has there been a release date announced for the MP-13 Soundwave?

6) It seems Hasbro releases effectively the identical MP figures as Takara at a much cheaper price. So is there any actual major diffs (eg. lower quality materials), or is it just paintwork? I mean, the Hasbro versions are so much cheaper!!!???

Thanks guys!
I'll answer what I can for ya.

1) Don't think there is

2) Wait for the TRU release. If they won't ship over there I'd pick one up for you and just pay me retail + the shipping

3) I don't know

4) No, but I've seen that igear is doing the smaller scale though

5) I haven't seen anything solid

6) I never noticed any quality difference in the ones I had, just different paint

I'll answer what I can for ya.

1) Don't think there is

2) Wait for the TRU release. If they won't ship over there I'd pick one up for you and just pay me retail + the shipping

3) I don't know

4) No, but I've seen that igear is doing the smaller scale though

5) I haven't seen anything solid

6) I never noticed any quality difference in the ones I had, just different paint

Thanks for the reply! Any idea on when the Hasbro MP-10 will be available? Weird that Hasbro can sell these for so much cheaper. Does Hasbro always release the Takara versions? I'm looking to get the new MP-11 Starscream, but not sure if Hasbro are releasing this too? The best price I can see for the MP-11 Takara Starscream is about $165.

I just saw this vid from BotCon with the Hasbro MP-10. Wow, I think the paitwork on the Hasbro is much better than the Takara!! Will definitely try to wait for the TRU Hasbro release!

There's definitely extra details, like the yellow tips on the small lights at the front. And the eyes seem to be a lighter blue so that you can clearly see them!! I like all that, and the Takara doesnt have that sort of detail!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvDP-uBNvI[/ame]

EDIT: Weird. I just checked a youtube video of the Gen 1 cartoon, and the Optimus did not have those yellow highlights at the top. So perhaps the Takara is actually more "cartoon-accurate". Either way, I might wait to see if I can actually get the Hasbro one shipped to Oz since it is so much cheaper!

EDIT2: Hmmm, after watching more youtube comparisons, I'm actually now leaning towards the Takara versions. They all seem to be more accurate to the cartoon than the Hasbro version (eg. the Rodimus MP-09 is much more accurate than the Hasbro version!). Damn the high price though!!!

Last edited:
TFC Toys just released this photo:

Aerialbots!!

..robot modes will be release tomorrow.

311564_377534078973888_1432582537_n.jpg

282736_370830349649578_2140905370_n.jpg

Oh %$^* :thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

Man they look sweet, can't wait to see the robot modes.
I love Superion he's probably my second fave Gestalt after Menasor

If these are as good as I hope then I think I'll give up on my current Hot Toys obsession & focus solely on TF's again.
Going to be mighty expensive if I don't

Neil

The first 2 TFC Aerialbots look nice but are easy passes for me as I don't really care about other combiners now I have a decent Devastator.

I'd sooner see a 3rd party Omega Supreme or Metroplex.

I've got some serious childhood nostalgia for those, as I got them for a really memorable Easter one year. Might have to bite on them, even if I never complete "Hercules."

I just saw this vid from BotCon with the Hasbro MP-10. Wow, I think the paitwork on the Hasbro is much better than the Takara!! Will definitely try to wait for the TRU Hasbro release!

There's definitely extra details, like the yellow tips on the small lights at the front. And the eyes seem to be a lighter blue so that you can clearly see them!! I like all that, and the Takara doesnt have that sort of detail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvDP-uBNvI

EDIT: Weird. I just checked a youtube video of the Gen 1 cartoon, and the Optimus did not have those yellow highlights at the top. So perhaps the Takara is actually more "cartoon-accurate". Either way, I might wait to see if I can actually get the Hasbro one shipped to Oz since it is so much cheaper!

EDIT2: Hmmm, after watching more youtube comparisons, I'm actually now leaning towards the Takara versions. They all seem to be more accurate to the cartoon than the Hasbro version (eg. the Rodimus MP-09 is much more accurate than the Hasbro version!). Damn the high price though!!!

Ever since Skywarp, Hasbro has been going for a more G1 toy accurate scheme while takara aims for cartoon accuracy.

Hasbro's releases are cheaper partly due to cut corners here and there, in MP10's case the entire trailer is unpainted instead of the glossy silver of the japanese version. Rodimus does not have the trailer and has much fewer paint apps, but he comes with a targetmaster and a new mould matrix.

Back