ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's just space/money. I would probably get Thundercracker if they made one, or get the Takara version if it drops in price because of it. But in the end, I still don't have a proper Megatron, Soundwave or Shockwave - until those are made, do I really just want six Seekers? (And my PE Reflector, forgot about him/them.)

Fair point and one I can empathise with as space is rapidly becoming an issue for me as well.

The only Megatron I have at the moment is the Animated Leader Class, I did have the MP for a short while but resold it as I was sick of the damn thing falling over and my Henkei Megatron went in a trade towards something else ( I can't remember what. )

For now Music Label Soundwave is my main Soundwave but if that new 3rd party one that can fit the G1 cassettes turns out OK I'll probably get that one as well.

Last edited:
Found Voyager Class Solar Strorm Grappel at Ross for $10 :rock
Also I see target restocking generations warpath, thundercracker, wheeljack, kupp and scourge, etc. So people who missed out keep your eyes peeled open.

I just got the TRU Rodimus Prime.. very disappointed. I thought this might be the 2.0 version but I dont see any improvements at all. The chest piece is still a floppy mess and the paint scheme is inferior to the takara version. One strange difference is the elbow joints. They completely remolded them.. and they suck IMHO. very loose and they look fragile. Besides all of that, Im keeping him and keeping it in Rodimus Prime mode.. and the Takara will forever be Hot Rod.

The Firebolt/Offshoot target master is awesome!!

Fair point and one I can empathise with as space is rapidly becoming an issue for me as well.

The only Megatron I have at the moment is the Animated Leader Class, I did have the MP for a short while but resold it as I was sick of the damn thing falling over and my Henkei Megatron went in a trade towards something else ( I can't remember what. )

For now Music Label Soundwave is my main Soundwave but if that new 3rd party one that can fit the G1 cassettes turns out OK I'll probably get that one as well.

Yeah, I just put my MP Megs up for sale here. He's just sitting in his box, never opened - might as well get something for him.

If/once Horror Monarch comes out, he'll be my go-to Megs.

There were a bunch at the TRU in... I think it was Portsmouth, NH, when I was visiting a few weeks ago.

I felt pretty lucky to get one. :)

Got my shipping confirmation message for FP Thundershred today! :yess:

The single release of iGear Thrust is now sold out on their site but there's some on ebay so once I'm paid for my ebay auctions I'll get one of those.

EDIT
Just read a post at TFW from one of the people behind the 3rd party Soundwave & Blaster which says Shockwave is under consideration for the group's next release once those two are out!

Last edited:
Got my shipping confirmation message for FP Thundershred today! :yess:

The single release of iGear Thrust is now sold out on their site but there's some on ebay so once I'm paid for my ebay auctions I'll get one of those.

EDIT
Just read a post at TFW from one of the people behind the 3rd party Soundwave & Blaster which says Shockwave is under consideration for the group's next release once those two are out!

Sweet, Shockwave would be a must have... As long as this Soundwave turns out well, I suppose. The proto shots look great but who knows what the quality will be? Have they made anything else?

Sweet, Shockwave would be a must have... As long as this Soundwave turns out well, I suppose. The proto shots look great but who knows what the quality will be? Have they made anything else?

I don't think they've released anything yet so we'll have to see how Soundwave & Blaster turn out. I really hope Blaster is good as he's one character I don't have in my Autobot lineup....the Device Label one looks a bit iffy IMO.

Since Jetwing Prime doesn't have a premium paint job what are the chance that Hasbro will be selling it? Was it already announced that they will or will not release it through hasbro?

What was the lowest price BBTS had him for, $150?

Last edited:
I don't think they've released anything yet so we'll have to see how Soundwave & Blaster turn out. I really hope Blaster is good as he's one character I don't have in my Autobot lineup....the Device Label one looks a bit iffy IMO.

Since they LOOK so good, and since they seem to be engaging the fans a bit for input, I would be surprised if they didn't go all the way and make sure the plastic quality and everything was top notch. But you never know...

Since they LOOK so good, and since they seem to be engaging the fans a bit for input, I would be surprised if they didn't go all the way and make sure the plastic quality and everything was top notch. But you never know...

That's a great thing about these groups, they do actually have a dialogue with fans and genuinely seem to listen to what people want.

Hasbro goes through the motions with the panels at Botcon & the Q&A's with various websites but most of the questions get answered in a deliberately vague manner which is meant to keep people's hopes up for certain items even if they have no intention of making them.

I got my TFC Scavenger today and it's decent, probably the weakest of the 4 Constructicons we've seen so far in terms of design but still very well done, the 'bot mode is very chunky & boxy which is perfect for the G1 aesthetic and scale wise he's very similar to how Scavenger looked in the recent IDW Bumblebee mini-series.

Everything feels nice and solid, all 3 modes work well, the transformations are straightforward and the number of options for pegging the guns, the excavator shovel arm and the cab on different areas around the body allows for a nice variety of looks.

The QC is generally very good, I've not encountered the issue with the shovel arm that caused TFC to include a redesigned one with Long Haul but I have got a few very minor issues that are easily fixed.

The head is a bit loose but not floppy and the same goes for the left leg. Some superglue on the ball joints should fix it.

There's also a tiny paint smudge on his faceplate which I can fix by repainting the whole faceplate in chrome silver and one of the cab lights has got a bit of paint overspill but as he'll be in robot or arm mode for the most part it's no big deal.

Overall I'd give the figure a solid 8/10 and the excitement for Devastator really begins now!

Bring on Long Haul & pics of Bonecrusher & Mixmaster :rock

Last edited:
Back