ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then again, I don't lie to myself and claim it to be great cinema, or even a good set of movies.

I just like em.

donno about the bayformer defenders in that regard.
Yeah, one of my personal guilty pleasures is Steven Seagal movies, but I don't pretend that they're cinematic masterpieces. Or even that they're objectively good most of the time. I know what's good filmmaking, and I know what I like, and they don't always match up.

I dont claim to think the TF movies are timeless masterpieces either, i just like them, as i do all of Bays movies and most movies in that genre.
But that doesnt mean i dont know good film making when i see it, or cant appriciate a timeless masterpiece either.
I like DOTM just as much as i like Inception, I like Bad Boys 2 as much as i like Avatar, I like The Rock as much as i like Blade Runner etc etc but im not gonna kid myself into thinking DOTM (or the others) is as well made, well thought out and has as good a story (as those other movies), but they all entertain and thats all im looking for in a movie at the end of the day, not wether or not some snot-nosed critic or G1 fanboy likes it or not.

To be honest I don't get why there's so much hate for the TF Movies. I get some of you get all "there's no story" whatever that's cool, but when it comes to the designs, I think Bay and his team did great. I love the Original stuff just as much as anyone and grew up with the G1 stuff but I would've hated to see any of the characters as they were in the original show. For today's audience, the originals just simply lack anything interesting. Sure we as original fans may not of had a problem with it b/c of our love for the original show but the movies aren't just meant for TF G1 fanboys :dunno at the end of the day, I'm glad someone made a real live action movie with some of the best CG there is. The movies have brought more new fans who go back and find out what all the original stuff and I think it's great that these movies have added many to the TF fanbase. Maybe its just me, but I understand how things need to change over time b/c it's addressing a new age with new technology and new expectations from viewers. I eclected something new and something fresh from these movies and I feel thats what I got. I personally hate the designs from TF: Aramada, TF: Cybertron and TF: Animated, but I still watched and, for the most part, enjoyed them jus b/c it's transformers. I just love everything transformers and I personally couldn't be happier with how each movie came out.

beyond the bad acting ( except Lepoof, he did pretty good) and the lack of a story, and the use of the transformers themselves less as characters, and more as plot devices?
ok. too much exposed parts. they look kinda naked. i would think giant sentient robots from beyond would cover their parts, atleast with some sort of armored plating.

I think a better compromise are the designs from transformers prime.

OR, the designs in the current IDW comic run.

big_picture.aspx

transformers-coverA-issue1x-large.jpg

b0e9431f-8053-47bd-a2c4-3c56816fd1f2.jpg

both of which have some g1 injected into the designs, atleast enough that you can tell who the character is with just a glance.

Someone once said that a sign of good character design is the ability to tell who a character is by their shiliouette alone

with some of the bayformers, this is possible, but not all. many of them start to look too similar.

here is a differnt way to look at it.

imagine of in the batman begins move, we never see batman dressed as batman, because nolan decided it looked "too silly" so instead he only wears the "first night out" outfit for the entire film.
if people can suspend disbelief that giant transforming robots are real, or that megan fox can act, i think they'll take to robot designs that look more like the originals.

not enough there to make it interesting for modern audiences?
if they were the same, blocky simplistic designs from the cartoon, then i'd agree, but look at these armature models. no post production, just simple models with "minimal" work.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiHNUaQ7cCo&feature=related"]transformer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBUYJly1zU&feature=related"]Optimus Prime Real - YouTube[/ame]

these are examples, but imagine if they were put though extreme ( bay level) post production, and leaned up?

additionally, there is the whole mass shifting thing.

Last edited:
Hurray, Dubs is a fellow member of the " we like crap movies club".

But I think we can all agree that rise of cobra was terrible, right?

I dont think the TF movies are "crap" by any stretch of the imagination. What i meant however was that i am under no delusions that they are cinematic masterpieces (like Inception, Blade Runner, T2, Goodfellas etc), i do however like them, so regardless of wether i thought they were crap or exellent that is all that counts.

Yes, ROC was abysmal, i expected more from the director of The Mummy.

To be honest I don't get why there's so much hate for the TF Movies. I get some of you get all "there's no story" whatever that's cool, but when it comes to the designs, I think Bay and his team did great. I love the Original stuff just as much as anyone and grew up with the G1 stuff but I would've hated to see any of the characters as they were in the original show. For today's audience, the originals just simply lack anything interesting. Sure we as original fans may not of had a problem with it b/c of our love for the original show but the movies aren't just meant for TF G1 fanboys :dunno at the end of the day, I'm glad someone made a real live action movie with some of the best CG there is. The movies have brought more new fans who go back and find out what all the original stuff and I think it's great that these movies have added many to the TF fanbase. Maybe its just me, but I understand how things need to change over time b/c it's addressing a new age with new technology and new expectations from viewers. I eclected something new and something fresh from these movies and I feel thats what I got. I personally hate the designs from TF: Aramada, TF: Cybertron and TF: Animated, but I still watched and, for the most part, enjoyed them jus b/c it's transformers. I just love everything transformers and I personally couldn't be happier with how each movie came out.

I agree with everything you have said 100%. Glad to see someone with like minded, sensible views on the matter for a change. :clap
*bro fist*
1536417-internet_bro_fist_super.jpg

I get what your're saying Lerath666, but the IDW designs still look too G1 for me though I really do like their latest designs. The videos though realistic, are still too G1 also. Yea TF Prime Optimus and BB greatly resemble the Movie versions but the rest look don't and that's what I like about TF prime, it again is it's own design which is what I also like about the TF movies

One of the best things about the movies is how they brought new toys IMO. I have so many G1 looking Optimus figures with slight paint variances and design twists that it just got boring for a second. Once the movies came, it sparked a whole new hunt for a new collection of new designs with new teansformering technology/engineering.

But I won't argue with you b/c we have different views on the movies and Transformers as a whole it seems so it's kind of pointless which is why I usually stay out of this thread. Most feel the opposite of how I feel about TF (except for Dub :hi5:) and I'd be getting into debates with almost everyone in here :lol

I agree with everything you have said 100%. Glad to see someone with like minded, sensible views on the matter for a change. :clap
*bro fist*

I grew up with G1 and also love the Bayformers. I don't read any comics only watched the cartoons, I'm sure they are baddass robots in the comics. I have the same vibe watching baddass robots kicking ass from Bayformers, especially Optimus Prime.

Though.. one thing I don't get.. with all the nobility and grace, and etc that optimus prime is intended to be and have... he sure murders his former friends, and enemies without much thought in the last film.
Why is that?
Makes about as much sense as batman killing people with guns.

I REALLY expected a luke skywalker- esque moment from prime on the bridge at the end of the film.

Completely tear into his enemy till he is completely at his mercy.. then stop just short of killing him, lest you become him.

And i was very disappointed in it not being there.

I got Fans Project's Stormshred today who's pretty cool but will look even better once the upgrade kit the dudes at TFW are doing is out.

The first pics of the actual casts have been posted,
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/444225-insect-add-parts.html

Without the add ons I'd give the figure 7.5-8/10.

With the new head & pincers I'd increase the score to 9/10.

I've also made some cash from ebaying a couple of my Henkei Seekers and Generations Dirge which I've used towards iGear's Thrust and I'll also be relisting Henkei Thundercracker & Ramjet along with Generations Dirge to raise cash for iGear's Ramjet or Dirge.

He kept his promise when he told Sam "We will kill them all" which they did. In ROTF he ripped Grindors head apart and killed the Fallen. Optimus Prime had to do what he had to do, IMO I felt that he held back when he was fighting Sentinal hoping that he would come to his senses. But in the end when the Decepticons was brought to earth from the space bridge the threat was high and he had to put an end to this and kill them all. The movie is also set for viewers from all aspect, like war there will be brutal kills. Good guys and bad guys dies. So the Prime we know growing up was tweaked to be more brutal. But that's just my opinion.

Though.. one thing I don't get.. with all the nobility and grace, and etc that optimus prime is intended to be and have... he sure murders his former friends, and enemies without much thought in the last film.
Why is that?
Makes about as much sense as batman killing people with guns.

I REALLY expected a luke skywalker- esque moment from prime on the bridge at the end of the film.

Completely tear into his enemy till he is completely at his mercy.. then stop just short of killing him, lest you become him.

And i was very disappointed in it not being there.

i'm still on the fence about the coneheads.
not that i don't want them. i do... its a question of can i fit them into my budget.

It took me a while to get the Deluxe Seekers & Coneheads and I was initially reluctant to get the bigger ones as it'd mean having to essentially start over.

But I looked at how the scale within my main collection was shaping up and realised that Deluxe sized F-15's look a bit silly next to Deluxe or Voyager cars and decided to go for it as I knew I could still get a decent amount for the Henkei's.

Thrust was my first option as it's my favorite of the Coneheads and it's also sold out quickest on iGear's site....I had to get mine from an ebay seller in HK.

After iGear have released their other 2 Rainmakers ( a blue/purple one & a green one ) they're inevitably going to do their own Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker so unless the rumor about MP-11 being a new Seeker mold is legit I'll get those & Sunstorm as well.

tweaked? in the second and third films, he was far more than tweaked.
It's like he was built by Cyberdine systems.

Yes, i know it's unrealistic to have someone not kill the enemy in a war, but it's also unrealistic to have giant, transforming sentient machines.

Prime is THE hero. he's not just a good guy, he's THE good guy.
He has always been intended to be the epitome and pillar of morals and right.
And in bays movies he was what you might consider to be a boderline psychopath.
"GIVE ME YOUR FACE!"
What. The. ____ing. Hell?
If, IF megatron had been a REAL threat at the end of the film, i could almost see it as a "megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" moment. but lets be honest here. megatron is physically crippled, no longer leading the decipticons, and hasn't really done ANYTHING for the majority of the movie. he's a washed-up has-been who gets put into his place by a little human girl who calls him a _____.
There was NO reason to kill him, other than simple revenge. Which in the end makes Optimus no better than him, or Sentinel prime.

this whole mentality lately ( since batman begins, and Dark knight mostly) of " RAWR IT needs to be soo grimdarwk it poops blood-encrusted bats, and so gritty it leaves the audience with mouthfuls of sand. that'll make everyone think it's mature an adult n' stuff" mentality lately is really sad.

Last edited:
I smell Galvatron, yeah from TF1-DOTM there was a huge leap of the characters. But what I'm trying to say is overall that I enjoyed each movie. There are parts I was like WTF but oh well. Even when Bee was gonna get executed and made all the drama being the warrior that he is. And the topic about Bee, Bayformers Bee>>>>>>G1 Bee.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them. but like you said, there are some serious WFT moments.

out of all three films. i think my favorite NEW thing was the Pretender Decdpticon chick from ROTF.

and since you mentioned Bee.. have you seen him in the new IDW comics?

2.jpg

same model car as the bayofrmers bee.

BY the way, he's the Leader of the autobots in those now.

He decided he needed to be a larger bot once he became the leader.

My favorite scene from the trilogy is the forest battle. Epic moment, just like from the G1 movie "The Touch" when Prime kicked ass.

Yeah, I remember asking for recommendation on comics and someone posted that. I almost purchased the paperback at borders because they are going out of business but didn't because it was all jacked up.

Back