ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preliminary results are in for that Takara fan choice pull for the next masterpiece. Results are surprising, to say the least. Note that the poll is NOT YET over, this is just an interim report.

1st place: Star Saber
2nd place: Armada Optimus Prime
3rd place: Dai Atlas

I figured Star Saber would be one of the popular ones, but Armada Optimus? I never would have guessed that! The Japanese really DO love Minicons and everything that has to do with it. :lol

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/star-saber-masterpiece-fans-choice-current-leader-interim-report-178071/

Preliminary results are in for that Takara fan choice pull for the next masterpiece. Results are surprising, to say the least. Note that the poll is NOT YET over, this is just an interim report.

1st place: Star Saber
2nd place: Armada Optimus Prime
3rd place: Dai Atlas

I figured Star Saber would be one of the popular ones, but Armada Optimus? I never would have guessed that! The Japanese really DO love Minicons and everything that has to do with it. :lol

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/star-saber-masterpiece-fans-choice-current-leader-interim-report-178071/

Star Saber or Dai Atlas would be great.

Anything but another f'ing Prime :lol

Are these not the exact same ones that are landing in retail in a few weeks?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transforme...2605?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51afa737ed

Is this just feeding frenzy of getting it a few weeks early or is there something different with these?

4 of them ending in the next few hours, all above $225 already.

Have seen that people just cant wait my buddy has repeats of mp 10 and he is a trade only guy, i buy to enjoy but i resell shoes to pay for the mp, but if i had mp soundwave now i wouldn't sell

So apparently MP Soundwave is starting to hit stores and was found at a TRU in Arizona.

I hope the suckers paying 300 bucks a pop see them in their local TRU this weekend. :lol

As far as the Star Sabre guy, I am totally unfamiliar with him, he has a Gundam vibe imo and I am kinda hoping he wins, cause I'd like to see how he comes out as a MP figure.

Shame about the contents :lol

Metroplex may break records in terms of height, but it's one ugly looking 'bot.

You think? I dunno... I think it's okay. Not great. Certainly not worth paying the Ebay prices.

The biggest factor for me is size. I really just don't have the room for one. I mean, sure, I could FIND the room, but then he'd dominate the collection. And as much as I like Transformers, they're really only a small part of what I'm into - and still threaten to take over. I want people to come in and see my collection, and kind of "take it all in" as it were, without a three-foot Metroplex being the focal point.

So yeah, I'll probably pass on even the retail version.

I think the Metroplex looks great, but I really love the video game version of him.

Got my Hasbro Soundwave pack today. I must say its almost spot on with Takaras version. The quality is pretty much the same but Takaras version looks a bit nicer do to the extra paint apps. No defects to report either,everything looks and works as it should. The only thing that bugs me about it is the visor. Its not the flat yellow like in the proto pics but rather a semi clear yellow just as MP10's waist area. You can see the little circular patterns(same as MP10's waist) through the visor if you look close enough. But overall this is a excellent package and well worth the price!

You think? I dunno... I think it's okay. Not great. Certainly not worth paying the Ebay prices.

The biggest factor for me is size. I really just don't have the room for one. I mean, sure, I could FIND the room, but then he'd dominate the collection. And as much as I like Transformers, they're really only a small part of what I'm into - and still threaten to take over. I want people to come in and see my collection, and kind of "take it all in" as it were, without a three-foot Metroplex being the focal point.

So yeah, I'll probably pass on even the retail version.

Metroplex should have bulk to go with his height, he's too skinny, particularly the torso area.

Furyan,
I see that the piss yellow visor is intact.

Hasbro's Photoshop skills strike again :lol

Last edited:
Back