ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up this badboy at Target. The only one they had on a shelf full of Optimus. They still didn't have the Vehicon or Knockout but I'm sure they'll get them b/c they had Hot Shot who's part of that wave I think.

d9a70088.jpg

Nice find! Hope to find him and Bulkhead soon.

Just picked up this badboy at Target. The only one they had on a shelf full of Optimus. They still didn't have the Vehicon or Knockout but I'm sure they'll get them b/c they had Hot Shot who's part of that wave I think.

d9a70088.jpg

Looks nice but I think I will pass on this one. The deluxe works better, scale-wise, and seems to look just as good, if not better.

Wanna hook up a freak on a Vehicon? :)

Hope so, we just had 3 TJ Max open up in my area. Hope they scavenged some too.
BTW what was the retail on the box set again?

Depends. TRU is $45 plus tax, Walmart is $30 plus tax. But only TRU has the first one.

Nice find! Hope to find him and Bulkhead soon.
Thanks man! Yea Bulkhead doesn't look too bad after I watched a video review of him. If I didn't have the first edition, the powerizer wouldn't be a bad version to have from the looks of it
Looks nice but I think I will pass on this one. The deluxe works better, scale-wise, and seems to look just as good, if not better.

Wanna hook up a freak on a Vehicon? :)
Yea scale-wise FE Starscream would be much better. The bottom of his jet mode looks better on the Voyager though. And it is nice that he has the one rocket on each arm instead of the 3 on the FE. But yea I'm not going to lie, it's a little off putting that he's a hair bigger than Megatron. But still a nice figure, very show accurate.

As for a Vehicon, sure thing man. If I find some I'll pick an extra up for ya just in case

Yea scale-wise FE Starscream would be much better. The bottom of his jet mode looks better on the Voyager though. And it is nice that he has the one rocket on each arm instead of the 3 on the FE. But yea I'm not going to lie, it's a little off putting that he's a hair bigger than Megatron. But still a nice figure, very show accurate.

As for a Vehicon, sure thing man. If I find some I'll pick an extra up for ya just in case

Thanks man!

Do you need a FE Starscream, btw? I can get you one easily...

Not sure if anyone remembers but about 2 months ag I got this done...

I havent bought any TF toys since the last iGear minibots & this weekend was no different but I did add something Transformers related.

Not sure it belongs in the thread but thought I'd show you anyway ;)

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

It's the beginning of what will eventually be a full colour wrap around.
I don't mind saying but it hurt like buggery.
Still it was well worth every ounce of pain & I can't wait to get it finished.

Neil

Well yesterday was session number 2 & I had 3 more hours in the chair & at times I thought I was going to scream the place down, it was pretty intense & down right painful but by god was it worth it.

So here is the result of yesterdays sesh...

DSCF0481-1.jpg

DSCF0482-1.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

Got the colour to go in a couple of months time (Couldn't get in earlier as my artist is booked up for Saturdays until the end of JULY :() & we are forming some plans for the gap between Prime & Soundwave but nothing concrete yet.

Anyway sorry again if it doesn't really fit here but I hope you like :)

Neil

That is excellent line work on those tatts. I can sympathize with your pain. I have one on my left shin and another on my left calf. The one on my calf I had done over two days back-to-back, and during the second session he went back and touched stuff up from the previous day. It felt like he was pouring battery acid on my leg when he did that! Have fun getting those colored!

Not sure if anyone remembers but about 2 months ag I got this done...

Well yesterday was session number 2 & I had 3 more hours in the chair & at times I thought I was going to scream the place down, it was pretty intense & down right painful but by god was it worth it.

So here is the result of yesterdays sesh...

DSCF0481-1.jpg

DSCF0482-1.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

Got the colour to go in a couple of months time (Couldn't get in earlier as my artist is booked up for Saturdays until the end of JULY :() & we are forming some plans for the gap between Prime & Soundwave but nothing concrete yet.

Anyway sorry again if it doesn't really fit here but I hope you like :)

Neil

Looks great, can't wait to see it with the colour!

As the ebay seller I pre-ordered my last 2 TFC Constructicons from back in February is no longer responding to e-mails ( his ebay store appears to be on hiatus ) I've ended up having to order 2 more from elsewhere.

I've sent another message to the original seller requesting a refund but the lack of replies to the 4 messages I've sent this week doesn't exactly fill me with optimism about getting the cash back and it's way past the 45 day limit for Paypal claims....I'll just have to put it down to experience and enjoy the other ones when they arrive later his week.

As the ebay seller I pre-ordered my last 2 TFC Constructicons from back in February is no longer responding to e-mails ( his ebay store appears to be on hiatus ) I've ended up having to order 2 more from elsewhere.

I've sent another message to the original seller requesting a refund but the lack of replies to the 4 messages I've sent this week doesn't exactly fill me with optimism about getting the cash back and it's way past the 45 day limit for Paypal claims....I'll just have to put it down to experience and enjoy the other ones when they arrive later his week.

Don't EVER pre-order anything from eBay. More and more you hear people complaining about how usually "reliable" sellers are stiffing them like this. Once you get past that 45 day mark, you're screwed! eBay needs to crack down and put a stop to sellers selling pre-orders.

Thanks Guys :)

That is excellent line work on those tatts. I can sympathize with your pain. I have one on my left shin and another on my left calf. The one on my calf I had done over two days back-to-back, and during the second session he went back and touched stuff up from the previous day. It felt like he was pouring battery acid on my leg when he did that! Have fun getting those colored!

Lol tell me about it...I had a lot of pain getting prime dine but nothing really prepared me for the discomfort I'd experience having Soundwave done.

I can sympathise with the going back over work.
My artist started out with a lot of fine lines then went back & did the thick lines yesterday so while they hadn't had a day to heal there was about 20-30 minyes between finishing up the fine work before sticking the thicker needle into the already open wound to darken them up & that was bad enough :monkey2

Lol i'm not relishing the thought of getting them coloured I think it may be a case of getting it done little & often for them instead of marathon 3-4 hour sessions no way I could sit through that considering the amount of colour & different needles he will need to use :thud:

Aw man sorry to hear that it really sucks when sellers do that.
Hope he starts replying & you get them as well...at least you can sell them on to cover the cost of the extra set.

Thanks again for the comments guys glad you like it :)

Neil

Don't EVER pre-order anything from eBay. More and more you hear people complaining about how usually "reliable" sellers are stiffing them like this. Once you get past that 45 day mark, you're screwed! eBay needs to crack down and put a stop to sellers selling pre-orders.

I certainly won't be doing so again that's for sure and I'll be extra careful if something is priced considerably less than everyone else....the 2 Constructicons were £10 & £15 cheaper than the ebay average which was why I went for them.

soundwave,
Thanks man, the last time I heard from the seller he said he had a relative who was ill so I cut him some slack for that but the total lack of contact in about a month despite my repeated message and the present status of his ebay store just makes me think he was talking crap.

The money being refunded would come in handy but if it's gone it's gone....no point dwelling on it when I've bought 2 replacements.

I certainly won't be doing so again that's for sure and I'll be extra careful if something is priced considerably less than everyone else....the 2 Constructicons were £10 & £15 cheaper than the ebay average which was why I went for them.

Yeah, pretty solid bet in this hobby that if it sounds too good to be true, then more likely than not it is. I've even been seeing of members on here getting screwed over by other members that had been reputable on here for a long time.

Anytime we send money to someone we don't know outside one of these reputable companies like SSC or bbts, we take a risk. I'd say just stick with the reputable companies as much as you can. You may pay a little extra, but for the piece-of-mind, it's worth it IMO.

Good luck, and hopefully you hear back from them, that's it's just some big misunderstanding. I hate seeing people get screwed over like that.

Yeah, pretty solid bet in this hobby that if it sounds too good to be true, then more likely than not it is. I've even been seeing of members on here getting screwed over by other members that had been reputable on here for a long time.

Anytime we send money to someone we don't know outside one of these reputable companies like SSC or bbts, we take a risk. I'd say just stick with the reputable companies as much as you can. You may pay a little extra, but for the piece-of-mind, it's worth it IMO.

Good luck, and hopefully you hear back from them, that's it's just some big misunderstanding. I hate seeing people get screwed over like that.

Living in the UK the best option is usually Kapow Toys but I didn't have the cash for the last 2 Constructicons straight away and they'd sold out of their stock by the time I did which was why I went the ebay route and took a gamble....lesson learned I guess :dunno

On the bright side I got confirmation that the ones I've bought another seller will be posted on Wednesday so I'll finally have Herc finished by the weekend! :)

That sucks.

That sucks.

Indeed it does. I've found another contact e-mail so I'm going to try and see if the seller will reply from that account....nothing ventured and all that.

EDIT
It looks like the Fans Toys Soundwave project is dead in the water although it's not yet clear why,
https://www.fullmetalhero.com/t7750/

If true that would suck big time but given the nature of the 3rd party scene I imagine someone else will have a go at doing one or even buy the Fans Toys design.

Last edited:
EDIT
It looks like the Fans Toys Soundwave project is dead in the water although it's not yet clear why,
https://www.fullmetalhero.com/t7750/

If true that would suck big time but given the nature of the 3rd party scene I imagine someone else will have a go at doing one or even buy the Fans Toys design.

I just died a little inside :(

I was so stoked for this figure :(

I'm hoping it's not the start of a run of 3rd Party companies being forced to shut down production of "similar" looking figures.
That would be a sad day for us as fans.

I just hope that it's becuase Has/Tak are planning an official MP Soundwave & it's due sooner than we all think.

Still whatever the reason it's sad sad news :(

Neil

I just died a little inside :(

I was so stoked for this figure :(

I'm hoping it's not the start of a run of 3rd Party companies being forced to shut down production of "similar" looking figures.
That would be a sad day for us as fans.

I just hope that it's becuase Has/Tak are planning an official MP Soundwave & it's due sooner than we all think.

Still whatever the reason it's sad sad news :(

Neil

Me too, I just sold Music Label Soundwave to make way for it as well :(

What annoys me more is that they were going to make Blaster and Shockwave next so if Has/Tak have had anything to do with Fans Toys being shut down I will never even consider buying their products again.

I did get some good news today, the 2 TFC Constructicons I bought to replace the ones that have gone AWOL have been posted so I'll finally get Devastator completed! :yess:

I did get some good news today, the 2 TFC Constructicons I bought to replace the ones that have gone AWOL have been posted so I'll finally get Devastator completed! :yess:

good to see ya post some good news :lol

I POed the Maketoys green giant. It's a lot cheaper than trying to get all of the TFC toys, and I prefer the look of the Maketoys over TFC's, too. Did you pick up the crazydevy upgrades for the Hercules yet? The new shoulders, forearms and head?

Me too, I just sold Music Label Soundwave to make way for it as well :(

What annoys me more is that they were going to make Blaster and Shockwave next so if Has/Tak have had anything to do with Fans Toys being shut down I will never even consider buying their products again.

Ah man that sucks.
I always wanted a Music Lable but just never got round to picking one up.

Yeah I know I was going to get Blaster as well so I'm not best pleased to see what's going on now & hope it turns out to not be true & we still see that Fans Toys are alive & kicking & that we get the Soundwave we deserve

I actually haven't bought anything from Has/Tak since Masterpiece Rodimus...they have failed me miserably lately & make nothing I have even a remote interest in so it would be no loss to me if they never made another TF again.

I'd much sooner give my money to a 3rd party developer who actually give us fans what we want & if what happens here sounds the death bell for that then I will be a sad sad bunny :monkey2

I can only hope we hear from Fans Toys soon & it's all a big bad rumour.

Excellent news on the replacements, hope they arrive soon :)

Neil

good to see ya post some good news :lol

I POed the Maketoys green giant. It's a lot cheaper than trying to get all of the TFC toys, and I prefer the look of the Maketoys over TFC's, too. Did you pick up the crazydevy upgrades for the Hercules yet? The new shoulders, forearms and head?

:)

Giant looks nice combined and alt modes are better than TFC but the individual robots look too scrawny for my liking.

The set with the new stuff for Herc is actually from TFC and I'm currently unsure about whether to bother getting it.

I'm not keen on the extra forearms as for me one of the main upgrades TFC made to the G1 design was the reduction of partsforming so that for me is a step backwards.

I'm also fine with the stock head so I don't really need a new one and certainly wouldn't display that ridiculous looking "rage" face unless it was for comic effect.....maybe pose Arcee bending over with Herc behind her :lol

The G1 gun might be a nice alternative option although the existing gun can be configured various ways and I also have a WST Shockwave for an alternate weapon.

The new shoulders will improve the articulation further which is probably the part I'd want most but I'm not sure whether it's worth paying out for the whole set just to get those bits.

soundwave,
The Music Label figure is very good especially with the reprolabels set and the only real issue I had was the size as he's quite a bit shorter than the G1 toy.

There's a lot of scaremongering in the TF community....look at all the people that claimed TFC would never finish Herc so maybe Fans Toys are going off the radar for a bit whilst they get Soundwave finished.

iGear have recently had a lot of flak for announcing new stuff before perpetually delayed products like Ironhide & Ratchet have shipped so maybe they're learning from that and not going the same route.

3rd parties have kept me intrested in collectign TF's this past 2-3 years and if they go the way of the dodo then I'll just collect something else.

I think the Prime toys look like garbage, I don't need video game toys masquerading as Classics and after that it'll be the 4th Bayformers movie and a few thousand more Deluxe Bumblebees....no thanks.

The next "must have" for me is MMC's Hearts of Steel Shockwave especially after seeing color pics as the purple plastic has a metallic finish to it which looks awesome and the size of the robot mode ( around 10" ) makes him suitably big and intimidating and the gunboat alt mode is pretty damn cool as well.

Yeah, these indications suck... but until we get some kind of confirmation, that's all they are - indications. Not fact.

Even if it is true, we may see it from another third party company, given that all the design work is already done.

Back