ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big fan of TF:A too but it's not really that bad seeing different incarnations of the transformers. I guess it's geared towards the new generations of kids today. :)

Dont get me wrong, i like seeing new versions of transformers, one of the reasons i rate the movies so highly infact. But TF:A took it too far.

My position on Animated,

The actual show = Awful. No redeeming features whatsoever.

The toys = The best ones are possibly the most accurate to the source material of any TF line ever but there's a lot of crappy ones and I ended up reselling most of them.

My favorites are Leader Megatron, Voyager Prime and Deluxe Blurr.

My position on Animated,

The toys = The best ones are possibly the most accurate to the source material of any TF line ever but there's a lot of crappy ones and I ended up reselling most of them.

My favorites are Leader Megatron, Voyager Prime and Deluxe Blurr.

Yep. Saying they are accurate to the source material isnt really saying much though when you think about it. The designs were about as intelligent and detailed as Paris Hiltons face.

Which, coincidentally i also hate.

I love my deluxe Blurr, one of my most favored modern Transformer figures, and Soundwave is not too bad from the animated line as well, i hope to get RC and Hot Rod and then be done with this line.

Oh and on the Impossible Toys site, you can't see jack squat on the products page. Is this company from Canada? US?.

At first I thought the Animated Show was a joke... but honestly... it has a good storyline and has a different take take on transformers.

As far the figures... I think they are amazing, the only issue is sometimes leg or arms pop off the ball-joints. I wish they would have continued making more.

Cant be any worse than the original.

Oh, it is. It's a dub. A horrible dub that is even more kiddy then the original TFA. They cut out 2-3 minutes from each episode to make room for the new intro/outro, and some ____ty family that talks about Transformers trivia and is too cheesy for words. The episodes are shown out of order to promote the toys as they are released, as well.

I have no ____ing idea what Takara is even TRYING to do. They are apparently still going to rewrite it to fit in with the movies and the toys suggest a more mature theme, but then you have the actual show and it's bastardized to be for as young an age group as possible. Just...What the ____.

I strongly have to disagree there. In retrospect TFA had a lot of ____ty episodes, but the good ones were Beast Wars level good. It had a lot of interesting ideas and elements that put a new spin on old themes as well, and I really have to applaud them for that.

I love TFA, I thought they did a very interesting take on the story. Some of the characters are really cool n pay a lot of homage to the G1 counterparts.

Kinda sad that they stopped at season 3 when cool characters like Hot Rod are just being introduced.

Anyway, next Human Alliance fig is Jazz & Captain Lennox, anyone getting it?
https://eshop.tfh.com.sg/product_details.php?prod_id=1242

Anyway, next Human Alliance fig is Jazz & Captain Lennox, anyone getting it?
https://eshop.tfh.com.sg/product_details.php?prod_id=1242

I'll be getting it assuming the "geniuses" at Hasbro UK don't decide to leave it off their list of things to release here.

The latest casualties are,
Animated Arcee and Cybertron mode Ratchet ( Wanted to get Arcee. )
NEST Voyagers ( Was considering getting Bludgeon )

As yet we've still not got official releases of HA Mudflap or Barricade either though I expect we will instead get every new version of Bumblebee in vast quantities that will warm shelves for months.

In general I feel less and less inclined to spend money on Hasbro and just concentrate on Takara only lines like Alternity and various 3rd party items such as FansProject's Warbot which I should have sometime this week.

The latest casualties are,
Animated Arcee and Cybertron mode Ratchet ( Wanted to get Arcee. )
NEST Voyagers ( Was considering getting Bludgeon )

As yet we've still not got official releases of HA Mudflap or Barricade either though I expect we will instead get every new version of Bumblebee in vast quantities that will warm shelves for months.

I ordered the Takara version of Arcee, I hope it's good never saw the Hasbro version locally either.

Is HA Mudflap released already? I got skids & barricade, gave up on sideswipe, just didn't like the big kibble that he has.

I may get HA Jazz as I've never gotten the deluxe Jazz from the first movie except for the G1 repaint.

I ordered the Takara version of Arcee, I hope it's good never saw the Hasbro version locally either.

Is HA Mudflap released already? I got skids & barricade, gave up on sideswipe, just didn't like the big kibble that he has.

I may get HA Jazz as I've never gotten the deluxe Jazz from the first movie except for the G1 repaint.

Yeah Mudflap is out in the USA so I would expect it's also out in Asia.

I owned the Deluxe Movie Jazz about a fortnight then resold it 'cos it was pretty lame. It's awesome that the HA version looks much more like the CGI model in robot mode and has a cool feature where his big cannon turns into a bike for Lennox.

Yes, do want. I wish they would do Ironhide and Ratchet as well; those poor bastards deserve a better voyager-sized mold than what they've got.

IMO it should be a bigger, more accurate Voyager for Ratchet and a Leader Class fpr Ironhide as his GMC Topkick alt mode isn't that different in size to a Peterbilt.

So what do Hasbro do? New Deluxe molds for both :rolleyes:

There is no doubt in my mind that the deluxes are test runs for new voyager molds with TF3. I don't really mind though; Ratchet is a neat little guy, and Ironhide looks like an awesome deluxe that really captures the essence of his movie version. And they both blend in great with figures that are in the same scale as Voyager Starscream, such as Bonecrusher, Blackout, Wreckage, Breakaway, etc. Sure, there are the Robot Replicas who are a similiar size, but transforming figures are always better. :)

There is no doubt in my mind that the deluxes are test runs for new voyager molds with TF3.

Depends whether Hasbro decide to cancel a few dozen of the new Bumblebee molds they're probably planning as I type this and instead invest in new Voyager Class molds for Ironhide & Ratchet.

Right now the only character from TF3 I'm intrested in owning is a Human Alliance styled toy of the Ferrari 458 Autobot who IMO is probably going to be Hot Rod.

I want a Leader/Human Alliance scale Ironhide so, so badly. Nothing disappointed me more than when Jazz/Lennox was announced, because I wanted an Ironhide/Lennox set more than any other TF movie figure.

WFC Optimus Prime review! God, what a gorgeous and awesome little figure!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/k033DM8pgX0&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/k033DM8pgX0&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Normally I buy original boxed sealed TFs, but occasionally I get the Takara reissues. Funny I don't post in here that often since a huge portion of my collection is Transformers based. Anyway, I made the mistake of getting some of the Hasblow G1 reissues. The weapons don't fire, as we all know. The weapons have been either extended or shortened... heck Primes smoke stacks were cut down for child safety standards (like kids will be buying these), anyway... My frustration is with how poorly designed G1 Tracks is. His feet snap off. The plastic holding his feet is made of a very lean thin piece of cheap plastic. I don't understand why they didn't fix that issue since the original had problems I am guessing. That is more on Takara's bad than Hasblow's, but it's Hasblow's decals I hate. When I apply the Takara decals, they stick. No peeling up on the corners. Not Hasblow's. There is no stickiness. Anyone know what kind of glue I could use to make Track's decals stick? I can salvage this crappy toy. I already reglued the pieces back on, and they are much stronger now than they were when the toy was taken straight from out of the packaging.

Anyway, toodles.

Normally I buy original boxed sealed TFs, but occasionally I get the Takara reissues. Funny I don't post in here that often since a huge portion of my collection is Transformers based. Anyway, I made the mistake of getting some of the Hasblow G1 reissues. The weapons don't fire, as we all know. The weapons have been either extended or shortened... heck Primes smoke stacks were cut down for child safety standards (like kids will be buying these), anyway... My frustration is with how poorly designed G1 Tracks is. His feet snap off. The plastic holding his feet is made of a very lean thin piece of cheap plastic. I don't understand why they didn't fix that issue since the original had problems I am guessing. That is more on Takara's bad than Hasblow's, but it's Hasblow's decals I hate. When I apply the Takara decals, they stick. No peeling up on the corners. Not Hasblow's. There is no stickiness. Anyone know what kind of glue I could use to make Track's decals stick? I can salvage this crappy toy. I already reglued the pieces back on, and they are much stronger now than they were when the toy was taken straight from out of the packaging.

Anyway, toodles.

Save yourself the hassle of glue as reprolabels do a replacement set,

https://www.reprolabels.com/Autobots/tracks.php

I've ordered from reprolabels many, many times and have never had any issues with things not sticking properly.

Back