ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only new announcement I'm even a little interested in is toy accurate Megatron. And I'm not interested enough to shell out $200+. Shockwave repaint should come as no shocker. Not familiar with the modified Sunstreaker. Wish we got another new '84-'85 character instead of all this stuff. Jazz, Trailbreaker, Hound, Astrotrain, one of the minibots, etc.

In for all those except BW Megatron. I’m jus not familiar enough to care, but holy **** it looks amazing!

I bet it will cost more than Dinobot?

Agreed on Shocky being overpriced as ****, but IT is the most anticipated release of all of those for me.

In for all those except BW Megatron. I’m jus not familiar enough to care, but holy **** it looks amazing!

I bet it will cost more than Dinobot?

Agreed on Shocky being overpriced as ****, but IT is the most anticipated release of all of those for me.
BW Megatron is one of the best versions of that character; funny, sarcastic, and ruthless. Only one I care for out of all these MPs.

And yes, hope they make an Optimal Optimus, my personal favorite Transformer of all time, and TM2 Megatron

Yeah, it's getting harder to pick these up.

On the plus side, BBTS has a MP sale today. Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet were all $130 each which made them easier to swallow and finally buy. Not going to argue with $4 flat shipping either.

I'll also bite on the proper purple on Shockwave. I hated the lavender colored one.

Proper color is subjective. They did the color scheme based off of the official charts. Although I prefer the darker purple color, the lighter color is accurate As well.

shock06-jpg.27982747

Proper color is subjective. They did the color scheme based off of the official charts. Although I prefer the darker purple color, the lighter color is accurate As well.

shock06-jpg.27982747

Lol. Yeah, I got the lavender one and I’m actually fine with it. The color does make it
look very different from the G1 toy, but like you said, it is accurate to how he appeared on the cartoon. I can understand why a lot of people want the darker purple one, but I’m going to stick with the first release.

For me, it's not worth shelling out $100 more than the older figure cost for a newer coat of paint. But hey, Takara is giving some of the collectors what they want. I am curious about the increased cost, though.

The darker purple one is described as “animation accurate” on TT’s website, and it seems to match the Movie colors. Who knows.

It is a TT Mall exclusive, hence the price hike (cone heads anyone?). Said coneheads are now on sale at BBTS for $130.

There’s nothing to say to justify this price though. It is wrong plain and simple. But it is what it is, no way I’m passing on this and that toy megs.

I agree "proper color" is subjective, but let me clarify my comment. I'm aiming for toy-accurate colors and stickers in my MP collection (ToyHax gets a lot of business from me on stickers!). Thus, I consider the darker purple Shockwave to be the "proper" one since it better matches the original toy. And since I named my car after Shockwave, I'm willing to plunk down the extra hundred to upgrade to a darker purple one :)

I generally dislike the anime colored versions of MP characters because they lack the charm of the original toys with chrome and silver being washed out with greys or whites. Megatron in dull grey looks terrible to me. The blue windows and headlights are another nuisance with newer MP figures.

r_laserwave-mp-29-275.jpg

The “toy versions” of both Shockwave and Megatron do look really sharp, but at that price point, I probably won’t double dip. I’ve already got a third party “toy” head and chest piece for Megatron, and although it’s not the more toy accurate chrome color that the official Takara one has, I think it’s close enough for me. Now if they really do release a new, more toon accurate Optimus as is rumored, I’ll probably bite.

If the chrome Megs also comes with animation heads. . .I might have to buy.

As for Shockwave, the most iconic version of him in my eyes is this cover from the comic book, which looks like the newer figure.

Transformers_Vol_1_5_Direct.jpg

Had both variations been released at the same time for the same price, I would go for the darker one.

The full review for Iron Factory's IF EX-30 is up! https://kumastyledesigns.com/iron-factory-cygnus-review/

Overall it's one of the finest Legends-scaled figures I've ever laid eyes or hands on. Fantastic build, sculpt, and articulation that honestly puts it on par with pieces like those in the MakeToys Cross-Dimension line. The review breaks it down, but here are a few pics from the gallery:

15-108.png

13-133.png

5-186.png

A size comparison mockup as well:

12-140.png

BW Megatron is one of the best versions of that character; funny, sarcastic, and ruthless. Only one I care for out of all these MPs.

And yes, hope they make an Optimal Optimus, my personal favorite Transformer of all time, and TM2 Megatron

I love BW Megatron. He knows he's not THE Megatron but makes up with it in charm, sense of humor and sly. I love it the Decepticons mock him for his lack of an army, but he ends up as the man with the plan all along.

I got the MMC Rumble and Frenzy yesterday. Great figures. 1000% upgrades to the stock tapes. And not only do they look the part, but they have the feel of a real quality Masterpiece style figure. Some of the MP style figures I've had from other companies don't have the same level of quality.

72c1d957191a7595427c5d140dd42f3b.jpg
84963aab1b727989141288767391f1c9.jpg
9edafe0f0270a195c1fb4d8b655ac57a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back