ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think im doomed as well. And i dont even have my figures yet.

Pre ordered Soundwave due to sheer nostalgia, he's supposed to be my first MP, then told myself i wont get another. Megatron shows up, tried my best to ignore him, within 2 minutes i pressed the pre order button.

So i said to myself, Megatron and Soundwave should be fine...that should be it.

Now i have Shockwave, Starscream, and a DX9 Astrotrain on order. Im doomed. I dont even want to buy a single autobot...i dont want to go down that other path hahaha

LOL

Grimlock started to get lonely as the only Dinobot. Enter FansToys. Started saying I would just get the 4 to go with Grimlock. Ended up with Reflector, Perceptor, Bombshell, Skrapnel, and waiting on more, haha.

Amazon Japan Shipping

Does anyone understand the inconsistencies in Amazon Japan's shipping availability to the United States? Those who pre-ordered Inferno have seen their orders now shipped, but now that the product is in stock - new orders cannot be shipped to the United States. Likewise, the next two Masterpiece releases - Grapple & Megatron - are available for pre-order & shipped to the United States.

What gives?

Re: Amazon Japan Shipping

Does anyone understand the inconsistencies in Amazon Japan's shipping availability to the United States? Those who pre-ordered Inferno have seen their orders now shipped, but now that the product is in stock - new orders cannot be shipped to the United States. Likewise, the next two Masterpiece releases - Grapple & Megatron - are available for pre-order & shipped to the United States.

What gives?

Probably only marketplace sellers now with the figures in stock & they wont ship outside of Japan

Neil

Re: Amazon Japan Shipping

What gives?

Please only look for shipped and sold by Amazon.jp

Amazon.jp is the only one who has a global shipping program. Stand alone marketplace sellers are not allowed to participate in the global shipping program. a marketplace seller can be a small business or an individual like myself who can list an item for sale and sell through Amazon. I will show up in search results if I listed under same category as the official Amazon.jp listing.

This is the Same thing that happens on the US Amazon site.

Also Walmart now has third party marketplace selling so same idea where anyone can sell an item. All these sites have realized eBay is big business and these sites want to cash in by offering marketplace selling like eBay.

Hope this helps explain in detail.

Yeah. To be on the safe side, PO early from Amazon JP (ship and sold by). I ordered Inferno a while back from AE, so I couldn't cancel it. But I have every other MP revealed since then on order from Amazon JP. One can only hope they would offer Dirge once he is finally (officially) announced.

Yeah. To be on the safe side, PO early from Amazon JP (ship and sold by). I ordered Inferno a while back from AE, so I couldn't cancel it. But I have every other MP revealed since then on order from Amazon JP. One can only hope they would offer Dirge once he is finally (officially) announced.

Dirge may be a tough one to be offered on Amazon.jp becuase its a Takara Tomy mall exclusive like Ramjet, Thrust are. Ill be on the lookout either way.

Grapple Amazon Japan.jpgInferno Amazon Japan.jpg
Probably only marketplace sellers now with the figures in stock & they wont ship outside of Japan

Neil

Please only look for shipped and sold by Amazon.jp

Amazon.jp is the only one who has a global shipping program. Stand alone marketplace sellers are not allowed to participate in the global shipping program. a marketplace seller can be a small business or an individual like myself who can list an item for sale and sell through Amazon. I will show up in search results if I listed under same category as the official Amazon.jp listing.

This is the Same thing that happens on the US Amazon site.

Also Walmart now has third party marketplace selling so same idea where anyone can sell an item. All these sites have realized eBay is big business and these sites want to cash in by offering marketplace selling like eBay.

Hope this helps explain in detail.

Thanks for the replies, guys. 3rd party marketplace sellers was my first guess as well, but that's actually not the case. Inferno for example is still being shipped & fullfilled by amazon.co.jp - just like the pre-order for Grapple - but the "In Stock" figure can't be shipped to the United States while the "Pre-Order" can. Very strange.

Last edited:
View attachment 306663View attachment 306664

Thanks for the replies, guys. 3rd party marketplace sellers was my first guess as well, but that's actually not the case. Inferno for example is still being shipped & fullfilled by amazon.co.jp - just like the pre-order for Grapple - but the "In Stock" figure can't be shipped to the United States while the "Pre-Order" can. Very strange.

That is weird. Maybe they are fulfilling PO's and then they'll ship the remaining stock? Makes no sense otherwise.

Found this on FB,

c5cad00517e08523df2ec06985655b23.jpg

Jesus. It's amazing to me how TT makes all else look obsolete.

Can't wait for this guy!

That is weird. Maybe they are fulfilling PO's and then they'll ship the remaining stock? Makes no sense otherwise.

Found this on FB,

Can't wait for this guy!
The Chosen Prime has a full video review up for Inferno, including that comparison with the 3rd party offerings. Great figure! Not sure if I want Inferno or Grapple more, though.

Found this on FB,

Can't wait for this guy!

The one on the right is hands down better than the others. Followed by the one on the left. Im just not a fan of that slavish devotion to dodgy 80's animation look

The one on the right is hands down better than the others. Followed by the one on the left. Im just not a fan of that slavish devotion to dodgy 80's animation look

My opinion too
MMC (on the right) is by far & away the best of the 3
I own Maketoys & its a great figure but MMC have him beat

Takaras version is weak by comparrison
The lack of any details around the figure (legs etc.) makes it look so bland & unappealing

I'm ok with my one but I wish I'd waited on MMC version before commiting
I do feel I made the right decision by not bothering with Takara though, they failed here by sticking too close to the animation model & it just doesn't work

Neil

Anybody have or seen pics yet of Inferno with the Fire Department stickers added to the cab? You can see them very small on the back of the box:

file.php

Anybody have or seen pics yet of Inferno with the Fire Department stickers added to the cab? You can see them very small on the back of the box:

file.php

Those stickers are very cool. BTW I did try to replicate what you did by adding Inferno to my cart and even though it said in stock and shipped and sold by Amazon.jp it still wouldn't allow me to ship to my address. I added Megatron and it does allow me to order Megatron but not Inferno. Very odd.
Oh well just waiting to pay for shipping at AE

All is opinion and this is just mine. I definitely have not been a fan of Takara's MPs since like… Bumblebee I guess? I love the MMC Inferno. I don't even have any attachment to the character, I just think MMC's looks so good as a design and as a toy.

That said, Takara does do some neat stuff with accesories but hat's about the best I can say for them, at least in terms of my own personal likes and dislikes.

I hate to admit this, but when I have down time, I will watch a few G1 cartoon episodes. The Cartoon means a lot to me, so I do appreciate what Takara is doing.

I hate to admit this, but when I have down time, I will watch a few G1 cartoon episodes. The Cartoon means a lot to me, so I do appreciate what Takara is doing.

No reason to. There's many that hold the cartoon in a higher regard than the toys than came with it. The cartoon was something all were able to enjoy, while not many were able to have all the toys. I loved them as a kid, but some of them were truly ****. Look at the Ironhide we have now, it's like he literally came out of the screen. And transforms into a real life van to boot.

I'll never be able to thank TT enough for bringing such joy to my life, as it is something I'm planning on sharing with my boy.

Having said that, there's plenty of other options for those that feel strongly against the direction TT is taking. So, everyone is happy.

But TT is the best.

No reason to. There's many that hold the cartoon in a higher regard than the toys than came with it. The cartoon was something all were able to enjoy, while not many were able to have all the toys. I loved them as a kid, but some of them were truly ****. Look at the Ironhide we have now, it's like he literally came out of the screen. And transforms into a real life van to boot.

I'll never be able to thank TT enough for bringing such joy to my life, as it is something I'm planning on sharing with my boy.

Having said that, there's plenty of other options for those that feel strongly against the direction TT is taking. So, everyone is happy.
But TT is the best.

I think that's why I collect on the heavy side now is because I didn't have a ton of Transformers as a kid, but I did watch every episode of the cartoon which will be with me forever.

Back