ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those in the US please note that Amazon Japan only allows Shipping to the US if shipped and sold by Amazon Japan.

Third party sellers are not part of the Global Shipping program.

The wait continues for MP Megatron.

All of you in the US, careful ordering this particular toy from overseas. It does not matter if it comes in robot mode, if it does not have the plug, it will most likely be sent back.

Happened to me when MP-05 was released. Ended up getting it from BBTS.

All of you in the US, careful ordering this particular toy from overseas. It does not matter if it comes in robot mode, if it does not have the plug, it will most likely be sent back.

Happened to me when MP-05 was released. Ended up getting it from BBTS.

yeah i've heard that too from some other folks... makes you wonder how they would even know to get in the box to start sniffing around?

It was a long time ago but I think I ordered my MP05 from Japan and I managed to get it. But it is certainly a crap shoot.

I also had a box of Judge Dredd omnibus books from Amazon.co.uk tossed by customs. The books were totally trashed.

Sorry for the misleading post folks, I was browsing Amazon on my Phone & didn't translate properly so when I saw it I just posted...sorry about that.

I think I must be broken...I have every opportunity to pre-order Megs from loads of places but I just can't bring myself to do it
I don't know it it's price that's stopping me or that I don't really know what I want to buy & I'm suffering burnout from too much choice.

I mean at the moment not only is there Megatron on my radar but these older or upcoming figures that I really want too...

MP Ultra Magnus
FT Galvatron
XT Scourge
XT Cyclonus
MMC Trailbreaker
BC Sunsurge
BC Gears

Obviously Megs should trump them all...it's MF'ing Megatron after all but I just can't pull the bloody trigger, just something niggling away at me.

Neil

I feel the same way, the price is a turn off but not the only dissuading factor. I think he looks amazing in some photos, especially the "It's over Prime." pose. But the pictures that show his shoulders bother me as there are so many pieces and gaps. I have Apollyon and I'm happy with him. The legs and face are definitely better on the official but I have my MPs on the bottom two rows of my Detolfs, so I'd always be looking down at those ugly shoulders with no way to obscure them, whereas I can cover up the gap between Apollyons legs with some careful posing.

I went through the same dilemma with Shockwave, as I already had Quakewave. In the end I didn't bother picking up another version of the same character, although if I did it would have probably been Quakeblast.

Ordered Megs from AnimeExport. Paid $151 and change. I'll stick with what's been working for me. Don't want to be a guinea pig for Amazon JP, lol.

This is one of those times where im glad i was able to talk to my friend in japan again haha

Was able to get starscream, soundwave, and megs, plus the cassette tapes. Package that size, customs and taxes would slaughter me here in my country. So im just having HLJ ship the cons to my friend's at tokyo for 2 dollars. He'll hand carry them all when he visits me here on May. I'll have to wait a month but the savings i'll make for the shipping + customs tax would more than make up for it...especially for megatrons price (which will prob be 230 dollars ++ here)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Megatron is finally up at Amazon japan. It says 16,296 yen. So 162 USD when I add to my cart it shows Shipping will cost 4,111 yen. So 40.00. Total 204USD

For me I'm going with AE for the 151.00 price plus shipping which will be around 35.00. I'm hoping to stack with other Pre orders I already have to save on shipping.

Sorry Amazon.jp you still cant be that 30% off the top that AE offers

/

Megatron is finally up at Amazon japan. It says 16,296 yen. So 162 USD when I add to my cart it shows Shipping will cost 4,111 yen. So 40.00. Total 204USD

For me I'm going with AE for the 151.00 price plus shipping which will be around 35.00. I'm hoping to stack with other Pre orders I already have to save on shipping.

Sorry Amazon.jp you still cant be that 30% off the top that AE offers

/

Mine ends up being 20,407 yen, which happens to be $187 at the current ER, shipped to my door from Amazon Japan. That, and the ability to modify my order at any time is what makes it the best option for me. Might get two.

Also, Amazon offers you the guaranteed cheapest price available, so if it ever drops, you are guaranteed to get that price. That and the fact you you have actual customer service. Amazon just changed the game IMO. I bet many stores are pissed because they won't be able to compete anymore.

Nippon Yassan has been known for upping up the shipping once the item releases, requesting more money from customers. Not cool.

With this many options, many trusted overseas sellers to choose from, all of them for less than $200 shipped (even less) whoever pays US retail prices for Megatron and deems it expensive is truly just not even trying. But hey, keep dropping $250 + on HT o SSC dolls. Because those are fairly priced. Right.

Already the best selling toy at amazon.jp.

Last edited:
Mine ends up being 20,407 yen, which happens to be $187 at the current ER, shipped to my door from Amazon Japan. That, and the ability to modify my order at any time is what makes it the best option for me. Might get two.

Also, Amazon offers you the guaranteed cheapest price available, so if it ever drops, you are guaranteed to get that price. That and the fact you you have actual customer service. Amazon just changed the game IMO. I bet many stores are pissed because they won't be able to compete anymore.

Nippon Yassan has been known for upping up the shipping once the item releases, requesting more money from customers. Not cool.

With this many options, many trusted overseas sellers to choose from, all of them for less than $200 shipped (even less) whoever pays US retail prices for Megatron and deems it expensive is truly just not even trying. But hey, keep dropping $250 + on HT o SSC dolls. Because those are fairly priced. Right.

Already the best selling toy at amazon.jp.

The funny thing is I didnt even calculate the Yen price as of today. The yen has been almost equal to the USD. I paid for my AE order and thats when I noticed paypal gave me 106.35 Yen for my dollar. So I paid 151.38.

From amount $151.38 USD
To amount ¥16,100 JPY
Exchange rate: 1 U.S. Dollar = 106.358 Japanese Yen

Fran when you placed the Amazon JP order do they charge your credit card today to lock in the Yen price? Also Amazon japan may not have the same customer service that Amazon US has. Have you called them to try it out? Just to ask them questions to see how they respond. As for price drops that's not guaranteed too. I was not able to find the same policy that is for price drop on a pre order price adjustment.

This Amazon JP is very new to us and nobody here can confirm the full process from start to finish for a pre order. The only people who bought something like MP Primal have confirmed the process for IN Stock ordering only.

The funny thing is I didnt even calculate the Yen price as of today. The yen has been almost equal to the USD. I paid for my AE order and thats when I noticed paypal gave me 106.35 Yen for my dollar. So I paid 151.38.

From amount$151.38 USD
To amount¥16,100 JPY
Exchange rate: 1 U.S. Dollar = 106.358 Japanese Yen

Fran when you placed the Amazon JP order do they charge your credit card today to lock in the Yen price? Also Amazon japan may not have the same customer service that Amazon US has. Have you called them to try it out? Just to ask them questions to see how they respond. As for price drops that's not guaranteed too. I was not able to find the same policy that is for price drop on a pre order price adjustment.

This Amazon JP is very new to us and nobody here can confirm the full process from start to finish for a pre order. The only people who bought something like MP Primal have confirmed the process for IN Stock ordering only.

True. I'm willing to give them a shot though, but it all sounds great as of now. Many TFW members have stated that the PO price was actually a bit higher than it is now, and Amazon JP lowered the price on those existing PO's.

We'll see.

I just ordered from the Japanese Amazon site. It is a bit of a gamble, but I've had plenty of experience with the U.S. Amazon, and it's been good by and large. Price is good.

True. I'm willing to give them a shot though, but it all sounds great as of now. Many TFW members have stated that the PO price was actually a bit higher than it is now, and Amazon JP lowered the price on those existing PO's.

We'll see.

That is very cool that the PO prices are adjusted. Well I guess next April we will see who actually pays less. I'm at 151.00 plus whatever shipping will be. I normally wait till I have at least two figures to ship to even out the shipping.

Either way its a win win for all of us. Now we need the Yen value to keep on going down. I know at the beginning part of this year we were getting 122 yen for every dollar. Today its at 109, but when you pay with paypal they take a little so I got 106 yen to 1 USD.

/

If we see Trump really pulling out of various international trade deals, the dollar is likely to suffer pretty heavily as a result, for what it's worth. Same thing if we pull out of the Middle East and have less leverage over oil.

Back