ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys had a top 5 (among the masterpiece figures) which ones would they be?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

If you guys had a top 5 (among the masterpiece figures) which ones would they be?

For me, here are my favorites, not necessarily the "best":

1. Prowl (Bluestreak has a better head, though)
2. Starscream ( though it would have been better if the grey was painted)
3. Prime
4. Soundwave and tapes
5. Bumblebee

Though they are all pretty great post MP10.

This is soooo selective I doubt any 2 answers will be the same

Mine would be...not in order as it changes almost daily but these are definitely my top 5

Soundwave
Wheeljack
Bluestreak
Mirage
Hound

Although where I have Bluestreak you could more or less put any of the Nissans in there...they are all so amazing & probably THE best mold in the entire Takara MP line

Neil

1. Star Saber
2. Starscream
3. Tracks
4. Prowl
5. Soundwave

I'd have to reshuffle the list if Sphinx, J4ZZ, and Willis from 3P company's are involved though.

I'd have to reshuffle the list if Sphinx, J4ZZ, and Willis from 3P company's are involved though.

I agree we you if MMC Sphinx was official. Its the best Mirage out and even if Takara makes a Mirage down the line, I'm totally happy with the engineering and build quality of Sphinx. I have all three of them now. Original, TFCON Toronto, TFCON Chicago. :)

As for Official I'm putting Takara Soundwave as the best MP that Takara has put out so far.
Takara IronHide is really a second for me.
Takara WheelJack is a Third.
Takara Ultra Magnus
Takara Starscream Coronation version.

To Eric Magnus, Please understand Hasbro masterpiece may be a little different than Takara MP. Hasbro focuses on Toy colors, and Takara focuses on Cartoon colors.
An example of this is Soundwave. Hasbro made his eyes Yellow, and Takara made them Red.

/

Sorry if I missed this. It I was wondering if anyone know if they will be making all of the classics like prime and soundwave in the " war in pocket" collection.

The very best Transformers figures are not made by Hasbro/Tomy, but Wei Jiang and others.

1. Wei Jiang Oversized MPP-10 Optimus Prime
  • Larger than MP-10, scales better with other Masterpiece figs
  • Much cheaper than MP-10
  • More detailed than MP-10
  • Metal parts!
  • Better paint than Mp-10
  • More articulation

2. Wei Jiang Oversized Evasion Mode Optimus Prime
  • MUCH, Much Larger than Tomy, scales better with other Masterpiece figs
  • MUCH more detailed
  • Metal parts
  • Best paint
  • More articulation

3. Cloud 9-W01-QUAKEBLAST (Quakewave) review

4. Soundwave

5. Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen

Would it be a problem buying Megatron from japan shops if you're in the U.S. if the orange plug is missing? Would the package be confiscated at the post office?

Would it be a problem buying Megatron from japan shops if you're in the U.S. if the orange plug is missing? Would the package be confiscated at the post office?

I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about. I get packages from overseas all the time and have never had a problem. They'll probably package him in robot mode again anyway.

Nice! Any estimate how much shipping does amiami charge for Megatron? Do they also bullet proof pack like HLJ?

From TFormers

TakaraTomy Mall has put up a product page for the new Masterpiece Megatron. While it has not been populated with any images yet, there is some official information provided. First up, the retail price is confirmed, with the listing posted at 24,480 Yen (23,000 + 8% tax). This leaves it on roughly equal footing with MP-10 Optimus as the most expensive (non exclusive) Masterpiece releases. The page also gives some information about the figure's features, plus the planned release timeframe. Keep reading to find out more!

Right now, MP-36 is expected to be released in early April, probably meaning April 1 or April 8. Though the listing is not that specific itself, it's easy to infer based on TakaraTomy's typical behavior with Transformers of releasing new products on weekends.

The basic information notes that two LR44 button cell batteries are required. The listing goes on to describe that Megatron will have "sound and voice" features, so you can expect Megatron to shout phrases recorded by the Japanese voice actor for the character, and possibly have sound effects as well. These electronics may represent a portion of the cost of this release.

However, taking in to account the large silencer and stock, which converts to a display/flight stand for the robot, the overall amount of material and parts is a bigger culprit in the cost which has shocked many. Much like Optimus Prime's trailer, a large part of this package will be non-figure accessories that bring the figure to a basic level of completion. Though stock and silencer may not feel equivalent to a trailer combat deck that they should add up to the same retail cost, economic factors have also changed over the years.

Wish they would include english phrases from the '86 movie too.

Soundwave (reissue) will be coming this april...then they hit us with megatron. And since soundwave's going to be my first masterpiece figure, i couldnt help but preorder megatron as well. I could already imagine them standing next to each other. April's going to be tough on my wallet. 😢

Back