ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My issues with Grinder are different from most people I feel. To me it just doesn't make enough of an effort to differentiate itself from MP-08. It just looks like a bigger bulkier version when they could have done stuff like add more articulation for the Dino mode. The head has the exact same articulation as MP Grimlock while they could have added something like Planet X Vulcan's pull out neck joint.

The proportions bother me too. The chest is just too wide and the lower half of the torso is too small. It really mucks with his look.

Grinder is a complete swing and a miss on all levels. Weird considering how good Stomp was.

So, I was browsing Amazon.com.jp (Amazon's Japan site) and it seems that it now lets you order toys? I knew that they were allowing Videogames to be shipped to the US back in march, but not toys....

I put an order for MP Grapple (has to be sold and shipped by amazon.jp, not third party) and it went trough! It works just like amazon, so no charge until the item comes in stock... Grapple ends up being $112, shipped. That's cheaper than any other Japan/export site as far as I know!!!

Has anyone had any experiences ordering toys with Amazon.jp before? will my order be cancelled? Many people on TFW said they plan to order Megatron (the real thing) there to avoid the orange plug, but I just didn't know if they used a Japan address, but it seems that that's not the case!

A game changer if true, which seems to be.

MP Primal ends up being $100!

Last edited:
So, I was browsing Amazon.com.jp (Amazon's Japan site) and it seems that it now lets you order toys? I knew that they were allowing Videogames to be shipped to the US back in march, but not toys....

I put an order for MP Grapple (has to be sold and shipped by amazon.jp, not third party) and it went trough! It works just like amazon, so no charge until the item comes in stock... Grapple ends up being $112, shipped. That's cheaper than any other Japan/export site as far as I know!!!

Has anyone had any experiences ordering toys with Amazon.jp before? will my order be cancelled? Many people on TFW said they plan to order Megatron (the real thing) there to avoid the orange plug, but I just didn't know if they used a Japan address, but it seems that that's not the case!

This was announced last week that Amazon.jp is now shipping anything to US. You can also get in on lightning deals like yesterday they had MP Delta Magnus for 117 shipped.

You can still make out a little better with AE if you are willing to wait and stack two to three figures to save on shipping. Waiting months in between releases is very hard so you really have to want to save money. I still haven't shipped Ratchet 😀

/

This was announced last week that Amazon.jp is now shipping anything to US. You can also get in on lightning deals like yesterday they had MP Delta Magnus for 117 shipped.

You can still make out a little better with AE if you are willing to wait and stack two to three figures to save on shipping. Waiting months in between releases is very hard so you really have to want to save money. I still haven't shipped Ratchet ��

/

That's insane! He's now $140 shipped, which is about $50 less than most US stores anyway!!!

Well, I now know where I'm buying MP's for the foreseeable future, as I don't really like the wait for more items to come out and save on shipping.

I made the same observation and am causitously optimistic for the same reasons. I've yet to place an order, but made it all the way to the final page just to confirm it seems possible (they used to stop me the momen I chose my address). I agree with you: game changer if we can order from Amazon JP going forward.

I made the same observation and am causitously optimistic for the same reasons. I've yet to place an order, but made it all the way to the final page just to confirm it seems possible (they used to stop me the momen I chose my address). I agree with you: game changer if we can order from Amazon JP going forward.

Order both Grapple and Inferno now!!!! It's about $200!

I preordered Optimus Primal from Anime Export for the first time. I heard they were reputable from these forums. I have hit the shipped button but they have not responded back with how much the shipping will be. It's been about a week with no response. Is this common from these guys? I'm beginning to regret ordering overseas now.

How are you guys traversing the Amazing JP site? It's all in Japanese so I'm not even sure what I'm clicking! How do you enter your account details?
There is a link at the bottom of the page where their page will translate much of the information for you (you see a little button worth a Japanese flag--click the one next to it). And you can couple that with Google translator to decode more of it. But I also found a YouTube page that walked me through it, as I was confused about the second name entry spot.

I preordered Optimus Primal from Anime Export for the first time. I heard they were reputable from these forums. I have hit the shipped button but they have not responded back with how much the shipping will be. It's been about a week with no response. Is this common from these guys? I'm beginning to regret ordering overseas now.

I have ordered from them many times. There is no customer service person to speak to.

Once you click ship you will get an email within a few hours telling you how much shipping will cost and an option to pay your shipping fee.

You may want to check your spam filter. They will send the email to the same address you used for your account.

You can also log into your account and if you scroll down you will have an option to pay for shipping.

Like I said there is nobody to speak to or communicate with via email but I assure you the order system works. I have been using them for 5 years now.

I hope this helps explain the process.

/

How are you guys traversing the Amazing JP site? It's all in Japanese so I'm not even sure what I'm clicking! How do you enter your account details?

The best thing to do is create an amazon.jp account. This will be different than your normal Amazon accout. Once created there is an option using a desktop/laptop browser at the top of the page that allows you to select English. Once selected you will receive an email from Amazon.jp saying your language preference is set to English.

Please note you still need to use google translate for the body description of the product, but the main title and shipping options will all be in English. At this time you can only buy when it's shipped and sold by Amazon.jp.

Hope this helps explain the process. This is all new to US folks that they are shipping to us now. I works just fine and people in US have confirmed they were able to buy Optimus Primal and receive it no problem.

/

All things transformers!!!!

I also happen to have an Amazon Prime credit card (only good for amazon, not the visa, amazon rewards one) and I can confirm that it won't take those. It has to have a major logo on it (visa, MC, etc).

Bummer, as it is a great card if you shop at Amazon a lot, which I do.

Either way, this is a HUGE RIP to all other import places really, unless they step up somehow. The shipping Amazon JP offers is extremely competitive! Hell, its cheaper than SSC here in the US!

I have ordered from them many times. There is no customer service person to speak to.

Once you click ship you will get an email within a few hours telling you how much shipping will cost and an option to pay your shipping fee.

You may want to check your spam filter. They will send the email to the same address you used for your account.

You can also log into your account and if you scroll down you will have an option to pay for shipping.

Like I said there is nobody to speak to or communicate with via email but I assure you the order system works. I have been using them for 5 years now.

I hope this helps explain the process.

/

Thank you. I probably deleted it by accident but I did not receive an email. Thank goodness under the "My Orders" tab, there was a "Pay for Shipping" option. Once I selected that, I saw my order with how much to pay for shipping. Thanks again. I was getting worried because no one was responding.

Thank you. I probably deleted it by accident but I did not receive an email. Thank goodness under the "My Orders" tab, there was a "Pay for Shipping" option. Once I selected that, I saw my order with how much to pay for shipping. Thanks again. I was getting worried because no one was responding.

Yeah unfortunately there is no customer service from AE. You get 30% off of the Pre order figures, but lose the customer service aspect. Knock on wood I have not had any issues, and have gotten use to their system over the years.

HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) Has Great customer service. They offer 20% off of retail and you don't have to pre pay. You can cancel the PO anytime before release. Its as smooth as ordering from BBTS. Once again Shipping is expensive if you are buying single figures. HLJ only allows you to stack your orders for 60 days so you really have to time it right where AE doesn't seem to care. I still have not shipped Ratchet :)

-Mike

Moving forward I may start using Amazon Japan now due to their shipping rates being better as of right now. Who knows that can change as well with a new year right around the corner.

/

Does anyone else think there will be any "special" releases of MP Primal like the clear or translucent red version of the original toy?

Back