ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...judging by those comparison pics, Soverign isn't quite out and out inpressive as i thought. Its still better than Tyrant but not massively so. Soverign has a better head sculpt and i prefer the feet however, from behind, Tyrant is much cleaner by the looks of things and has a nicer richer purple to Soverign's almost bluish hue. Tough choice!

I see that you've noticed the color too. I hope it's just the light.

But Tyrant is also miss-transformed to hell, so the guy is obviously promoting the FT one. It still looks great, but just not all that AMAZING as I thought he was going to. Although he was bluish in the movie, and lavender in the cartoon. To buy or wait for TT and then resell this... decisions decisions!

Oh, and MP Thrust will be at my doorstep on Monday!!!!

Tyrant was supposed to be my Sovereign stand-in since I wanted a Galvatron in my collection last year but yeah, judging from those comparison photos, I'm glad I didn't exactly hold my breathe. Now, I can focus on which Sringer to get.

Just saw another picture where Sovereign looks an entirely different shade.

14600936_10154168435492746_4113267539639727041_n.jpg

Hope it's closer to this shade in person than the previous photos.

Thats more like it however, at the risk of sounding too picky, does the plastic look a bit cheap and shiny?

Optibotimus has a review on the MP Optimus Primal. I don't know hot to post a link on my phone from Youtube.

Looks really good and seems to have a premium quality look and feel to it. It is the best MP for me to date

All things transformers!!!!

Some more real life shots of FT's Sovereign,

The purple looks miles better than the previous pics:

galv1.jpggalv2.jpggalv3.jpg

But god, does that alt mode look like him just doing pushups. What a mess.

This is seriously targeted to those that just need a Galvatron to be in robot mode 100% of the time, it seems. The threads behind the arms look ok, but very weird from certain angles.

As huge Galvatron fan, some part of me wants this, and will likely get him, but only as a placeholder until a better version (TT) comes along.

All in all, it is a great effort by FT, just not as jaw dropping as i thought.

I can't stress this enough, that alt mode looks like ****.

Oh, and this beauty just arrived!!!

5cf7d8b1460b1f00660f5930cfe29ee8.jpg

Last edited:
As huge Galvatron fan, some part of me wants this, and will likely get him, but only as a placeholder until a better version (TT) comes along.
Sadly, it's all but guaranteed the eventual Takara-Tomy Galvatron will be ruined by a lavender paint job, as they've done with all of their recent Galvatron figures.

1469483198-h6.jpeg

Which makes no sense as it matches no sources.

Transformers_The_Movie_-_Galvatron.jpg

What I don't get is why they put those big tank like threads on Galvatron. I cannot recall if the cartoon ever showed them be that big. What I know is that they were not that big and not noticeable when he was transformed into a cannon.

Dont know what it is but FT Galvatron just doesnt look as nice compared to the original renders and grey proto.
The plastic has this cheap sheen to it.
Alt mode is diabolical too

Back