ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mp primal today - if you are at all a fan of beast wars, you owe it to yourself to get this. What a gem.

New Pics of Fans Toys Grinder are up... I think it looks excellent...
FTGrinder1.jpg
FTGrinder2.jpg
FTGrinder3.jpg
FTGrinder4.jpg
FTGrinder5.jpg

I was looking into just picking up the larger MP Grimlock KO but I may have to go with that Grinder. Any pics of how big his Dino mode is compared to Prime? That'll be the deciding factor for me.

he does look cool... its just that i'm not sure if it's such an amazing amount different enough for me to swap him out w/ my mp08 w/ the higher feet gimmicks from scoria. honestly mp08 doesn't look bad at all w/ the rest of fanstoys dbots.

I think Sovereign looks amazing, I just think it's angle & setup that makes him look so much bigger than SS.

I would like to see him in some other size comparison shots though but it gives me hope on their take for Cyclonus & Scourge :)

Neil

I think it works.
Imagine trying to recreate fights with Magnus.
Magnus is WAY bigger than Prime.
So I think it´s ok.
I would love to see someone tackle a repaint of him in marvel colors.
:rock

damn that Fan Toys grinder looks nice but I'm not sure if it's that big of an improvement over MP-8, I'd have to see a side by side but Takara pretty much knocked the original out of the park.

Reximus Prime ****s all over this.

I would respectfully disagree. Reximus Prime is just an oversized MP-08. So it has the exact same flaws. Don't get me wrong, MP-08 is one of the best Masterpiece figures they ever made, but there were definitely issues with it. In my opinion, Grinder improves on those issues, particularly the shoulder placement. I also think it has a lot to do with displays. I prefer to display my dinobots in bot mode... and I think Grinder looks better. Maybe if I was displaying in dino mode, I'd think differently.

The main thing I don't like about Grinder is that it just looks... plain. When I see it on its own (without Prime for reference), it almost looks like a smaller Dino given the lack of detail. Proportions are great, size is great, but I feel it could do with more details. I know a lot of folks like it as is which is why the Fanstoys Dinos have done so well. For me, it's Gigapower, even though every I wonder if they will actually make all 5. 2 down at least.

I would respectfully disagree. Reximus Prime is just an oversized MP-08. So it has the exact same flaws. Don't get me wrong, MP-08 is one of the best Masterpiece figures they ever made, but there were definitely issues with it. In my opinion, Grinder improves on those issues, particularly the shoulder placement. I also think it has a lot to do with displays. I prefer to display my dinobots in bot mode... and I think Grinder looks better. Maybe if I was displaying in dino mode, I'd think differently.

Thats the beauty of opinions we all have them. I agree with Reinhardt its plain. MP08 is beautifully designed. Its issue is (as time has gone by) size. This Grinder looks basic. Just doesnt have any wow factor at all

My issues with Grinder are different from most people I feel. To me it just doesn't make enough of an effort to differentiate itself from MP-08. It just looks like a bigger bulkier version when they could have done stuff like add more articulation for the Dino mode. The head has the exact same articulation as MP Grimlock while they could have added something like Planet X Vulcan's pull out neck joint.

The proportions bother me too. The chest is just too wide and the lower half of the torso is too small. It really mucks with his look.

Back