ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Seriously man did I just read that??
WHY???

I know things get a bit funny with the community...we're all hyper opinionated but just roll with it, it's only online anyway, we all have differing opinions & it's bound to happen.

Don't do it...you'll regret it...and so will we :monkey2

Oh & can I have your Quakewave :rotfl:rotfl:wink1:

Neil

I'm fed up of having to be on the defensive every time I post something.

It's impossible to have a differing opinion from the majority in this thread without someone making some kind of snide dig, whether direct or otherwise.

Quakewave will be on ebay soon.

It's impossible to have a differing opinion from the majority in this thread without someone making some kind of snide dig, whether direct or otherwise.

Sorry to hear that, man. I always enjoyed your posts.

Maybe the thing to do is just take a break from the forums... ;)

-----

Saw the two third party Hounds this morning... Gotta say, neither really impress me much. They don't scream "MP" like FansToys or Giga's stuff do. They both kind of look like Classics figures to me, actually.

Glad to see some Hounds. He's one of my favorite TFs, so I'll probably buy one of those just in case Takara doesn't get around to it. The two companies are Maketoys and TFC.

CAXzkND.jpg

GFkprA2.jpg

4jmXk6m.jpg

n8Kt1KN.jpg

The Maketoys one speaks to me a lot more than the TFC one, which does have a more clunky, interpretive, Classics-vibe (which is pretty unnecessary since we already have a great Classics figure IMO), and the bot version actually resembles the Alternators Hound.

The Maketoys one actually looks like a Masterpiece version of Hound, though not quite there yet. TFC looks like your typical clunky TFC bot and fails hilariously at the MP aesthetic. They should just stop now because their Ironhide was equally as unimpressive.

And Corsair, don't get out man! If you don't enjoy the fandom then try to find places where you have likeminded posters. Don't let others ruin your hobby.

It's impossible to have a differing opinion from the majority in this thread without someone making some kind of snide dig, whether direct or otherwise.[/Quote

I know how it can get on here but it's just one of those things, everybody has an opinion & think they are right, you just have to look past it & not take it personally.

I know from our chats over PM you are one of the nicest people on here but sometime the way your comments can come across to people who don't know you as well can be miss-interpreted (Ultra Butt Flap for example) but most of us know better & can see past it.

Don't give up something you love this much because of faceless keyboard warriors.

thecorsair said:

No you didn't understand I said HAVE...I can't afford to bid on Ebay ;) lol

Whatever you do buddy Good luck with it...I'm only a PM away

Glad to see some Hounds. He's one of my favorite TFs, so I'll probably buy one of those just in case Takara doesn't get around to it. The two companies are Maketoys and TFC.

CAXzkND.jpg

GFkprA2.jpg

4jmXk6m.jpg

n8Kt1KN.jpg

The Maketoys one speaks to me a lot more than the TFC one, which does have a more clunky, interpretive, Classics-vibe (which is pretty unnecessary since we already have a great Classics figure IMO), and the bot version actually resembles the Alternators Hound.

Saw those earlier too, think they look good but neither nail it properly

Maketoys are spot on for Robot but off for Alt
TFC are WAY off on Robot but perfect for Alt

If I could take Robot from MT & Alt from TFC I'd have the perfect Hound :)

As it stands if we don't hear from Takara soon about a possible Houd I'd make do with Maketoys & just not have him in Alt mode

Neil

That's a pretty good idea, just revealing their version of the weakest BC offering. Especially when FT's looks so much better!

Love this competition between companies. I'll probably pick up one of the Insecticon sets.

Allowing the not-Hounds to settle in my mind a bit, the TFC one actually has an advantage in that he looks more intimidating, and gives off more of a military vibe. Though that's not a big factor for me, I can see him appealing to some collectors on that level.

Yeah, they really hit the proper aesthetic there with Bombshell. I mean, Badcube's was nice and everything, but this is what I'm talking about when I say that FansToys designers just "get" the MP look better than any other third party out there. And honestly, I have a feeling they'll be cheaper than Badcube's, too. :)

Badcube is right up there with FansToys imo, so please don't think I'm crapping on their design and/or trying to start another "third party conflict" (there's too much of that kind of crap on TFW, we don't need it here). But clearly, FansToys is the winner here. Still looking forward to Badcube's Warpath... though I have to admit, I wonder what a FansToys robot mode would look like. ;)

You guys are right about the MakeToys Hound looking better than TFC's, but I still don't think it's MP-worthy. That headsculpt in particular is REALLY off. I mean, he looks rather feminine, doesn't he?

I am happy to wait for an official one.

Love the competition between companies! I wasn't sure if there would be one company making Insecticons any time soon and now there's two. FansToys looks like they've got the edge right now. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I am really surprised that Takara has nothing to show besides their Power Ranger Starsaber robot for this year. They better get off their butts because the 3rd parties are slowing stealing their customers away which includes me. Looking forward to

Megatron
Beachcomber
Reflector
Blaster
Brawn + Outback
Warpath
Insecticons
Hound

Love checking in and getting all of this great 3P news. Grenadier looks great! Another PO on the books.

My wallet cries but damn there is some great stuff coming :).

Back