ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow loving the FT Bombshell he looks awesome.

I have no idea which version to go for though...I still have the G1 the toy so the Purple speaks to me a lot but the Grey looks awesome being cartoon accurate & all.

Damn this will be a hard decision.

Kapow have them up for pre-order now on their deposit scheme.

Can't wait to see their versions of Shrapnel & Kickback now.

Neil

So badass! This IS the year of the 3rd party Transformers. Now bring on an MP scaled Devastator dammit and I can be done with it. (And Fanstoys, re-release Quakewave pleeeaaase!)

Both versions of not-Bombshell are up on BBTS for $75. Fans Toys is giving another early bird discount through BBTS, where you save $8. I'm leaning toward the animated color scheme, but am pre-ordering both just in case. The more purple version would pop more on display, and I had that toy as a kid. . .

I'll wait for Captured Pray to list them. Free shipping after $150 and the loyalty program are awesome bonuses.

Also, they are great.

Both versions of not-Bombshell are up on BBTS for $75. Fans Toys is giving another early bird discount through BBTS, where you save $8. I'm leaning toward the animated color scheme, but am pre-ordering both just in case. The more purple version would pop more on display, and I had that toy as a kid. . .

Looks like they are going to be around £60 each here in the UK which isn't too shabby bearing in mind shipping & potential customs VAT I'd get if I ordered them from overseas

I'm so torn between which style top get though...I can't justify ordering both :monkey2

Does anyone expect any new Takara announcements?
Seems so strange that I don't have anything in the pipeline from them at the moment :(

Neil

I went Grey!

In other news, thought I acquired my grail (a pre-rub mirage) only to get it in hand and have it be a rubsign version. Now I have to deal with the hassle of sending it back. Bummer.

Anyone here able to take a look at a few potential G1 purchases of mine and say with authority whether real or fake?

Yes, I STILL have money burning a hole in my pocket, even after January's purchases of 13 MPs :)

Decided I'm going grey as well :)

I'll see how pennies fare when they are released & if I have some spare I'll be on a Purple version too.

Sorry to hear about the Mirage issue buddy.
He's one of my G1 grail pieces too...never owned him but my friends did & I loved him to bits...I'd love it if Takara did an Encore version now.

Hope you get it sorted without to much hassle.

Neil

Winning! :lol

I think I like the idea of the purp for that reason as well, although I think I'd rather have the "toon" accurate, getting both sounds like the best way to go.

Winning! :lol

I think I like the idea of the purp for that reason as well, although I think I'd rather have the "toon" accurate, getting both sounds like the best way to go.

I pre-ordered purple, but I see a reason for getting one of each. 1. Have 2 versions. 2. Display them in different modes. Win win!! :hi5:

Dat Hasbro Devastator Doe...

Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-78_1423835639.jpg

It's not perfect by any means, but that looks pretty damn sweet. The best official Devastator since the original that I've seen. But why did they make his head so damn small I wonder?

It's not perfect by any means, but that looks pretty damn sweet. The best official Devastator since the original that I've seen. But why did they make his head so damn small I wonder?

The head could stand to be bigger, but it doesn't bother me the way it does other people. I think this is a great, GREAT recreation of the original Devastator, which was one of my favorite toys as a kid. Its extremely loyal, right down to the decals, and to me carries the spirit of the original where-as none of the third party options have in my opinion (as cool as they are in their own right). I'm super-exicted for him; hopefully the individual robot modes hold up.

TRANSFORMERS-GENERATIONS-COMBINER-WARS-CONSTRUCTICON-DEVASTATOR_1423841423.jpg

Looks waaaay better here, thankfully. The foot is still a problem, as are the threads being part of the chest and not the arms, but other than that, way better. Really does need a new head though.

It actually looks better than both 3rd party attempts IMO. And at a fifth of the price.

I'm sure reprolabels and a third party head will make this guy look phenomenal.

It actually looks better than both 3rd party attempts IMO. And at a fifth of the price.
Its definitely the most true to the original. The TFC hercules to me looks like it came out of the Armada line in terms of aesthetics, which I do not care for at all. The MakeToys Giant looks great in combined form and the vehicle modes are pretty good too, but the individual robots are way off the mark. Even still I prefer Hasbro's Devastator to MakeToys as its a truer recreation of the original.

Back