ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible:

80e08e04b911e445e15e0a5cba24f30c.jpg

Re: All things transformers!!!!

And THATS exactly how a Dinobot should look. Jesus, what a beast of a figure. The articulation, the paint, the size of that thing.... Will pay my order off today. Excited for what GIGA is bringing to the market. Thankful because Fantiys pushed the envelope, and it shows.

As much as I love my QuakeWave, their midget sized Dinos just don't do it for me.

Enough said:

e1e850dac5ce0627237bf4bc99de35fd.jpg

It's not even the size of the Fanstoys Dinos that's the problem for me but rather the robot proportions and simplified details compared to Gigapower.
This one has everything pretty much nailed to a tee.
Watching this review earlier has swayed my decision and I've gone with the metalic version of Guttur.
That being said, I still have a love for the FT Soar as the red version in Dino mode is cool and I have the recoloured Scoria on PO which is closer to how I want Slag to look so it's a case of mixing and matching my Dinobots. The scale difference isn't really an issue for me either as Grimlock & Guttur will be the only two displayed in robot mode and the others will stay in alt mode.
Now I hope that someone has a crack at Sludge asap. He's like the forgotten Dino!!

Last edited:
Isn't that Guttur a pre-production sample? I love it, but I want to see final in hand pics.

Also, the legs on the outside just don't do it for me. Everything else though, perfect.

The Dino legs don't seem to bother me one bit, I really don't see them as an issue tbh.

Yes, it is a preproduction sample (much like the ones FT sends to early reviewers) but it's been said that the production piece will be actually improved on on certain aspects.

I'm hopeful GIGA will deliver.

Not hand chance to watch the review for Guttur yet as I didn't get online properly last night but the comments I've read so far are promising & I'm seriously considering a punt now the size is immense!!

The Dino legs don't seem to bother me one bit, I really don't see them as an issue tbh.

Yes, it is a preproduction sample (much like the ones FT sends to early reviewers) but it's been said that the production piece will be actually improved on on certain aspects.

I'm hopeful GIGA will deliver.

I'm with you & the outside legs are no problem for me either I actually think they look fine & remind me of my original G1 toy which is how to me Snarl should look.
I honestly don't think they are an issue & as I said above remind me much more of the original toy I adored as a child so has much deeper memories to me.

I know they magically vanish in the cartoon but I had the toys before I saw them in the cartoon so the G1 toy is my greater memory so I kind of like them.

Thecorsair & Reinhardt,

Thanks for the details on the backdrops, I'll look at those.
Think I might also have a tinker trying to do my own, I'd just like something a little more exciting to look at than a closed Detolf or dusty shelf

Neil

nice depiction of snarl! -I have to wonder if ever Takara decides to complete the Dinobots how would they top these?

Soundwave
-have to agree, there are a lot of things that "magically vanishes" in the cartoons - specifically Optimus Prime trailer that
is shown sliding away from the TV frame then appears out of nowhere when he transforms back to vehicle mode but by
then Optimus is in another location ha..ha..

there's also that silencer that attaches to Megatron which was not included in his MP accessories

and lastly the rocket pack of Sideswipe which suddenly appeared in the 3rd episode of the cartoon series that Optimus borrowed

GIGA from head to waist, FT waist down...but both version are awesome

my MP Decepticons

-------
DSC08865.jpg

-------
DSC08866.jpg

-------
DSC08867.jpg

-I hope that other companies would sell a much better/sterner looking faceplate or head for Megatron
like what they did for MP Optimus

12" height of both leaders for me are better, their presence are "imposing" at my display cab.

I think that Dino looks great, but for me he is far too big. I wish there was a middle ground between this and FansToys.

Well he's the same height as Magnus
So it's not as if he's going to stick out. He looks marginally bigger that Fanstoys scoria so the height difference there is not too glaring imo.
If you want smaller then at least there's about 20 other companies with their own take on the dinobots!

GIGA takes this round IMHO.

Got to agree there, looks much more like I remember & far more imposing like a Dinobot should.

GIGA from head to waist, FT waist down...but both version are awesome

my MP Decepticons

-------
DSC08865.jpg

-------
DSC08866.jpg

-------
DSC08867.jpg

-I hope that other companies would sell a much better/sterner looking faceplate or head for Megatron
like what they did for MP Optimus

12" height of both leaders for me are better, their presence are "imposing" at my display cab.

Do you know what for all the hate MP-05 gets I still really like him.
He might be flimsy & fiddly but to me he's still a figure to own.
He looks great in your pictures fits in really well

nice depiction of snarl! -I have to wonder if ever Takara decides to complete the Dinobots how would they top these?

Soundwave
-have to agree, there are a lot of things that "magically vanishes" in the cartoons - specifically Optimus Prime trailer that
is shown sliding away from the TV frame then appears out of nowhere when he transforms back to vehicle mode but by
then Optimus is in another location ha..ha..

there's also that silencer that attaches to Megatron which was not included in his MP accessories

and lastly the rocket pack of Sideswipe which suddenly appeared in the 3rd episode of the cartoon series that Optimus borrowed

Lol yeah the cartoon was full of the magic of disappearing & reappearing parts it was part of the charm though :)

Neil

Thanks to 3rd parties there's various Classics scaled G1 Dinobots, videogame Dinobots and 2 different Masterpiece lines.

Collectors as a whole win when there's so many awesome options.

EDIT
Ultimetal Ultra Magnus!

Thanks to 3rd parties there's various Classics scaled G1 Dinobots, videogame Dinobots and 2 different Masterpiece lines.

Collectors as a whole win when there's so many awesome options.

EDIT
Ultimetal Ultra Magnus!

Jesus! That looks sick! I can't even imagine how amazing that's going to look with the armor on!

I still haven't gotten a shipping notice for my Ultimetal Prime, and there's no Megatron PO as of now,.. I'm going to say this will not come out for a while.

After some consideration I've decided to get out of TF collecting and will be ebaying my collection over the coming weeks.

Try as I might, it's just not fun any more and the amount of petty pissing contests within the online fandom are so tiresome it's barely worth trying to discuss stuff.

Back