ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest batch of pics of Guttur from Bens Collectibles:

10968413_798650146882507_8827120833890352720_n.jpg

10959778_798650260215829_7787681493328166_n.jpg

10952137_798650413549147_2085765563608707694_n.jpg

10491287_798650363549152_6944318272076808583_n.jpg

Guttur is looking incredible.

If the QC backs it up, I'm in. I have one on PO, so it'll all depend on first impressions.

Guttur is looking utterly mental SOOOOOO big it's ridiculous.

Looking at that final pic has anyone done any custom backgrounds to display their MP's??
I'm wondering what to do with mine when I can finally display them, standing on shelves is fine but just rows of 'bots is pretty dull so I'm considering a diorama kind of thing if I have space to do it.

Neil

DSC08824.jpg

-MP Ultra Magnus beside MP01 Optimus Prime

DSC08832.jpg

-Not as i have imagine it would be , but even though not bigger than MP01 Magnus is all good

DSC08826.jpg

-with the other MP autobots, i do hope Takara will make a Grimlock that is taller or equal to Magnus' height in the future

Hmm, I'm surprised at how good MP-01 looks with the current stream of Autobots... I still prefer MP-10 for scale purposes, but since scale was really all over the place in the cartoon (not to mention the toys!), this somehow works as well. I knew there was a reason I was keeping my TRU 20th Anniversary Prime!

Man,These 3rd party transformers Mp's are coming fast and furious...getting harder to keep up or buy them.Beachcomber looks good

No kidding. The third parties are really stepping up to the plate, which is GREAT!

That said, it actually makes me LESS likely to jump on any given "MP-style" figure, now. Mainly because of money, lol - gotta be a bit more choosy. But also because I feel that we've reached a point where if I'm not quite happy with how any given figure is looking (e.g. Kronos... possibly Apollyon, too, to be quite honest, though if reviews are good, he'll be hard to pass up), I'm fairly certain some other company will try their hand at it down the road, with possibly better results.

Since Badcube also seems to be focusing on Minibot characters, I don't feel as if I need to "settle" for XTransbots Wheelie, for example - which looks terrific, mind you, but I've heard horrible things about its quality...

I don't think Trailbreaker/Hoist are likely to be high on anybody's "to do" lists, or not for the forseeable future.

Oh, I don't know...

Takara have so far shown no inclination that they're willing to go beyond safe choices for their licensed vehicles as they've only done sports cars and the VW Beetle which has enough of a cult following to ensure it'll sell even to non Transformer fans.

I think Ironhide/Ratchet will be the one to test the waters with the less exciting alt modes. If they did alright then Trailbreaker/Hoist, Grapple/Inferno, Hound and Skids would become more likely.

I do think the vans will come first, but repaint potential is going to be attractive for the trucks, too... and I'm not sure that 4x4s are really all that "boring", to be quite honest. They're kind of sexy in their own way. :)

Takara are definitely too slow,

MP10 first came out in September 2011 and there's still no Megatron to go with it. That's like a Star Wars line going without a Darth Vader figure for the same period of time :cuckoo:

lol, didn't Sideshow do that? :)

Anyway, I'm liking how Guttur's turning out, but not enough to double-dip on Dinobots (how's that for alliteration?). If QC is up to par, I will be very interested in seeing what else they end up doing... though I hope it's not just to make different versions of whatever FansToys is doing. ;)

Guttur is looking utterly mental SOOOOOO big it's ridiculous.

Looking at that final pic has anyone done any custom backgrounds to display their MP's??
I'm wondering what to do with mine when I can finally display them, standing on shelves is fine but just rows of 'bots is pretty dull so I'm considering a diorama kind of thing if I have space to do it.

Neil

There's a website that does some decent looking ones for Transformers, GI Joe and MOTU, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. If I remember it I'll post a link here.

DPrime,
Scale and diecast issues aside I still think MP01's robot mode looks much nicer than MP10's, if Takara had just scaled that down instead of doing a new one that I think looks less accurate to the animation model I would have been more enthusiastic about a second MP Prime.

As things stand I'll stick with Faith Leader even though it's fragility means I can't really do a whole lot in terms of reposing.

It's very exciting to have all these companies jumping on the Masterpiece bandwagon but I'm avoiding the folly of trying to go for everything as in most cases I'd sooner wait for a company I trust to do a particular character 100% right than jump on the first one to come along because only FT and Badcube are getting it right to a satisfactory level for me to pre-order their stuff without waiting for in hand reports.

Anyone else's figures have to be at least as good if they're getting my cash and so far, nobody is stepping up.

Omnigonix might be close with Spinout and X-Transbots aren't million miles off with their more recent designs, it's the build quality that's the question mark.

My opinion on the vans and 4x4's is probably a bit harsh, it's just that the sports cars were my favorites as a kid and now I'm able to afford a complete set I'd like to have the chance to do so with MP figures.

I think you're right on Sideshow, I abandoned their 1:6 SW stuff long before then due to a lack of overall quality, as opposed to a lack of Vader :lol

All things transformers!!!!

Holy crap!!

And THATS exactly how a Dinobot should look. Jesus, what a beast of a figure. The articulation, the paint, the size of that thing.... Will pay my order off today. Excited for what GIGA is bringing to the market. Thankful because Fantiys pushed the envelope, and it shows.

As much as I love my QuakeWave, their midget sized Dinos just don't do it for me.

Enough said:

e1e850dac5ce0627237bf4bc99de35fd.jpg

Last edited:
Back