ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest pics of MP-22 UM!!! This thing is going to be frickin AWESOME!!!

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

And seriously, people were saying Citizen Stack looks better that MP-22 Ultra Magnus!?!?! I dont know about you, but MP-22 looks infinitely better than Citizen Stack to my eyes!

And Takara actually fixed the legs to include the inner blue paint and extended the white on the shin!! That's why I love Takara!!

Well, as of today I am officially 100% out of transformers... sold my last TFs this week, MP Grimlock and Maketoys Yellow Giants. Giant was the last to go cause I liked him the most. I may pick up the Green Giant set in the future if it stays available and I get a good christmas bonus.

Now I will just continue to wait for UM-01 to come out. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but I can't wait to have a giant, amazingly painted diecast Optimus. I feel like it will be the only transformer I ever need, even though it doesn't transform! lol

Citizen Stack is even more oversized than MP-22, and I don't think it's really got the Masterpiece aesthetic, but the robot mode doesn't look as bloated and it's a cleaner design overall.

The more I see of MP-22, the less I like it.

Which is OK, because my only memory of the character is him being a bit crap in the '86 movie.

Furyan,
Bumblebee's paint looks GREAT, I still haven't ordered mine yet but I'll likely wait until I've got Wheeljack in hand as by then I'll have paid off a couple of other pre-orders.

Omnigonix have posted a pic of a partially assembled Sunstreaker prototype,

I'm torn on UM. It's great we're finally getting him...but I wonder if hasui's attempt would've worked out better. ATM, he's just TOO bulky. If his arms and legs were slightly slimmer, then he would've been PERFECT. Also, butt flap?? Really?? The designer couldn't have streamlined it??

He's just gonna look awkward in ANY pose. I'm sorry for raining on anyone's parade, but I was really looking forward to this. I'm still gonna get it of course because we r finally getting UM...but it just bugs me knowing he could've been designed better. Hell, I'd rather him be a parts former just so I can pose him or at least look like a bot that DIDNT stuff his face full of energon cubes.

Magnus will definitely be a vehicle display...takes care of him being a Jakks jumbo sized robot. :lol

You guys all think he looks too big in bot mode!?!? I dunno, I think it looks pretty accurate to the bulky way he looked in the movie and season3 etc. I think the rear looks pretty horrible, but personally I think he looks great from pretty much every other angle!

You guys all think he looks too big in bot mode!?!? I dunno, I think it looks pretty accurate to the bulky way he looked in the movie and season3 etc. I think the rear looks pretty horrible, but personally I think he looks great from pretty much every other angle!

Season 3 just got done replaying about 2 weeks ago. You should rewatch it if you think he was that tall. Sure, theres always those whacked out scenes like the episode where Devastator literally jumps in sizes from frame to frame, but 99.9% of the time he was a fraction taller than Rod. I do remember him being weirdly large in the animated movie, but again most of his screen time comes from the series, and Id prefer him to be scaled like that. If you're a huge animated movie fan over the series, well congrats, this is probably perfect for you. Luckily, his open carrier design is going to look great displaying some of the alt paint mode cards.

So Takara scaled UMagnus to MP Rodimus Prime? Isn't Rodimus not in scale with MP10 Optimus Prime?

So Takara scaled UMagnus to MP Rodimus Prime? Isn't Rodimus not in scale with MP10 Optimus Prime?

Theres pics in this thread, it doesnt look like they scaled him to anything as far as the series goes, which is what I thought they were using the scale bible from, but apparently theyre using the largest proportions hes ever seen in print.

MP Magnus looks good to me, though not as good as it could have been. They also overcomplicated things with the cab I feel. Could have kept it simpler.

Star Saber, meanwhile...Wow. Absolutely stunning. Might just be the best MP yet. Almost perfect cartoon accuracy, and all the gimmicks of the toy left intact. And on top of that it looks like a genuinely excellent toy. Stunning.

10423946_867530319925528_8017750399914836161_n.jpg

10413422_867531106592116_8229835371105691123_n.jpg

10574310_867531446592082_2542893961274796312_n.jpg

10565147_867531613258732_1073247322861954027_n.jpg

10603580_867531663258727_7299397897843642256_n.jpg

There should have been a better compromise between cartoon accuracy and what works on a physical object.

Citizen Stack is better proportioned and doesn't look awkward in action poses. It's just a shame that KFC made him so tall and didn't really get the Masterpiece aesthetic down very well.

MP22 is too tall, too fat and compared to MP10-21, a definite step backwards in terms of design.

Star Saber on the other hand looks incredible.

Whoa... That star saber rocks.

When they make an MP Devastator, I'll likely be forced back into the MP game lol.

Back