ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igear had a prototype of a smaller MP-05 like they did with their Faith Leader by shrinking down MP-01. They missed the boat and making $$$ big time by not releasing it.

I think it's more likely that they realised that putting that into production would have been a terrible risk.

For such a big figure MP05 is very floppy and fragile. It has quite a few very thin parts that wouldn't take much misuse to break.

Shrink that down and the thin parts become even thinner and even more prone to breakage.

That early on in their existence iGear probably couldn't have afforded to take a major loss if they'd released such a dud.

I could be wrong, and probably am, but I thought I read somewhere on the iGear website that they claim to just be distributors for those scaled KOs and not the makers of them.

And here is Hasui's interview! Some really interesting stuff in here, like how Takara didn't seem to have faith in MP Sideswipe and kept pushing for the Lamborghini license to be used for something else that was more expensive (probably Optimus as one), and how he stuck to his guns. Also how the arguments over whether or not the minibots should be deformed/smaller. Funny reflection of the fandom, there.

He's mentioned combiners before, specifically Bruticus but I'm going to remain sceptical as to whether they'll happen as what a designer wants and what the money men decide is viable can be completely different things.

Encouraging to hear he wants a new Megatron too, I hope he gets to be the one that designs it.

Ironhide is a no brainer due to the repaint potential and the license for the vehicle isn't likely to be a problem.

I think Takara should go the iGear route and not bother with that sled thing in order to make the best robot mode possible.

If Takara do attempt to bring combiners into the MP line then I want them to go into it fully loaded and not half c- ocked; size wise they need to stick to the MP10 scale and therefore bring combiner vehicles up to that size reference. I do not want to see small scale Constructicons for example, which in turn will bring us a miniature Devastator. I hate what they did to Bumblebee; yes he's probably cartoon accurate size wise but then you have Magnus who isn't but is in terms of the mass of his combined form. They need to stick to a scale and run with it and not bounce around. There's nothing worse for me than having different scaled figures of a line in my collection. It's a bugbear of mine!

He's mentioned combiners before, specifically Bruticus but I'm going to remain sceptical as to whether they'll happen as what a designer wants and what the money men decide is viable can be completely different things.

Encouraging to hear he wants a new Megatron too, I hope he gets to be the one that designs it.

Ironhide is a no brainer due to the repaint potential and the license for the vehicle isn't likely to be a problem.

I think Takara should go the iGear route and not bother with that sled thing in order to make the best robot mode possible.

IMO, if they do that, it might not actually result in the "best" (as in most cartoon accurate) robot mode possible. I say don't worry about all-in-one if it's going to result in big kibbly legs.

He did sepcifically said he wants robot mode to be all in scale. Problem with some combiners, like Bruticus, is that you have different types of vehicles that would be impossible to scale both vehicle and robot mode to MP 10 and give us a combiner mode that is accurate looking.

If Takara do attempt to bring combiners into the MP line then I want them to go into it fully loaded and not half c- ocked; size wise they need to stick to the MP10 scale and therefore bring combiner vehicles up to that size reference. I do not want to see small scale Constructicons for example, which in turn will bring us a miniature Devastator. I hate what they did to Bumblebee; yes he's probably cartoon accurate size wise but then you have Magnus who isn't but is in terms of the mass of his combined form. They need to stick to a scale and run with it and not bounce around. There's nothing worse for me than having different scaled figures of a line in my collection. It's a bugbear of mine!
Bugbear.jpg

The overall theme for those designs is that they want to make a line roughly in scale with one another, that harkens back to the old cartoon and appeals to adult fans who want high end figures from it. Considering that, and what they've done so far, I would trust their decisions on combiners should they happen, though I'm sure no matter what they do would annoy some.

All things transformers!!!!

Based on what I read, it does seem very unlikely for MP09 to be revisited. Man, I returned my V1 twice to BBTS, and I somewhat thought that V2 was going to be around for a while... Now I can't find one. Was it just like the US Hasbro release? I didn't really notice any improvements on that one compared to the TT V1...

IMO, if they do that, it might not actually result in the "best" (as in most cartoon accurate) robot mode possible. I say don't worry about all-in-one if it's going to result in big kibbly legs.

If it compromised how clean the robot mode looked then I'd agree.

PapitoMX,
Exactly. Some of the scale issues cannot be gotten around.

The only combiner that will really work and still stick to the current scaling is Devastator which is coincidentally the one that's the most likely to sell in significant enough numbers for Takara to consider it worthwhile.

Until Takara starts with their combiners, I am going to stick with what Warbotron is coming out with. I'm currently collecting their "Not Bruticus" combiner and feel this will be the closest to masterpiece scale at the moment. They announced their third combiner will be "Not Computron" and they are promoting that one to be in scale with MP 10.

Here is a couple of pics of their SLyStrike figure (Swindle) next to Takara Masterpiece Red Alert and to me it looks very close in vehicle mode and robot mode to being scaled with each other.....

I'm in on this set too but the problem with the combiners apart from Devastator and maybe Predaking (being made up of animals) is the fact that their component bots are so out of scale with each other - Defensor has a bike the same scale as an ambulance, Bruticus has a space shuttle the same size as a tank and and jeep etc etc.
I'll be happy with properly scaled Constructicons sized on MP10.

True. But remember the cartoons had the same issues with many of it's characters, especially combiners. This Bruticus set is represnting the cartoon accurately since they themselves were not scaled properly to each other in their vehicle modes. But in robot mode and combined, this set looks to be on point. Lol. If they were scaled correctly in vehicle mode, then you would have one odd looking Bruticus. With some of these you would just have to decide what would you rather have in scaled properly, their robot mode or vehicle mode. For me, I would rather have their robot modes in scaled.

Imagine the problems and decisions they will face if they would do Astrotrain!! In robot mode, he seems to be just as tall as your normal decepticons but in train and space shuttle mode, he somehow triple or quadruple in size and able to carry multiple decepticons including a combined Devastator!!!

All things transformers!!!!

I don't think we should start taking scale so seriously when it comes to TF's guys. Whole thing is a mess. Hell, wasn't Magnus playing with two Constructicons as if they were marionettes in one episode?

I'd love official gestalts, but scale must be out of the question even for Devastator. He was able to hold Prime in his hand for Christ sakes! Lol.

My MP Sideswipe had a loose elbow joint. I tried to fix it with a screw driver and ended up chipping the paint on the arm panel. What's worse is the arm didn't even tighten up. Oh well. :(

Thanks Sam. My new Prowl and Sunstorm are perfect, so I'll take the good with the bad. I shouldn't have left him car mode for so long after receiving him from BBTS anyway. I guess it's what I get for being so lazy about transforming him.

My MP Sideswipe had a loose elbow joint. I tried to fix it with a screw driver and ended up chipping the paint on the arm panel. What's worse is the arm didn't even tighten up. Oh well. :(

Do you have a pic of the chipped part? Maybe you can still touch it up or look for a junker to replace the arm? As for the loose elbow, maybe dap the joint with Pledge with Future Shine when you take it apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see the scrapes on the red paint of the panel. I tried a little nail polish in the joint, but that didn't really do much either. He still can't support the weight of his weapon with his elbow joint and it just flops down.

Back