ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the TFClub one was in development before Takara officially announced their figure? But yeah, who would want to spend as much or more for a stylized 3rd party version of a character when you know Takara is going to hit a grand slam with their figure? Some, but not many would be my guess.

Good point on the cases, all my coins are in a drawer as I don't really have anywhere to display them properly.

soundwave,
Thanks for the info, as nice as they look I think I'll give 'em a miss as the money for them could be better utilised ie on other Masterpieces.

Fair do's on the G2 Sideswipe extras.

Scoria is released this month :yess:

FT are also going to reveal who's next :yess:

No problems buddy :)

Yeah the G2 extras look good but I don't think I'd display them too much to be honest so I'll do without.

Interested to see who FT's do plan on doing next...I hope Swoop I have so little interest in Jetfire that it's not even on my radar

I might be in the minority here & I actually quite like that 3rd party Magnus.
If Takara definitely weren't doing their one I would definitely be more than happy with that in my display.
He's looking better then I expected

Neil

I guess the TFClub one was in development before Takara officially announced their figure? But yeah, who would want to spend as much or more for a stylized 3rd party version of a character when you know Takara is going to hit a grand slam with their figure? Some, but not many would be my guess.

There'll probably be a few people that can't wait for MP22 who'll bite, then there's those who like the idea of it being a self contained figure as opposed to white Prime with armor.

But now an official one is on the way that will probably get a Hasbro release I imagine the majority will wait.

It's also worth bearing in mind that KFC's track record with the build quality and paint apps on their smaller figures isn't too good, I've seen a fair few reports of tabs breaking easily and sloppy paint on the various versions of that Perceptor figure they did so I think it'd be a risk buying something that will be significantly more complex in construction as if the QC is like their earlier work it'll be an expensive mess.

soundwave,
FT have already said that Skyfire is being pushed down their schedule as for now they've decided to focus on Dinobots :yess:

With that in mind I think FT-05 will be Swoop or Snarl as they've said that Sludge is proving trickier than the others to design and Grimlock will be saved until last.....if they have enough demand to make him which at this point seems inevitable.

Cool. Corsair or Soundwave can you remind me again the name of the UK based TF retailer you guys use? Want to get the Razor Claw Ferolcon.
I'm done with BBTS; EVERY purchase that I've had has been slapped with a custom charge. Super pissed off.
Cheers guys :)

Cool. Corsair or Soundwave can you remind me again the name of the UK based TF retailer you guys use? Want to get the Razor Claw Ferolcon.
I'm done with BBTS; EVERY purchase that I've had has been slapped with a custom charge. Super pissed off.
Cheers guys :)

I mostly use Kapow Toys,
https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/

Also worth looking at are omegalock.co.uk,
https://www.omegalock.co.uk/index.php/cPath/22

So far I've only pre-ordered the MakeToys Swerve & Gears from the latter which isn't in stock yet so I don't know how good their service is but their prices seem pretty good.

You could also look at a new company called Masterforce they seem pretty good and are still offering a deposit option on Scoria

Oh & dont forget we have both used Anime Export for recent orders & have never been stung with charges so they are still worth checking out as another option

Neil

You could also look at a new company called Masterforce they seem pretty good and are still offering a deposit option on Scoria

Oh & dont forget we have both used Anime Export for recent orders & have never been stung with charges so they are still worth checking out as another option

Neil

Cheers Neil I'll check them out :D

All things transformers!!!!

Is there anyway to know if this version of Optimus prime is bootleg? I got it off eBay for dirt cheap, the seller said it was a reissue, but this is too good to be a reissue from the 1984 version. I am just curious though. I collect other toys, but I don't know much about transformers, so I figured I would ask

6e5ahasy.jpg

huhyqusy.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't know what they are but I believe the ways to tell it's a bootleg is from the front of the packaging, something about the color and the way those boxes are. I think. Like really subtle variations in the shadows and highlights behind Optimus as well. I would just find a picture of one you know is authentic, cause it's AFA graded or something, and scrutinize the package for any color or tonal shifts.

Oh ok gotcha, I have a legit Optimus prime but it's the commemorative 25th anniversary Edition, but it is just weird...

Cheers Neil I'll check them out :D

No worries happy to help

Is there anyway to know if this version of Optimus prime is bootleg? I got it off eBay for dirt cheap, the seller said it was a reissue, but this is too good to be a reissue from the 1984 version. I am just curious though. I collect other toys, but I don't know much about transformers, so I figured I would ask

6e5ahasy.jpg

huhyqusy.jpg

There is a guide on TFW that shows differences between real & counterfeit...

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tran...prime-original-vs-reproduction-revisited.html

Hope that helps

Neil

Havent seen too many G2 Sideswipes stickered up,prefer mine with the Autobot insignia and a hint of green.

ibq9wAI4AXdlZy.jpg

I don't like putting stickers on Masterpieces as for the most part they just aren't needed.

Stickers were so prevalent in G1 because toy technology didn't allow for the sort of sculpted detailing that we get today.

The only exception I make is faction logos on 3rd party figures.

Thanks for the guide, the one I got it is a reproduction after all, I kind of like it better than the recent one I got though, thanks!

Yeah agreed. The repro labels for some of the car MP's screams overkill to me but on the other hand it harkens back to the old school toys.
The definitely look great on my ferolcons though :)

Hey, anyone know when Scoria is supposed to be released? I can't keep up? :)

Hey, anyone know when Scoria is supposed to be released? I can't keep up? :)

It was originally set to ship to stores during the latter part of this month, not sure if there was an exact date.

I've just seen that the FT guy ( dalianj ) has posted at TFW that there's going to be a slight delay as they discovered some kind of flaw with the early production samples and have asked the factory to fix it which will apparently take 10 days.

So it's probably going to be May now, which is a slight bummer, but it's great that FT are continuing to take their quality control so seriously.

In the meantime we'll have the reveal of FT-05 to look forward to as the prototype is now being made and should be ready in a couple of weeks :yess:

Back