All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this in the mail today. Very happy with it. And I got it for a hell of a price. $275, complete with the box.

DSCF3339.jpg

Grats on that Robocop. That's one hell of a deal man.

I want one.:monkey2

no box...no problem.

The guy selling the dome is a member here and i believe he sells the replacement domes to FREAKS for 129.99 shipped (-$10). After seeing those pics, it does look like ED needs a replacement dome. PEACE

Yea I saw that as I looked at them again. Will have to get it done for sure.

I could make one that looks just as good as the original, never rots, and would be closer to half the price

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ep2JEIOmjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doing it is easy compared to most projects, but I just sold my HT ED, and don't have a dome to copy anymore. With the stuff I already have, a good mold capable of many castings without detail loss would cost about $60, and each dome would have maybe $20 of materials in it. Although, the prices of some of these rubbers and other materials is going up a bit soon. I don't think it's by much. I'm just saying $150 is a lot for a replacement dome, not that I have my eye on doing one myself at the moment.

A rubber dome is pretty much like a bigger version of my rubber elbow pad:

73032_1706253464669_1488014891_31754887_1597370_n.jpg

Of course I wouldn't mid a cheaper one if you could have done it.

Doing it is easy compared to most projects, but I just sold my HT ED, and don't have a dome to copy anymore. With the stuff I already have, a good mold capable of many castings without detail loss would cost about $60, and each dome would have maybe $20 of materials in it. Although, the prices of some of these rubbers and other materials is going up a bit soon. I don't think it's by much. I'm just saying $150 is a lot for a replacement dome, not that I have my eye on doing one myself at the moment.

A rubber dome is pretty much like a bigger version of my rubber elbow pad:

73032_1706253464669_1488014891_31754887_1597370_n.jpg

I just won this at the "Hollywood Auction Extravaganza " today: :hi5:

1951804681lg.jpg

YES! This is an original Concept Artwork signed "P Norwood '89" of the final battle between Robocop and Cain. Dimension: 11 x 17 inches.

There is no way the replacement dome should cost so much. I could make one that looks just as good as the original, never rots, and would be closer to half the price I've seen. But I just sold ED, so that would complicate things a whole lot.

My domes are $120 for boardies shipped. Make it first and then make a claim for the $$$.

If it was that easy to make I would have sold it for less but I do value my time, costs of materials, and the fumes I am exposed to doing it from the resin to the crazy glue. Sometimes I have to do the fabric 3 times to get it perfect as I like it.

Considering I have seen Eds sell for $600-$1100...... I priced it for what I would pay for it.

I think if your domes are still available sometime when I've managed to both clear my CC and have feck all preorders in waiting I'll go for one. My ED is fine so far, still only the smallest hint of the degradation to come at a couple of points on the edges. It'd be nice to have something on standby though.

I just won this at the "Hollywood Auction Extravaganza " today: :hi5:

1951804681lg.jpg

YES! This is an original Concept Artwork signed "P Norwood '89" of the final battle between Robocop and Cain. Dimension: 11 x 17 inches.

Great addition to your killer CAIN collection.

here are my 2 custom peter weller robocops the only 2 in existence, at least the only 2 I made.

IMG_1868.jpg

"Nice shooting son whats your name?" :) "Murphy"
IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

Pretty sweet. I watched Robocop yesterday and it's still awesome. The second one is currently on but i'm struggling to watch it. It's horrible.

Ha ha. I think they're as bad as each other actually. At least 2 has some violence tho and Cain. It's just really cringey and the script is shocking. Even Weller as Robo sucks. Not his fault though.

Back