All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instead of me starting a new thread I'll just ask here and hopefully someone can answer it. I recently bought a HT Robocop (1st version) and managed to assemble it okay except for his head. Is it meant to 'click' or 'pop' on like the other limbs? It's such a bugger to get on and I'm worried about breaking off one of those little 'D' rings on his shoulders.

It is quite the B*tch to get on, you can use some petroleum jelly on it, that will help it pop it on, be careful of those rings as they are super easy to break even when being careful.

Sorry for this answer sounding so dirty...lol:lol

Cheers for the tips. I don't think the hair dryer will work though as it's pretty hard plastic :confused: . I'll try and lubricate it some way (you're right it does sound dirty :lol ) but it should audibly 'pop' in right?

No really. The hairdryer works. I just assembled my Robo and it really does slip on like butter, 30-40 seconds is all you need. Thanks for the advice Roy!

Thought I would post this here as some people are still unsure which Robo to buy, a nice side by side comparison.

My Robocop Collection
----------------------------------------------------

great pic Balsquat!!

Thanks!
I can see why everybody goes gaga for the Hot Toys Robo, but if I could keep only one, it would be the PF. Inconsistencies and all.
Especially for the prices, the PF is the best bang for your buck.

The Hot Toys is really shiny, while the PF has got a darker finish that to me best represents Robocop.

I actually really like all of them for different reasons

Neca: He talks and has correct proportions

Mcfarlane: He has battle Damage, the price!, and cool base to boot

Hot Toys: I like the flight pack and removable mask on mine, even though Robocop 3 was a horrible horrible movie, I used to love the Super Nintendo game so i needed a flight pack Robo.

Sideshow PF: The paint, the leg hoster action is amazing (more so than the Hot Toys), the current after market price which is much lower than retail.

Anyways, point is for people unsure. Find out which aspects are more important to you and go from there. They are all awesome in their own way!:banana

Nice set-up Balsquat!
You like RoboCop, don't you? :D ;)

Believe it or not I was content with just the Mcfarlane for the longest time till a deal came up for both the PF and Hot Toys that I could not refuse. Now if i could only have that luck with Rambo 3:lol

Back to Robo 2. Yes, the movie was watered down, and didn't have the hard, violent edge of the first, but I loved the art direction of the world and the color of Robo in that one, and Cain is the baddest robot in movie history. Can't wait for Hot Toys to get their sh1t together and finish that. They seem to be afraid nobody will buy it at the price it will likely be or something. That's a holy grail piece for me.

Anybody else dying for Cain to come out? They did confirm it's in the works, just not high priority.

Back to Robo 2. Yes, the movie was watered down, and didn't have the hard, violent edge of the first, but I loved the art direction of the world and the color of Robo in that one, and Cain is the baddest robot in movie history. Can't wait for Hot Toys to get their sh1t together and finish that. They seem to be afraid nobody will buy it at the price it will likely be or something. That's a holy grail piece for me.

Anybody else dying for Cain to come out? They did confirm it's in the works, just not high priority.

Yes, I would buy a Cain. The exclusive should come with a big canister of NUKE. I always thought Cain was the better choice than the ED-209. Robocop 2 is the better movie to me though, even more so than Part 1. The story was great, I felt it was action packed, very gritty detroit...

Erm..I can't see Cain happening now. Its been too long since the HT robocop line - surely they don't have the license indefinitely.

Erm..I can't see Cain happening now. Its been too long since the HT robocop line - surely they don't have the license indefinitely.

Nah even if true i'd imagine aquiring the license back would be very easy to do. I think this is a matter of HT's not showing interest at the moment. I hope we see something Robo in the DX line, say something like a Robo 2 BD with a second set being an Alex Murphy sculpt with police gear.

i liked the 2nd movie just as much as the 1st and Cain would be an amazing figure.
however... even if it had less than half of the articulation it had in the movie it would be insanely expensive and those legs would snap under its own weight.
and i dunno if there would be much of a market for it, really.
there's always a few nuts like me who would sell their car to get it, but probably not enough for HT to invest in manufacturing them. guess we'll see.

All I know is they announced, and then reconfirmed it not too long ago, about the same time they said that the Alien 1 would come out this year. But again, not on a front burner. The Power Loader did fine in sales. I think Cain is totally marketable. Constuctionwise, Cain is basically a combination of the Loader and an Endo. They could pull it off, but I bet it's fragile.

I would definitely get Cain! I am really hoping they will return to give the Robocop line DX treatment and add Cain to the line up.

They probably never had the Robo licence as they never had likeness rights. It never stopped them before.

Back