All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you can't have the Electric Mayhem without Floyd...
maybe without Lips as he was a late addition, but Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot, Animal and Floyd are THE E.M.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gaWb4ElB_Ko&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gaWb4ElB_Ko&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dr. Teeth was a pain in the rear to find. (Fozzy Bear was, too). But I'm pleased as punch to have the whole set.

I just got lucky with what I got including the Dr Teeth. My LCS was clearing these out. I think Rowlf, Animal, and Dr Teeth set me back $25 each. Zoot & Lew were $15 (and I picked tjose up a week later). Had a chance at a Waldorf for $25 but when I thought about getting that one too, it was gone when I went back for Lew & Zoot...They had a Fozzie at the time for $25 but the tie looked broken/cracked in the box.

Wow, great deals! As for Floyd, he probably had almost as much exposure on the show as Animal. Certainly more than Dr. Teeth or Zoot. Too bad such an essential Muppet didn't make the cut.

Yeah. I would've loved to have seen Floyd in that Sideshow/Weta set....even if they removed Beauregard to make it happen.

Yeah. I would've loved to have seen Floyd in that Sideshow/Weta set....even if they removed Beauregard to make it happen.
Agreed. Why in the world would they have made Beauregard before Floyd? These are the things that keep me up at night, lol.

Last edited:
Might as well post this here too!! :rock!

This has to be the best song ever covered by the Muppets!!
It's great to see The Electric Mayhem rocking!!!!!:rock:rock!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tgbNymZ7vqY&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tgbNymZ7vqY&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man, i love the exposure, but some of those voices will never be the same. Statler and Waldorf, I'm lookin at your two.

There's something very slightly weird going on either with the construction of some of the puppets, the lenses used on the cameras to shoot some of them, or maybe even just the angle or lighting of some shots. Or is that just me?

I think some of them are just 'newer' puppets. Gonzos new, that's for sure. His face is a little 'fuller' than I'm used to. And I'm not entirely diggin' the new Animal puppet either I think the hair seems too thin or something and the eyes look off (to what I'm used to anyways). Everyone else looked good to me!

There's something very slightly weird going on either with the construction of some of the puppets, the lenses used on the cameras to shoot some of them, or maybe even just the angle or lighting of some shots. Or is that just me?
Well, those are different than the Muppets used in the 70s/80s, obviously, but more than their physical look, they are so fundamentally different from the Muppets that I grew up with that they might as well be new actors taking over older roles. Think All in the Family with a new cast of crappier actors with crappier stories and more badly written dialogue. Sure, a couple of the older guys might reprise their roles, but the essence of what it was is lost.

What are you talking about??
New actors?...
New Muppets...
most of these puppeteers and the muppet designs have been around for at least 15-20 years...
of course they are not the ones from the 70's... but they did a great job on this video, better than a lot of the recent Muppet stuff... :dunno

most of these puppeteers and the muppet designs have been around for at least 15-20 years...
of course they are not the ones from the 70's... but they did a great job on this video, better than a lot of the recent Muppet stuff... :dunno
As has been discussed before, I don't think anything in the post-Jim Henson era, Muppet-wise, has really been worth a damn. It could be better than the Pizza Hut commercials or made-for-TV Christmas movie they did a couple years ago, but saying you are better than complete $h!t means just that, and not much else.

It isn't just that these are different puppeteers, but they seem to lack to abilities of the guys who put on the Muppet Show. Again, a couple of these guys are probably the same, but if so they have definitely lost a few steps. The older Muppets felt alive. These are a pale imitation in my opinion.

Obviously the Muppets aren't the same since Henson died...
but I think it's been more a "hit and miss" rather than "all crap"...
Some stuff has been good, a lot has been terrible...
I've mentioned before that I don't like how Disney has handled the Muppets in the past, but seems like they are starting to go in the right direction.

Even though a lot of the original cast isn't involved anymore,
I still think the Muppets can make a comeback... and i'll be there to watch!! :rock!

I also have hope, particularly for the forthcoming movie(s). However, I haven't seen it yet. Clearly, I am less forgiving than most others in this regard, but I don't think it does them justice to use them unless the heart and ability is there. This is just one man's opinion, however, and for those who can enjoy Muppets from Space and the other more recent stuff, I'm glad for you all.

I can has Animal photo puppet replica.

Many thanks to metaphorge for facilitation and technical assistance on this project.

Not sure this is on topic, but I'm still waiting for the Muppets version of Titanic, which I've given a lot of thought:

-Penguins on icebergs screaming as the ship hits.
-The band on the deck as the ship sinks.
-Miss Piggy and Kermit as Kate and Leo: "I'll never let go, Kermie, I'll never let go..."
-Instead of dying in the water, Kermit is rescued by penguins and spends the remainder of his days on an iceberg--when Piggy returns to throw the jewel in the ocean, she sees him floating by on a chunk of ice.
-The captain as Fozzie.
-Miss Piggy posing and Kermit sketching a picture of a ham.
-Gonzo and Rizzo as narrators, whose storyline parallels that of Piggy and Kermie--Gonzo promises to never let go of Rizzo, Rizzo becomes frozen in a block of ice...Beaker brings him back to life by unthawing him with a car battery.
-Statler and Waldorf in the ballroom balcony.
-Singing vegetables in the dining scene.
-Kermit sleeps in the cheap storage rooms, with the chickens running around.
-Celine Dion cameos until the Muppet band drowns her out.
-The "jealous boyfriend" and the "snobby mother" are the only two human characters.
-The "new money" lady is played by a chicken--all the other high life people are played by pigs, who accuse her of not fitting in.
-Dr. Honeydew and Beaker are the crew running the engines.

I've been throwing this idea around for years...I'm glad I finally found an outlet in this thread. And for the record, I have only seen Titanic approximately 1.5 times and that was the year it came out in theaters.

Back