All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this on another message board. I bolded The stuff im excited about. :D

BREAKING MUPPET NEWS

Today at the Disney23 (D23) Expo in Anaheim, CA, The Muppets' own Lyelle Breier was on hand to present the crowd with a huge update on The Muppets recent outings and their incredibly exciting future outings!
It started out with Lyelle showing off Muppets.com and talking about the constant updates. She also highlighted A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa DVD release coming in just over two weeks.
Then the real news started to pour in. Since I only saw brief Twitter updates about all of these, I'll just be listing the exciting new things coming out of Muppets Studio this year!

- A brand new online Muppet cooking show with TV chef Cat Cora. (Presumably on Muppets.com.) Coming THIS Fall.
- More Muppet YouTube videos to hit the web in 2010. Including Muppet versions of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody," Kansas' "Dust in the Wind," and "Stand By Me."
- Muppet Halloween Special slated for next year.
- The Muppets will appear on Andrea Boccelli's Christmas special THIS Christmas on PBS.
- Muppet*Vision 3D in Walt Disney World and Disneyland will be receiving an overhaul in Disney Digital 3D. Currently billed as Muppet*Vision 3D Remastered.
- Steiff plush of Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie coming soon.
- New line of Muppet merchandise coming to the Disney Store.
- More Muppet TV cameos and appearances coming next year.
- Muppet iPhone applications planned for 2010. Applications include, "Pepe's Love Meter," "Animal's Drum Set," "Gonzo Grams," and a movie application featuring Statler and Waldorf.
- Statler and Waldorf will be writing a book due out next year.
- Studio DC: Almost Live! on DVD in 2010.
- The Muppet Show: Season 4 on DVD in 2010. Gonzo will be on the cover.
- "Mobile Electric Mayhem Band" coming to Disney parks as part of Disney's "Living Character Initiative."
- New line of Muppet merchandise launches next year. Macy's is rumored to be the new licensing partner.
- The Muppet Whatnot Workshop will have branches in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. New Whatnots with facial hair and "monster fur" are expected.
- Weezer to record "Rainbow Connection" with the Muppets for a CD due out next year.

Along with all of this incredibly exciting news, Sam Eagle appeared at the end of the presentation but was interrupted by Gonzo, Fozzie, and Pepe on video screen. The three of them then went on to do a meet and greet with the fans at D23.

I read this on another message board. I bolded The stuff im excited about. :D

BREAKING MUPPET NEWS

Today at the Disney23 (D23) Expo in Anaheim, CA, The Muppets' own Lyelle Breier was on hand to present the crowd with a huge update on The Muppets recent outings and their incredibly exciting future outings!
It started out with Lyelle showing off Muppets.com and talking about the constant updates. She also highlighted A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa DVD release coming in just over two weeks.
Then the real news started to pour in. Since I only saw brief Twitter updates about all of these, I'll just be listing the exciting new things coming out of Muppets Studio this year!

- A brand new online Muppet cooking show with TV chef Cat Cora. (Presumably on Muppets.com.) Coming THIS Fall.
- More Muppet YouTube videos to hit the web in 2010. Including Muppet versions of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody," Kansas' "Dust in the Wind," and "Stand By Me."
- Muppet Halloween Special slated for next year.
- The Muppets will appear on Andrea Boccelli's Christmas special THIS Christmas on PBS.
- Muppet*Vision 3D in Walt Disney World and Disneyland will be receiving an overhaul in Disney Digital 3D. Currently billed as Muppet*Vision 3D Remastered.
- Steiff plush of Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie coming soon.
- New line of Muppet merchandise coming to the Disney Store.
- More Muppet TV cameos and appearances coming next year.
- Muppet iPhone applications planned for 2010. Applications include, "Pepe's Love Meter," "Animal's Drum Set," "Gonzo Grams," and a movie application featuring Statler and Waldorf.
- Statler and Waldorf will be writing a book due out next year.
- Studio DC: Almost Live! on DVD in 2010.
- The Muppet Show: Season 4 on DVD in 2010. Gonzo will be on the cover.
- "Mobile Electric Mayhem Band" coming to Disney parks as part of Disney's "Living Character Initiative."
- New line of Muppet merchandise launches next year. Macy's is rumored to be the new licensing partner.
- The Muppet Whatnot Workshop will have branches in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. New Whatnots with facial hair and "monster fur" are expected.
- Weezer to record "Rainbow Connection" with the Muppets for a CD due out next year.

Along with all of this incredibly exciting news, Sam Eagle appeared at the end of the presentation but was interrupted by Gonzo, Fozzie, and Pepe on video screen. The three of them then went on to do a meet and greet with the fans at D23.

Holy cow...
that's a lot of Muppet news!!...
Am I dreaming??!! :horror

Alright, so here's my Muppet corner!

101_1749.jpg

Backstage shelf with some 'Stepping Out' Customs

101_1744.jpg

Gonzo Poser
101_1739.jpg

Busts
101_1743.jpg

Beeshaw!!
Amazing collection!!
I have my Muppet Lab, Stage and Swine Trek boxed... I have no room to display them...
I also sold all of my Stepping Out figures... :monkey2
Palisades Muppets rock!!
So Lew, Clifford, Piggy and Scooter are customs right?...
They look great!
And you have White Shirt Lips!! I'm jealous!!!
:D

Beeshaw!!
Amazing collection!!

So Lew, Clifford, Piggy and Scooter are customs right?...
They look great!
And you have White Shirt Lips!! I'm jealous!!!
:D

Thank you sir!

Lew, Clifford and Piggy are straight up repaints. Scooter (usher) has some sculpted elements (tails and hat) and Animal (was the Palisades World Tour one) is back there mostly hidden (sculpted a whole jacket on him).

Yeah, got real lucky with Lips. I was in good with the guys that ran Silver Snail in Toronto at the time and they let me request the variants when I ordered online. Even Shifty-Eyed Sam!

Oh Ye of Little Faith.
This isn't a knock on Disney so much as the fact that minus some of the great collectibles and DVD re-releases, the Muppets haven't produced much that was worthwhile for a loooong time. I'm not gonna rush to judgment, but I'm not expecting much, either.

BTW...
Something weird is going on with Steve Whitmire (Kermit since Henson's passing)...
A few people @ Muppets forums have been raising the issue that he hasn't appeared performing Kermit lately... not during D23, MTV VMA and America's Got Talent...

I wonder if he's OK and if/or Disney is having contractual issues with him...I hope not, he's done a great job with Kermit, and the guy that's been filling in
isn't that good yet to take on such an iconic character...
:(

BTW...
Something weird is going on with Steve Whitmire (Kermit since Henson's passing)...
A few people @ Muppets forums have been raising the issue that he hasn't appeared performing Kermit lately... not during D23, MTV VMA and America's Got Talent...

I wonder if he's OK and if/or Disney is having contractual issues with him...I hope not, he's done a great job with Kermit, and the guy that's been filling in
isn't that good yet to take on such an iconic character...
:(

Yeah, Kermit sounded terrible on America's Got Talent. You can find the video on YouTube.

Those were some really good days before when companies like Palisades was thriving. It was definitely a great and well produced series.

I agree XYJ. Palisades did a great job on the Muppets series. I used to have a majority of the collection but winded up selling them all off a year or 2 after their demise as a company. Nobody could've handled the license as well as the Palisades crew but the Muppets license itself was far from thriving when product was released. It wasn't until the tail end of the license when Muppets Wizards of Oz aired on television. It was sad seeing what could've been...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uPrOdya_yfI&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uPrOdya_yfI&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, seems like Steve is back!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cqlQ5WDdBcI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cqlQ5WDdBcI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also, check out these videos of the new Disney's volunteer campaign,
a few months ago they recorded parts of it @ Disneyland...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/d...brationVideoPage#DPCelebrationTDiggsVideoItem

https://home.disney.go.com/parks/

Back