Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robert Rodriguez to Team With James Cameron For ‘Alita: Battle Angel’

Now those are scary.

The eyes are already polarizing people here. On one hand it’s too literal a take. On the other it makes sense, her being a borg. I personally think it’s gutsy and genius. It’s Waltz with big eyes again.

It is a little weird that they cast Waltz after him being the lead of a movie called "Big Eyes" about a guy who creates girls with huge eyes (whether or not he's the actual creator.) Not sure that was a smart move.

The trailer didn’t do anything for me

Not really all that familiar with the property so as a more objective observer, I didn't quite get what the story was about or why she was "special." It also felt like it was a bit blurred together with movies like Ghost in the Shell or Aeon Flux (both of which to me were disappointments.)

It looks weird because they are too buggy, they jump out too much, she looks like a bug, it looks fake and unrealistic,
They should have used prosthetic eyes or real effects.
The cgi makes it look bad and hard to accept.

Even with only make up they could have made it look better, even with make up alone they could have made it more realistic

hqdefault.jpg

499e7de72b460010ae7419d3d0b9031e--anime-eye-makeup-anime-cosplay-makeup.jpg

Doesn’t look as big or animeish like in the trailer.

Knowing nothing about the property, looks like another chosen one / AI thing. The cartoon eyes look terrible to me but I guess it was worth the risk just set it apart from the pack visually. Based on this trailer I probably wouldn’t even Netflix it.

Another nice movie to look forward to.

Darth Snoopy should just edit the title of this thread to just "Alita: Battle Angel"

Well it's interesting but a complete misunderstanding of the original Manga.
Gally big eyes are just a stylistic thing, that's just Yukio kishiro drawing style.
All the characters have big eyes in the Manga.
They just needed to make her full cgi among all the other human actors to amplify the fact that she's a one of a kind.
Gone is all the darkness, the violence, full humans are all over the place, they supposed to be rare, and these americanized redesign of all the mecha suck ass.
Still since I know that Cameron previz a lot of the action years ago I'm definitly seeing it.
Could have been really cool but big budget rrated sci-fi is probably dead for a while
Hope jashugan and the motor ball is in there.

It's finally here!! I can't wait to see this.....the most hotly anticipated live action movie of....1993!!

:lol:lol

It's finally here! I can't wait to see this...
The most hotly anticipated live action movie of... 1993!
:lol

Better late than never. I'm excited.

Rodriguez has explained the unusual choice in an interview with Empire, stating that it was always Cameron’s intention to give Alita that look:

It was always Jim’s intention to create a photo-realistic version of the manga eyes that we’re so accustomed to seeing. We really wanted to honour that tradition and see that look standing next to any human character. To have the right person to emote behind it was really essential. Her origins are in the film and you understand why she looks that way. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, we have some pretty big windows. You can see a lot going on in there! When it gets to the emotional scenes it’s really uncanny and striking. And captivating!

Rodriguez has explained the unusual choice in an interview with Empire, stating that it was always Cameron’s intention to give Alita that look:

It was always Jim’s intention to create a photo-realistic version of the manga eyes that we’re so accustomed to seeing. We really wanted to honour that tradition and see that look standing next to any human character. To have the right person to emote behind it was really essential. Her origins are in the film and you understand why she looks that way. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, we have some pretty big windows. You can see a lot going on in there! When it gets to the emotional scenes it’s really uncanny and striking. And captivating!

Sold.

Back