Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robert Rodriguez to Team With James Cameron For ‘Alita: Battle Angel’

Lol man it’s just funny. It’s like they put a Pixar character in the movie.

It's really sad that they nailed Alita's look yet most people don't like it.

1718514.jpg

Gally-mug_786.jpg

It’s the cgi eyes man. It’s creepy. But it is different

If you think that eyes are the only CG manipulated parts of her head than FX guys did their job well. :lol

Can’t wait.

With all the body enhancements that goes on in this day and age, especially if you think about what enhancements will be available in 15 years from now. You really think her eyes are weird and unrealistic for a future setting such as this?

In 20 years all of our phones are going to be inside are heads and we will all look very different through gene editing and other mods.

I think she looks like she should look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the body enhancements that goes on in this day and age, especially if you think about what enhancements will be available in 15 years from now. You really think her eyes are weird and unrealistic for a future setting such as this?

In 20 years all of our phones are going to be inside are heads and we will all look very different through gene editing and other mods.

I think she looks like she should look.

We will see how popular or posssible that will be...

It is not some slam dunk guarantee.

1718514.jpg

Gally-mug_786.jpg

Even in that color pic her eyes are smaller than in the movie and more proportional to the size of the face.

The movie eyes look weird because they look too big. Even for what they were going for.
Combine that with the weird uncanny valley of the whole face and it just doesnt work.
Not only are they too big but they seem to pop out, the rest of the face is too small
She looks like a bug, the comic doesnt

Robert Rodriguez to Team With James Cameron For ‘Alita: Battle Angel’

We will see how popular or posssible that will be...

It is not some slam dunk guarantee.

We are already cyborgs. That little phone you carry everywhere, even to bed and the bathroom, is apart of you and you of it. We have already begun to merge with technology.

Look up Neurolace. It’s a new startup the Elon Musk is funding. It’s a mesh interface that’s injected into your bloodstream, once it reaches your brain it forms a web/mesh around you brain and allows you to interface with anybody, any system, anywhere by thought.. be here by less than 20 years they say. Maybe it will be like the new vaccine for your children’s children.

Look up CRISPR. Gene editing. They’ve got that all ready to go.

The first super artificial intelligence will have arisen some where in the next 30 years 25% chance by 2030, 50% chance by 2050

Ubers vehicles will all be fully autonomous by 5 years, all the drivers are just testing the software for them right now.

All freight truck workers will be replace with autonomous trucks by 10-15

They’re going to build giant solar panel arrays in the deserts to power are cities.

There’s a giant technological tsunami coming and no one even realizes it.

But if you pay attention, you will see that some are showing you the future in the movies and Tv like in this film.

Last edited:

We are already cyborgs. That little phone you carry everywhere, even to bed and the bathroom, is apart of you and you of it. We have already begun to merge with technology.

Look up Neurolace. It’s a new startup the Elon Musk is funding. It’s a mesh interface that’s injected into your bloodstream, ones it reaches your brain it forms a web/mesh around you brain and allows you to interface with anybody, any system, anywhere by thought.. be here by less than 20 years they say. Maybe it will be like the new vaccine for your children’s children.

Look up CRISPR. Gene editing. They’ve got that all ready to go.

The first super artificial intelligence will have arisen some where in the next 30 years 25% chance by 2030, 50% chance by 2050

Ubers vehicles will all be fully autonomous by 5 years, all the drivers are just testing the software for them right now.

All freight truck workers will be replace with autonomous trucks by 10-15

They’re going to build giant solar panel arrays in the deserts to power are cities.

There’s a giant technological tsunami coming and no one even realizes it.

But if you pay attention, you will see that some are showing you the future in the movies and Tv like in this film.

Everything can be hacked
I dont trust the brain mesh thing.....watch, thats gonna let to people being controlled by hackers. Committing crimes they cannot control their bodies and stuff

1718514.jpg

Gally-mug_786.jpg

Just because manga/anime has characters with big eyes and small mouths doesn't mean they should cgi the actors' faces. :lol

It's the uncanny valley.

The eyes are already polarizing people here. On one hand it’s too literal a take. On the other it makes sense, her being a borg. I personally think it’s gutsy and genius. It’s Waltz with big eyes again.

It looks weird because they are too buggy, they jump out too much, she looks like a bug, it looks fake and unrealistic,
They should have used prosthetic eyes or real effects.
The cgi makes it look bad and hard to accept.

Even with only make up they could have made it look better, even with make up alone they could have made it more realistic

hqdefault.jpg

499e7de72b460010ae7419d3d0b9031e--anime-eye-makeup-anime-cosplay-makeup.jpg

You're freakin' out over nothing, crows. The whole make up argument is nonsensical...
Just chill and accept the fact that she's an artificial being and her look is an artistic choice by Cameron and Rodriguez.

I've no problem with the eyes, the whole thing looks pretty cool to me.

I like her look, it doesn't bother me in the least. It's nice to see different takes. However the trailer itself didn't do anything for me. Looks to be a fairly generic thing so far.

You're freakin' out over nothing, crows. The whole make up argument is nonsensical...
Just chill and accept the fact that she's an artificial being and her look is an artistic choice by Cameron and Rodriguez.

They should have made her nose smaller if they were going for anime face

You CAN do anime face without cgi, this would have looked amazing

4b986b81bd3283fedb3f8c9f1c643ebd6671da5e_hq.jpg

Last edited:
Back