Aliens Warrior lifesize head - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right but it is a pro calibrated Kuro 60" which not long ago was the best tv made for picture quality and I can say the pics are not that far off in color. Not sure how to get a better representation of the finish without seeing the prop in hand and even so , the paint is now decades old and we all now paint gets darker over time. Ill agree that the animatronic version and puppet ones look a bit darker but you cant just dismiss the pics I posted just because they are taken off my tv. The original heads were much brighter then that animatronic. shinning alot of light on a dark prop does not make it turn yellow/bone color like those pics. Is pretty easy to make that light prop look dark with lighting though. Also if you look at the spandex version its almost all black so they were all over with colors probably depending on shots. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they did a pretty good job for a Chinese production paint on such a big and detailed piece.

The prototypes looked terrible and inorganic I'm Jack's total lack of surprise the production pieces look bad.
The SWS bust showed how to paint these so the colours blend and appear natural and they didn't replicate it.

Yes the paintjob on the older bust was nice.

29568050hw.jpg

I´m a big fan of the blue Alienversion...but Coolprops also ruined their blue one with wrong colors...

on the Original it was more a sky blue and not what coolprops used.

29568103mt.jpg

Your right but it is a pro calibrated Kuro 60" which not long ago was the best tv made for picture quality and I can say the pics are not that far off in color. Not sure how to get a better representation of the finish without seeing the prop in hand and even so , the paint is now decades old and we all now paint gets darker over time. Ill agree that the animatronic version and puppet ones look a bit darker but you cant just dismiss the pics I posted just because they are taken off my tv. The original heads were much brighter then that animatronic. shinning alot of light on a dark prop does not make it turn yellow/bone color like those pics. Is pretty easy to make that light prop look dark with lighting though. Also if you look at the spandex version its almost all black so they were all over with colors probably depending on shots. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they did a pretty good job for a Chinese production paint on such a big and detailed piece.

I have no problem if you like this piece.But it looks not accurate.And its not a 200$ piece...if I would spend this amount of money I want the painting quality like the first SS-Aliensbust release.

Sideshow knocked theirs out of the park even though it is a stylized paint job. After you see enough pics from different sources, you can pretty much deduct what color they were. I wouldn't even mind if they matched what we saw on screen. Bright yellow or blue with random mottling, stripes, and veining is not right and either they didn't know any better or didn't care because people still love it.

Yes the paintjob on the older bust was nice.

29568050hw.jpg

I´m a big fan of the blue Alienversion...but Coolprops also ruined their blue one with wrong colors...

on the Original it was more a sky blue and not what coolprops used.

29568103mt.jpg

That's a pretty washed out reference photo

Yeah, but don't forget about the color timing of the film...

Hey allosaur, which Warrior head do you prefer. Brown or blue?
Great vid by the way, thanks for posting

Hey allosaur, which Warrior head do you prefer. Brown or blue?
Great vid by the way, thanks for posting

I'm up in the air of which one I like better..I'm not a big fan of the squiggly lines that are on the brown, and I think if it were a little darker, I would go with that. I know the Blue gets a lot of hate for not being accurate, but I don't mind it at all..

I do have one of the aliens heads that was used in the Aliens War exhibit which is a darker brown, so I prefer that one over all. Pulled straight from movie molds too.

I'm up in the air of which one I like better..I'm not a big fan of the squiggly lines that are on the brown, and I think if it were a little darker, I would go with that. I know the Blue gets a lot of hate for not being accurate, but I don't mind it at all..

I do have one of the aliens heads that was used in the Aliens War exhibit which is a darker brown, so I prefer that one over all. Pulled straight from movie molds too.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the vid.

Look at the teeth on that and then on the Coolprops. What a joke (CoolP).

Exactly what I want to point out. The gum and teeth look so awesome and accurate to the raw sculpt on allosaur176's warrior head. And that's the reason why I didn't take this warrior head.

Yeah, the bust I got from the Aliens War exhibit was supposedly taken from screen used molds. Perhaps mine was from the hero molds and CoolProps was from a stunt version, hence the differences?

Back