Aliens Warrior lifesize head - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Blue Alien Warrior. Turned out quite nice. The blue paint blends into the black nicely and is not as bright as seen in previous pictures in this thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 175
Mine just arrived with a break. With this guy sold out I'm guessing my only option will be a return which sucks.:(

I thought the same thing but Python on the other forum told me Sideshow hold separate stock for returns. He was indeed right. My Dog Alien head arrived broken and that was sold out/wait listed on their website and I got a replacement. They still might have replacements. Just have to contact them and wait a couple of days for them to reply. Good luck on your replacement.

I had the opportunity to see the Coolprops brown Alien Warrior at a convention last weekend, so I filmed a short review of it.

I wanted to be as honest as I could be, because these cost quite a lot of money and I know that some people are still on the fence. Unfortunately I didn't like the paint app on the bust very much at all. The bust itself was quite nice, but the highlights were far too bright for me. I think I would have preferred the blue version, as the difference between the blue and black would not be as harsh.

It should also be noted that the lighting was very bright in the convention hall and this would probably look better under dim lighting. But anyway, I just wanted to give you guys my honest opinion.

Yeah its a lot too bright and shiny.So you need to repaint this heads if you want it really screenaccurate.

Are we going to keep comparing the original prop that probably took weeks to paint and had numerous high level prop makers making it and countless others looking it over and scrutinizing it to a prop that the 12 year old probably had to paint in one day? lol If they hired pro painters and gave them the time to properly paint them it would could be $1k for the painting alone.

But they could find the right basic paint in their chinese paintbox.:wink1:
If you look on the Originalprop,its not yellow..its more grey/brown.I think its possible to use this colors for a "propreplica" with this high price.

Ya but that paint clutch posted in not a color. It is bone and redish drown and dark brown and black. Its not really a color its a bunch of layers to get that effect. There is no one color that covers any one large area.

Its always impossible to see the real color from pics that you made from your own TV.Everyone has other settings.And the quality of the video is also not the best.
And yes the head is also out of shape.The Original is more curved like the first sideshow release.

Here another great pic of the animatronic puppet...

29565419ye.jpg

And here a suit:

29565433sj.jpg

Back