ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dredge up the official thread again, but I didn't really think this question deserved a thread of its own. I'm printing out some name plates for my Hot Toys Aliens figures (partially to correct things like the mistake on Ripley's base and partially so I can have uniform bases for all of my figures). I thought it was strange that all of the characters had both first and last name listed, except for Vasquez. It seems that her first name begins with a J, but do we know what it actually is?

Good. Thanks. That's what I thought it might be. I actually did look at imdb, but they didn't have it listed on the main cast list or the character page for Vasquez.

yeah most of the people names in the movie were their first names in real life. The funny thing is I knew this before watching the movie ( and was familiar with alot of the actors ) so knew nearly all of their names as it just started.

The Special Edition Aliens was so much better than the theatrical.

Hudson- "Hey Vasquez, has you ever mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez- "No, have you?"

The Directors cut gave the Newt-Ripley relationship more meaning and obviously it was very cool to see how the aliens got into the colony.:cool:

the relationship between an adult and child in movies can be very very strong if done well.
The relationship between Leon and Matilda in " Leon " is a good example if not a little strange. The director took a very risky approachbut it did work out amazing as a movie.

Even though Matilda is 12 and Leon is probably like in his 40s there is a sort of sexual tension in the directors cut whilst there isn't really in the normal version.
Its strange how a few scenes can change a movies atmosphere completely.

I generally do prefer watching directors cuts because they show you the feel the make intended for their film to have. I can undertand why Cameron cut out the scenes he did but it is still interesting to see them intact

The special features was funny,

lol out loud at the British work ethic. Taking a tea and cookies break just when Jimmy Cameron wanted to shoot those vital scenes.

Its almost as if he wanted to strangle some of those crew.

Typical lazy poms :lol:lol

The movie turned out fine regardless.

Typical lazy poms :lol:lol
so its like that is it ?...:rotfl:rotfl

kangaroo%20treehugger.gif

Kangaroos are cool, I wish you could have them as pets, I would ride around in his pouch, or teach him to box like these ones:
Anyone who tried to break into my place would be in for the suprise of his/her life !!!!!!!!!!
Animal417.jpg

173908aFHE_w.jpg

I'm glad I was born a handsome aussie and not a pom, those English have such bad teeth you know.

teeth08xo.jpg

Last edited:
When I was watching the special features for alien 3, it was a suprise to hear that they were returning to Pinewood studios to film the 3rd movie. And using the same crew, no less

I guess they didn't want to put a jinx on the 3rd movie. :lol:lol

....... ok thats just childish.
You haven't looked deep enough into it either. They went back because overall the experience there was great. They had alot of the crew acting like idiots and they happened to be English so now the whole of England's population is like that ?

OK then... :rolleyes:

I'm glad I was born a handsome aussie and not a pom, those English have such bad teeth you know

u do know that everyone from austrailia originally came from England :slap. we only sent the bad half over there and it was probably for the best i couldnt deal with morons like you.

Back