Aliens Remote Sentry Guns Headcount...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys, :D

Ok small update, still waiting on the Tech drawings! Mudshark tells me that after a busy 2008 in the life Dept. and after some major computer problems that he will be doing his best to get them to me ASAP. I will keep you posted on the progress of this.

Still trying to get in touch with Stendec, anyone know whats happened to him?

In the meantime I assure you that the project is still going despite the delays and I promise you that you will have a "Sentry Gun" kit.

Best
Angie :peace

Thanks so much for your update Angie! I'm still "in" for one sentry gun. I had wanted four of them, but may have to back my order down to one. :eek:

Hi Guys,

I'm still here, but right now no one seems to be talking to me either!!!!!

Sorry I can't tell you more.............

Best
Angie:peace

Damn, that's too bad...
This was one of the first big customizing projects that started out here IIRC, it would be a shame if it simply faded away.

Oh I'm not saying that, the project is still alive as far as I'm concerned. it's just that there seems to be a somewhat of a communication block right now centered around the planning department.

Any of you guys still listening??

Best
Angie :peace

Maybe your over complicating things a tad ?

Wheres the research lets take it to the custom commisions thread ?

Afterall given the commisions that are now being taken in there

a 2 year old secret forum is probably why its 2 years old (coming up for 2 years)

Move the thread delete the forum

Ok, It has nothing to do with it being on a "Secret Forum". It has to do with people who are working on various aspects of the project having their real world lives getting in the way, I'm afraid that happens to the best of us and it has happened in spades on this project.

Most of the best research on this project and that which we are using to make the working drawings, I have personally contributed and since my source put a restriction on who could see the images I'm afraid it will have to stay that way (the main reason for making this a "hidden" not secret forum in the first place).

I have to say I was originally brought in on commission by Pjam just to build the master for this kit and no more but I think I have done way more than this using quite a bit of my own time and resources to try and ease this process along. I don't think anything was "over complicated" in the process. From my perspective it started off as a standard commission and all that has happened is that some of the processes have taken longer than they should due to the aforementioned life problems, not anything I had any control over.

I was hoping that we could get this up and running again soon and I was actively working at trying to get some feedback from the other forum members who volunteered their efforts to bring this to fruition. However if you guys are so unhappy with how things are going then I will just stop trying and leave you to sort it out yourselves.

Regards
Angie

Please don't leave Angie! :monkey2 I have backed this project from the beginning. I haven't said anything negative about those involved in this project. I was excited to see when you came on board with this project. I realize about life problems getting in the way. They always do with all of us. I know we need your help. I realize you've done much more than you should have had to do. I know I appreciate it! I was hoping to get at least one of the sentry guns to post with my Hot Toys ALIENS marines.

Please don't leave this project Angie! :bow

WE NEED YOU!

Pjam help me out here! We need to keep Angie involved in this project if we ever want to see it happen!

Well, neither Angie or I can move on this without the completed Drawings from Mudshark. I last heard his computer was down or something. Stendec was to provide Angie graphics but no-one has heard from him in months.

I imagine Mudshark will come through as he has done a tremendous amount of work on it and was nearly done. After that, I'll have to explore options with Angie. She'll let us know exactly what she needs and maybe someone can pick up for Stendec and we'll be on our way. I know he did a fair amount of work as well so it's unfortunate no one can get hold of him.

Again, Angie and I have done all we can at this point. So stay tuned.

Hopefully Mudshark and Stendec will make contact here soon. Have you tried sending them PMs or e-mails pjam? I really don't want to see this terrific project die. I'm still in for one remote sentry gun....if..and when it is ready for sale.

Hey everybody, I'm truly sorry for not being around much these days and for being so painfully slow with the drawings. It is not for want of desire to see this project move ahead...there is nothing I want more, but as Angie accurately noted, life has simply been demanding more time and energy than I've had to give to my personal interests for a while, including this project.

Unexpectedly losing the use of my relatively new computer was a low blow, and it has severely limited my online activities, however, I'm glad to report that the drawings themselves are completely unaffected. For what it's worth, something to be thankful for.

I really do understand and share the frustration many of you feel waiting for this project to move forward. As I've said before, neither Paul nor Angie are responsible for the pace of this project. I know they're just as anxious as everyone else (including myself) to see this thing take off... and it WILL take off... it HAS to take off. I simply can't live without my quartet of robot sentries, proudly on display with my full squad of Aliens colonial marines, some time in the not too distant future! Can you???

As Paul pointed out, I've already done a considerable amount of work on this project and I'm not about to quit now, not for any reason. Angie has had the patience of a saint waiting for me to put something in her hands so she can finally get started, and I most certainly do not want to test her any further than I have already. I will be contacting her shortly!

Thankfully, I have several weeks off from my most time-consuming job, so I will be concentrating on the drawings. I haven't heard from Stendec in a very long time. If he's no longer interested, or is unavailable, then hopefully somebody else can draw up plans for the power unit after the main part of the project is underway. The main thing is to get something started before things start coming apart at the seams... that would be truly regrettable.

Great to hear from you guys again!
As I said earlier, this was one of the first big commissions that started out here and IMHO still one of the most ambitious.
I truly hope to see it come to fruition, and it's great to see the people involved still show as much, if not more, interest and passion in the project.
Thanks to all!

Back