Aliens Remote Sentry Guns Headcount...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody, I'm truly sorry for not being around much these days and for being so painfully slow with the drawings. It is not for want of desire to see this project move ahead...there is nothing I want more, but as Angie accurately noted, life has simply been demanding more time and energy than I've had to give to my personal interests for a while, including this project.

Unexpectedly losing the use of my relatively new computer was a low blow, and it has severely limited my online activities, however, I'm glad to report that the drawings themselves are completely unaffected. For what it's worth, something to be thankful for.

I really do understand and share the frustration many of you feel waiting for this project to move forward. As I've said before, neither Paul nor Angie are responsible for the pace of this project. I know they're just as anxious as everyone else (including myself) to see this thing take off... and it WILL take off... it HAS to take off. I simply can't live without my quartet of robot sentries, proudly on display with my full squad of Aliens colonial marines, some time in the not too distant future! Can you???

As Paul pointed out, I've already done a considerable amount of work on this project and I'm not about to quit now, not for any reason. Angie has had the patience of a saint waiting for me to put something in her hands so she can finally get started, and I most certainly do not want to test her any further than I have already. I will be contacting her shortly!

Thankfully, I have several weeks off from my most time-consuming job, so I will be concentrating on the drawings. I haven't heard from Stendec in a very long time. If he's no longer interested, or is unavailable, then hopefully somebody else can draw up plans for the power unit after the main part of the project is underway. The main thing is to get something started before things start coming apart at the seams... that would be truly regrettable.

Any updates, Bro?

And again, many thanks for putting so much time and effort into this Special Project for us. :D :rock

Don't mean to sound defeatist, but maybe we should get ready to shelve this...

No way. I am in for the long haul. I have stopped buying everything else. But will forever stand behind my commitment to getting these Sentry Guns if the production crew goes through with them.

No way. I am in for the long haul. I have stopped buying everything else. But will forever stand behind my commitment to getting these Sentry Guns if the production crew goes through with them.

I sent a PM to Mudshark. As you all know he put a lot of time into doing mechanical drawings for us and was almost done last I heard. Awaiting his response...

I'm still hanging in here too. I've been with this project since the beginning, or close to it. I definitely still want one sentry gun. I'm in for the "long haul" too.

I heard back from Mudshark. He will provide an update on the thread in a few weeks or maybe a mini update as soon as today. Please know he and Angie are in contact and working on the project.

Hey everybody, I finally got P's message and I'm working on a proper update for you all. I've been working hard on this project since my last post. I just haven't had access to a computer I can use to get online much lately. There is NO WAY I'm quitting this project! If you only knew how much I've already put into this, those of you who are beginning to lose faith would realize how close we are now. To all of you who are in for the long haul, know that your devotion and patience will not be in vain!

I need to get in touch with Angie about a couple of design issues, and after that, with her approval, I'll post an update and progress report, so you have some idea just how far we've come, and how close we now are. Stay tuned!

lol. i've already written this one off as 'not happening' long ago.

Tried posting an update of sorts but it seems nobody was listening. Can't say I blame anyone, though. Just wanted to say that my computer's finally working again (after 8 months) so trying to play catch up with just about everything. Did find some great new ref material a couple of months ago, a Blu-ray copy of Aliens SE, the best I've ever had to work with in terms of clarity and detail. It has really helped me refine some of the small details and complex parts that simply weren't clear enough before. I'm still working on a much more comprehensive update for Lt. Portman, and plan to follow with an update in this thread for anyone else who's still interested in this project and how things are going at present.

Last edited:
That sounds great Mudshark! Thanks for your update. Also thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to this special project. :D I've been here with this project since the beginning of it, and I'm not about to leave it. I still want one of these great sentry gun kits once they're completed.

Back