Aliens Remote Sentry Guns Headcount...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if everyone is aware of this but we Will be commemorating these kits with Chris initials. I wish I knew what page on this thread I could refer to where we discussed this but it was also disussed with Lt Portman and decided. And she came up with a great idea. More on that when we get there. :D

God Bless our Friend and Squad Leader Chris. :angelsmil

I just finished skimming back through almost the entire thread looking for those awesome hi-res pics Stendec posted ages ago (found 'em!), and just happened to find the discussion about adding Chris (FNG)'s initials to the model. Here it is for anyone who's interested...

Quote: (pjam - 5/16/08)

One other thought, and I passed this along to Angie.

Because this project is dedicated to Chris Chulamanis, I thought it might be cool to "mark" it with some tribute, something I think he would have loved.

My idea is to commemorate this amazing project by calling it the "CC-08 RSG Project" or something like that.

Maybe Dboz could include a CC-08 somewhere (tastefully, but not ostentatiously) in the decals to pay tribute to Chris.
I talked about this with Angie, who was very close with Chris, and she made a cool suggestion too along these lines. Lost that email but whatever she suggests I will most appreciably defer to.

What do you guys think?

Here is what Angie said about this, and as mentioned I defer to her as she and Chris were very close...

"Yeah sure, what I said was it might be worth adding some extra decals to the SG set with something like "FNG USCM08" (FNG USCM was Chris sig. on the Alien legacy board) if made small enough these could be used anywhere on the main body of the weapon really without it being too obtrusive, I'm very sure Chris would have gotten a real kick out of that".

What other thread are you referring to? :confused:

There used to be an "Update" thread. And the Forum home page still shows 4 threads for this section. I am thinking maybe some got deleted or tucked out of the way to be used just by you guys making these.

Edit - And I think Chris' initials on the guns are an absolute MUST...

and I didn't even know him.

I see what you mean now. I haven't checked that in quite a while. Just a guess, but maybe the phantom 4th slot was left over from when this thread was altered so that only people who are on the list could read it. I think this thread used to be the "update" thread, but pjam would be able to answer that question better than I can.

I had it figured for an act of streamlining the section as the reason the others disappeared. Either that or the others were buried deeper to be used exclusively by the production crew...which is cool as well.

Any info I need to get can be got right here. And that basically boils down to one thing:

When they are done...where do I send the money?:D

I had it figured for an act of streamlining the section as the reason the others disappeared. Either that or the others were buried deeper to be used exclusively by the production crew...which is cool as well.

Any info I need to get can be got right here. And that basically boils down to one thing:

When they are done...where do I send the money?:D

I really have no idea what's going on with it, but I suppose the first case is most likely. If there are other active threads, I'm not privy to them. This is the only thread that I am aware of, anyway.

Nice work, Mudshark. Yeah, that's the post I was referring to. As far as deleted threads, I really don't know what the mods did. I only remember one Crewmember kept posting new Project threads. There should only be one as there is only one project like this. :D

I just finished skimming back through almost the entire thread looking for those awesome hi-res pics Stendec posted ages ago (found 'em!), and just happened to find the discussion about adding Chris (FNG)'s initials to the model. Here it is for anyone who's interested...

Quote: (pjam - 5/16/08)

One other thought, and I passed this along to Angie.

Because this project is dedicated to Chris Chulamanis, I thought it might be cool to "mark" it with some tribute, something I think he would have loved.

My idea is to commemorate this amazing project by calling it the "CC-08 RSG Project" or something like that.

Maybe Dboz could include a CC-08 somewhere (tastefully, but not ostentatiously) in the decals to pay tribute to Chris.
I talked about this with Angie, who was very close with Chris, and she made a cool suggestion too along these lines. Lost that email but whatever she suggests I will most appreciably defer to.

What do you guys think?

Here is what Angie said about this, and as mentioned I defer to her as she and Chris were very close...

"Yeah sure, what I said was it might be worth adding some extra decals to the SG set with something like "FNG USCM08" (FNG USCM was Chris sig. on the Alien legacy board) if made small enough these could be used anywhere on the main body of the weapon really without it being too obtrusive, I'm very sure Chris would have gotten a real kick out of that".

Hey Paul, do you have any updates on these? Thanks

No. Just the latest Mudshark update, Reiny. :D

I see that my last update was back in October... hard to believe so much time has passed already, and so quickly. Work has taken up a lot of time and left me with very little remaining for family and personal stuff the past few months. Anyway, here's a current progress report on where the drawings stand at the moment:

Sentry Gun Mech Drawings Update:
The sentry gun proper, that is, the upper gun body and all fixtures on it (except for the elusive sensor array on top) are complete. That includes:

1. Multiple 1:6 scaled views & 200% enlargements of the gun, with an additional set of cross-sectional structural diagrams.

2. All of the small external details have been accurately rendered, including the locations of the armored plates and bolt heads, the power coupling panel, and the small IR sensor on the upper forward housing on the gun. Many of these required enlarged, more detailed drawings (per Lt. Portman's request), as they are very finely detailed and were too small to draw clearly and precisely enough in 1:6 scale. (Note: This required a considerable amount of time repeatedly viewing the DVD, taking screen caps, making sketches, working out all the correctly scaled measurements, and then adding the final details to the existing drawings. Whew!)

3. I've worked out a couple of ideas for the articulation mechanism that I have yet to discuss with Lt. Portman. The SU sentries could swivel left and right, but did not actually raise up and down, as the hardware fixtures below the guns suggested. (The gun's were welded in place and the actuators were only there for show, apparently). We want to make our sentry guns fully functional, and that requires some re-engineering for the model, while keeping the visual appearance of the gun as SA as possible.

4. The gun mount, downtube & hydraulic fixtures, and tripod legs have been sketched out but are still WIP. Same-same with the Gridcase computer and power unit, which Stendec was going to do. I had no idea I'd be doing this by myself and I could really use his help now!!! I'm sure we'd be a lot farther along, if not finished already, if he were here to lend a hand. Anyways, I'm still totally committed to doing my best on this project, no matter what.

5. Lastly, I haven't been in touch with Lt. Portman for many months, but I assume she's keeping busy with other projects, and is just waiting for me to send her something to start on. The only thing holding that up is my needing to add notations of all the actual measurements to some of the finished drawings, which I am in the process of doing at the moment.

Once I get that packet of material sent off to her, I can get busy on the other parts of the gun I mentioned. I hope this gives you all something to keep your hopes and expectations alive. As always, your continued support is appreciated more than you know! :duff

LOL :lol it's been almost 3 years since this was supposed to start. :lol

Keep up the great work guys! :rock

Any update on these Mudshark? Just bumping this thread to help keep it alive. I hope this project is alive too. Please let us know. I'm still interested in one sentry gun kit. :wave

I really hope not! Maybe Mudshark will post here soon. I don't think it's dead. I know many people have already worked hard on this project. It need to keep going.

I am still in for the 4 I ordered. By the time I get them...I may have nothing left of my Aliens collection...but I will still buy the ones I ordered.

I just hope I don't get a hard time if I have to turn right around and sell them.:)

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been AWOL so long! Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive, and so is this project! It's been in deep space hypersleep for quite a while, for reasons I won't bore you with here. I should mention that I hit a couple of snags that I'm trying hard to resolve on my own, which is just taking more time than I've had to give to it for some time.

On a brighter note, I finally got to meet some of the Colonial Marine buddies of "FNG" Chris Chulamanis at Dragon Con 2010 this summer, who happen to have a wealth of information on all things related to Colonial Marines weaponry and everything else, so I'm hopeful I can get some of those snags worked out in the not too distant future with the help of my new comrades.

In the meanwhile, here are a couple of pics from our Dropship Pilot rescue mission photo shoot in Atlanta last month. Hope you like 'em. (One of the Colonial Marines in a couple of pics is me... can you guess which one?)

P1010609.jpg

P1010610.jpg

P1010611.jpg

P1010612.jpg

P1010613.jpg

P1010614.jpg

P1010620.jpg

P1010621.jpg

Victorious COLONIAL MARINES win the day and rescue the pilot - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

P1010622.jpg

For Chris...

P1010635.jpg

Last edited:
Back