Aliens Remote Sentry Guns Headcount...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, Mudshark! Looks like it was fun! I dig the Boba Fett emblem on the shoulder armor of the one grunt and the "Fortune's Fool" one one of the others. Also cool is that he named his smart gun "Juliet".

Great USCM pictures from Dragon Con! I love them! So...which one are you? Really? I've never seen you before Mudshark...so I have no idea? :dunno

Oh yeah...I'm still in for one of these remote sentry guns! I'm never giving up on this project! :wave

Great USCM pictures from Dragon Con! I love them! So...which one are you? Really? I've never seen you before Mudshark...so I have no idea? :dunno

Oh yeah...I'm still in for one of these remote sentry guns! I'm never giving up on this project! :wave

That makes TWO of us, bro! :duff

(Check your PMs for a Mudshark "exclusive"). :)

PM received, and a very cool picture of you all decked out in USCM gear! I love it! I want a set of USCM gear like yours along with a nice M41-A pulse rifle.

Someday.....:wave

As far as I'm concerned , the ship has sailed . My marines are in storage and I doubt they'll be on display for a while .:(

Well, most of my HT marines have now been sold. I kick myself for doing it. But at the time I needed the money for other things. The only marine I have left is my custom Hicks I made from an HT Hudson. It has the Les Walker "spikey hair" head sculpt....I'll NEVER sell it!

But, with that being said....I still want one of these remote sentry guns.

I am still "in" for it. Don't count me out.

Is there any new update for us Mudshark? :dunno

Ok, count me out.
This is just ridiculous, it'll never happen. Besides, the excitement and anticipation are gone, it's just been way too long.
I'm outta here!

It's been quite a while since I've had any time to spend on the boards these days. I finally have some time off during the holidays and so I'd like to respond to some of the recent posts you guys have left here.

abake, I'm sorry to see you go, man! You are absolutely right, it has been a ridiculously long wait. I completely understand your frustration. Nobody feels it more acutely than I do. I really never expected this to happen and I sincerely wish things had turned out differently. A number of people besides myself put a lot of their own time and energy into this project initially, and it would truly be a shame if it all turns out to have been in vain. :(

I for one cannot, and will not accept that. I've already come too far to throw in the towel now. And I don't believe this ship has sailed. If anything, it has never really left port. Or perhaps more accurately, it's been steaming around in circles the past couple of years, destination unknown.

I sure as hell haven't given up on it yet, although things beyond my control have intervened and demanded my attention be focused elsewhere, meaning my job and family. I won't bore you guys with the details, but it has forced me to put this project on the back burner for a time, which has felt more like a deep space deployment, drifting through the core systems in hypersleep, not knowing when I'll have a chance to defrost and get back to work on it.

My own Marines and other figure projects have mostly been on hold for the past couple of years. I still pick up bits and pieces for them, but I haven't had any time to work on them in ages. As much as I want to work on them again, this project is still at the top of the list.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I hit a couple of snags with some of the most intricately detailed parts of the gun, and I'm still trying to work out solutions for those. I could really use some help if anyone is willing and able to offer it. At this point, anything would be a move forward. Please PM if you seriously think you can help make this thing finally happen. Thanks.

One last thing, nobody has anything to lose by hanging in and staying on the list. At least, as Yogi would say, until the fat lady sings (or I drop dead), whichever comes first. :monkey1

Good to hear from you dude.
I hope whatever has been going on with your family and real life has not been been serious in a bad way.
My reason for bailing out is because the excitement has worn off more than anything else really. Who knows, maybe when it gets back on track and there's something to show for all the work you and others put into it the excitement will be back?
At any rate, good luck with everything and happy new year!

I'm still "on deck" on that ship you're talking about Mudshark! :wave I'm no expert at the one-sixth scale stuff, but I try really hard. As far as painting head sculpts, and doing my meager customizing. I would be willing to help you out as I can. I too have a family, and a job, and am looking for another job, etc. So send me a PM, and let's talk about it. I too want this project to "set sail" and not "sink". All ship references aside, I want to have this sentry gun in my HT ALIENS collection someday soon. Rest assured...I'm still on board! :)

Hello? Hello? Mudshark? :dunno

I hope this thread is still alive....

Is it? Please let me, and the other boardies that are still interested in the sentry gun know.

Thanks! :wave

Yes, please do that Mudshark. I don't want this thread to "die"! :horror

I still would love to have one sentry gun and kit to go with my ALIENS Hot Toys figures someday! Thanks! :wave

Yes, please do that Mudshark. I don't want this thread to "die"! :horror

I still would love to have one sentry gun and kit to go with my ALIENS Hot Toys figures someday! Thanks! :wave

I vowed to myself long ago that as long as I live...this thread will survive.

I am still in for the "long (long...long...long...long) haul". And I still imagine what my Aliens shelf will look like with these beautiful pieces displayed there.

Same here! :wave

Hopefully...someday...this dream gun will be made for us.

Until then...the wait continues.

Any update for us Mudshark?

I am SO sorry I haven't posted here in so long guys!!! Yes, I'm still alive, and as long as I am, so is this project.

I still want this to happen as much as you all, though the research & development process has slowed to a near standstill.

I've been establishing connections with some people who I believe have valuable information that can move this project forward. It takes time.

I've met a number of these folks in person the past two summers at Dragon Con in Atlanta, a multinational group of devoted Aliens fans who costume as Colonial Marines, to which I now belong. Many of them are very talented and experienced prop makers, so I'm hopeful that the missing specs we need to finish up the mech drawings will be forthcoming well before another 3 years go by...

Just wanted to let you know there IS still hope. And I'll do my best to drop in here once in a while to keep the thread from going into deep hypersleep again. Stay frosty, guys!

Mudshark out.

Hey! Great to hear from you again Mudshark! I'm still on board for at least one sentry gun kit. I have been....always will be until this project is done. We'll keep this thread, and project alive. :wave

I'm "staying frosty" myself! :)

Back